• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rewards systems are absolutely designed to keep you playing, or to make you continue to feel rewarded for continuing to play.

I think though if the guy really wants to make an argument against games with random rewards and fulfillment loops then he should make a really long list of them instead of focusing on Destiny and using WoW for backstory.

A really long list doesn't make for riveting viewing. ;)

I'm also fairly convinced that TDB and HoW were taken out of the game and resold as dlc. As far as TTK goes, I'm waiting till it launches and I get impressions from the masses (gaf, reddit, youtube, game journalists). If it sounds like it's worth it, I'll buy in. If not, I'll wait for Destiny 2 impressions. There are a lot better games out there to play.

oneils

That IB bounty actually includes assists, so you don't even have to get a 10 kill streak to complete it. Also carries over matches.

I have no idea what Xur is selling, otherwise I'd tell you if it's worth buying or not.

Wow, thanks. I did not know that.

Apt101

I'm 32, feel like I am burned out on bounty hunting (got a weird urge earlier to hunt Wolves, been doing it for hours). How difficult is 32 PoE compared to 28?

Just had the best Trials of Osiris experience ever.

I was playing with two friends who are both very good. Myself and one friend were 8-0 on our Trials cards, other guy was 7-0 (and I didn't have a mercy boon). We'd gone undefeated in a few of our prior matches and no team ever got up to 4 wins.

So we're up against this one last team my friend and I need to beat to get to Mercury.

The first 3 rounds, we win. The team was good, but we won all three.

The next 3 rounds, they won. At the end of the third round, one of the guys started tea-bagging me. So it's 3-3.

The next round, they won. 4-3 for them. We won the one after that. 4-4.

The last round was tense. Supers, revives, shotguns.

We won. It was close, but we won. I wanted to teabag one of their bodies, but I didn't. Just threw grenades against the wall instead.

We exit out, get ready to go to Mercury, then the Reef.

That's when I get a message from one of their players. I go to Messages, open it. It's a voice message. 5 seconds long. I never get voice messages, but I open it.

It's someone who sounds like an older teenager, and he's slow rapping. Here's what his rap said:

"Mike Works, I spit that. Your mom, I hit that."
So I'm laughing because I almost never get messaged after crucible, let alone a personalized voice rap.

I go back to the game, go to the Reef (got an arc Messenger on Mercury, then a normal Messenger on the Reef, so that was a little dumb). And I grab a slice of homemade pizza and enjoy it. Put away some dishes in the kitchen.

Then I come back and reply to his message with a voice message of my own. Mine was only 5 seconds too. This is what I said.

"That was a really good rap, man! In fact you could even say it was... flawless."
He sent me text messages after that about my mom and I blocked him. But I'm never going to delete that voice message. It's too much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom