• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT24| Dances with Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is to hoping that the E3 reveal of The Taken King is something truly fresh and exciting. I'll be highly disappointed if we get another mute protagonist/antagonist story again where we have no rhyme or reason for really killing the bad guys. Where we go fight a really big version of guys we have fought a million times before, and where the main boss roflstomps you if you get to close and he just stands/dances around an arena all day. I'll also be disappointed if there is no story progression with the traveler or the darkness. If there isn't, then I will be 100% convinced Bungie has fuck all of a clue as to what the real story is for Destiny and that we will get one when Destiny 2 comes out.

Deku Tree

Here is to hoping that the E3 reveal of The Taken King is something truly fresh and exciting. I'll be highly disappointed if we get another mute protagonist/antagonist story again where we have no rhyme or reason for really killing the bad guys. Where we go fight a really big version of guys we have fought a million times before, and where the main boss roflstomps you if you get to close and he just stands/dances around an arena all day. I'll also be disappointed if there is no story progression with the traveler or the darkness. If there isn't, then I will be 100% convinced Bungie has fuck all of a clue as to what the real story is for Destiny and that we will get one when Destiny 2 comes out.

All of that is going to happen. You will be disappointed.

ethomaz

Banned
Void Hunter? What have I missed?
You are sooooo late.

U6aTV5V.png

I thinks its safe to say that we dont play destiny for the story. Its like mario

Or even would have if it had one

Man The Taken King is coming out at an absolute time. On the heels of MGSV, and right before CoD, Fallout 4, Battlefront, and all those hit games.

I relaly want to keep playing but......there's other games :(

Also I agree with Datto here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVfvSib3-aA

There's no point in getting new weapons unless they do something amazing with new weapons

Man The Taken King is coming out at an absolute time. On the heels of MGSV, and right before CoD, Fallout 4, Battlefront, and all those hit games.

I relaly want to keep playing but......there's other games :(

Also I agree with Datto here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVfvSib3-aA

There's no point in getting new weapons unless they do something amazing with new weapons

Its pretty much why i dont give a shit about skolas. He has nothing i want, except the shader

And i reallllly want that

X-Frame

Wow, that Void Bow looks quite cool.

On a side note, does anyone else think we may get additional abilities for our existing sub-classes? Possibly adding a 4th or 5th row to some of the columns in order to keep the current classes fresh and exciting, without EVERYONE just using the 3 new classes.

ethomaz

Banned

On a side note, does anyone else think we may get additional abilities for our existing sub-classes? Possibly adding a 4th or 5th row to some of the columns in order to keep the current classes fresh and exciting, without EVERYONE just using the 3 new classes.
I don't think so.

Its pretty much why i dont give a shit about skolas. He has nothing i want, except the shader

And i reallllly want that

Yeah. I talked about it a while ago, that pretty much FateBringer will be the best Hand Cannon for a looong ass time because the combination of perks and stats.

Now it's like.....so what? What else is there to earn? The Armor is great. Combine looks. Guns? The only gun I went for is Lord of Wolves, but that's pretty shitty, which makes me sad. All the exotics are extremely low in power for both PvE and PvP. There's nothing exciting about them other than their gimmicks.

So this whole 'level up' your weapons to current level is...bad for the game.

noomi

I am ready for the Sony conference. Totally excited for anything destiny related, can't wait to see Deej take the stage.

Gonna be glimmer farming at GK for a bit if anyone wants to join.

Need to keep rerolling Her Benevolence.

I'll join after I get Colonel his helm. Or someone better than me can help because I'm not that good. I average 1 win every 10 games since yesterday.

I can't bear 3x Thorn + 3x Sunsinger. Can't.

If and this is a kind of big if the old leak was correct and we are getting a base level boost to level 30 I'd expect that each of the existing classes might get a few new abilities with that. It would bring the current Max level to 44 which would put us at a serious advantage in things like Vault of Glass. But then the Vault does have another set of armor we have never seen which could drop on VoG lvl 44. Who knows how big The Taken King is going to be.

So how's ToO this week? Heard the map is on the Cauldron, how is it playing? Haven't played Destiny since Wendsday tbh, stuff in real life and Jurassic World took up my free time, but I know if I don't get the helmets today I'll probably be kicking myself for the next 3 weeks.

Sane_Man

Finally took down Skolas legit. Man, what a pain in the arse. And between me and my clan we've taken him down about 12 times now and not one of us has had a weapon drop. What the hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom