• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyeron

I need a break from alt leveling. If anyone needs a 32 for PVE stuff, feel free to shoot me an invite. Disclaimer: I still haven't set foot in VoG or CE. :/

PS4. Eyeron80.

Just reforged a Her Benevolence to shortgaze, hidden hand, unflinching, but the 3rd row perks are all crap: Reinforced barrel, custom optics, skip rounds. Keep it?

Ghazi

Has everyone gotten their Nepal shirts? I'm still waiting for mine... or even any updates on the status of my order.

Has everyone gotten their Nepal shirts? I'm still waiting for mine... or even any updates on the status of my order.

Still waiting for email, they said they will ship them in the order they were purchased.

Also, people in countries outside the US will obviously get them later.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
-=sniff=- -=sniff=- It's good to know my General has great friends. Even in his absence I am taken care of.

Daemul

hi guys. Took my son to the park and to my folks and went swimming. People already visiting Mercury and everything.

Someone on the Fireteam Chat posted this, anyone see it already?

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/the-point/

I just watched that and it summed up what I realised about Destiny long ago, that it's a virtual slot machine. I remember the John Hopson guy who was mentioned in the video having a talk at GDC earlier in the year and discussing how Bungie used behavioural psychology to keep players coming back to the game time and time again, it actually brought a smile to my face because it confirmed what I had suspected for a long time about the design choices in this game.

Bungie Used Behavioral Psychology to Make Destiny Appealing

The part in the video about a purposeful lack of content in the game made me laugh out loud because friends of mine have actually been suspecting that Bungie was doing that to hook people more, and it was nice to see someone who had the same thought cross his mind.

With the ridiculous pricing of TTK in the UK(£40 LOL!) I'll probably jump off the Destiny train soon, but the whole psychological experiment that Bungie has going on has caught my attention. I want to see how far they can push players before they completely snap, and by snap I don't mean complain about a few emotes for awhile and then happily go back to playing the game within a couple of weeks, I mean stop playing the game completely.

Best take my deck chair and popcorn out because this is going to a glorious ride.

purg3

slept with Malkin
so what's the optimal reforge roll for Judgement VI?

Best I've got so far is shot package and final round

Still waiting for email, they said they will ship them in the order they were purchased.

Also, people in countries outside the US will obviously get them later.

I got mine a few weeks ago. Still haven't received a shipped email though so it's possible it will turn up out of the blue, but yeah they are arriving in Aus.

Edit: Plus I canceled mine originally due to the shipping stuff, then I reordered on the last day it was available so I don't know about that shipping in order thing.

I got mine a few weeks ago. Still haven't received a shipped email though so it's possible it will turn up out of the blue, but yeah they are arriving in Aus.

Edit: Plus I canceled mine originally due to the shipping stuff, then I reordered on the last day it was available so I don't know about that shipping in order thing.

Oh wow, then mine should arrive soon I hope.

You got the tshirt a few weeks ago? Weeks!?

sjay1994

I just watched that and it summed up what I realised about Destiny long ago, that it's a virtual slot machine. I remember the John Hopson guy who was mentioned in the video having a talk at GDC earlier in the year and discussing how Bungie used behavioural psychology to keep players coming back to the game time and time again, it actually brought a smile to my face because it confirmed what I had suspected for a long time about the design choices in this game.

Bungie Used Behavioral Psychology to Make Destiny Appealing

The part in the video about a purposeful lack of content in the game made me laugh out loud because friends of mine have actually been suspecting that Bungie was doing that to hook people more, and it was nice to see someone who had the same thought cross his mind.

With the ridiculous pricing of TTK in the UK(£40 LOL!) I'll probably jump off the Destiny train soon, but the whole psychological experiment that Bungie has going on has caught my attention. I want to see how far they can push players before they completely snap, and by snap I don't mean complain about a few emotes for awhile and then happily go back to playing the game within a couple of weeks, I mean stop playing the game completely.

Best take my deck chair out because this is going to a glorious ride.

This game is tailor made to get people addicted. From the noises whenever you get a piece of loot, to the way the enemies explode whenever they are killed with a critical, I can see every design idea that makes destiny so addictive. And that infuriates me because I am addicted to it. I hate the fact the game wants you to repeat the same activities over and over again, I am bored of the same god damn enemies, but even when I quit I go into withdrawal periods, and want to come back to it.

Fuck, I tried deleting it of my HDD once, only to reinstall it 3 days later.

And now the taken king is looking appealing.

God damn Activision/Bungie.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Wow, I ordered within the first week they announced it..wonder why mine hasn't arrived yet :/
Not just yours, I haven't gotten mine either. They must be shipping to US customers first, and then working their way out worldwide. We'll probably be last... ~_~

Biggy

How do you check the progress on the ghost hunter thropy?
Just need the following 4 thropies for the platinum. flawless raider, ghost hunter and titan/warlock mastery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom