• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

This game doesn't want me to play.

TallWhimsicalAnnelid.gif

LOL

Kyne

Really? So it's basically worth using ADS over hip firing?

no, you should not count on a bugged proc.

it's situational. Use hipfire whenever you can, otherwise use ADS.

Lfg is so ridiculous for trials.

So many of them are like "must have thorn or the last word"

Ugh

that's actually pretty tame compared to what I've seen.

Must be 34.
Must have all maxed weapons.
Must be able to pro snipe.
Must have gone 9-0 before.

Those are the usual pre-requisites to getting in an LFG team.

SgtCobra

I love how a big part of the community is actually unsatisfied about the unbalanced pvp mode in this game. It's like it happened overnight, sure people like me have been bitching and complaining for months now but several big Destiny YouTubers are also voicing their opinion on this matter which hopefully gets more players to realize that the pvp needs a lot of tuning.
The handcannon meta that is going on right now is boring and frustrating as hell, I have to admit that I'm not really having a hard time anymore against Thorn users as the S-tier pulse rifles seem to take them out pretty decently. I never had a hard time against TLW users tbh.. Anyway, the rebalancing is coming with TTK I guess, and it's going to be glorious, weapon diversity ftw. But Bungie, please, buff the auto rifles ffs.

Incredible! I had a few matches like this but its pretty rare.

I want a TLW so bad ;_;
Here's hoping you get it before TTK as that is when the rebalancing patch will drop I guess. It's a very fun weapon to use but also a bit broken.

nOoblet16

Really? So it's basically worth using ADS over hip firing?

The best way to use TLW is ADS actually, you hip fire only in certain cases despite the bonus. Most people think that because of the bonus hipfiring is the better option for TLW but it's not....even if they fix the bugged damage proc this won't change. The only times you would want to be hip firing is if the enemy is in close range.

Anyone wanna do Trials? I need to do it 3x with at least 5 wins on each card. Rocking a 365 Thorn/TLW. I've gone 9-1 a few times, so I wouldn't expect a Mercury trip but it's within reach. Starting out with my Titan.

PSN - rolyreyes

todd360

Quick question for you TLW pros. Since its perks are centered around firing from the hip, do you lose damage firing the weapon using ADS?

Hip fire headshots are god tier. You don't lose damage using ADS. You just get more if you pull off hipfire headshots. Your gonna want to aim down the sights most of the time. You will know when the time is right to hipfire.

I love how a big part of the community is actually unsatisfied about the unbalanced pvp mode in this game. It's like it happened overnight, sure people like me have been bitching and complaining for months now but several big Destiny YouTubers are also voicing their opinion on this matter which hopefully gets more players to realize that the pvp needs a lot of tuning.

I think a lot of this stems from Trials. I was thinking about this last weekend when I came back to Destiny and started HoW.

Trials offers, more or less, some of the best gear in the game right now. Or at least, what is perceived as some of the best because it's so rare. I think a lot of people have attempted Trials only to realize there's content(weapons, armor, the lighthouse enviornment) that they paid for and are never going to see/get.

I never used the Thorn, TLW, or the Hawkmoon until I started playing Trials. That's all I use because I know it's the best chance I have to get to Mercury again(I've only been once so far)

The best way to use TLW is ADS actually, you hip fire only in certain cases despite the bonus. Most people think that because of the bonus hipfiring is the better option for TLW but it's not....even if they fix the bugged damage proc this won't change. The only times you would want to be hip firing is if the enemy is in close range.

TLW hip fire is for up close assholes attacking you. Use ADS

Hip fire headshots are god tier. You don't lose damage using ADS. You just get more if you pull off hipfire headshots. Your gonna want to aim down the sights most of the time. You will know when the time is right to hipfire.

Pretty helpful input fellas. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom