• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Uh, what? Defender titans have been pretty consistently the single most useful class in PvE from the beginning and continue to remain so.

PvP, sure, they're probably the weakest, but they are getting a ranged, duration based super that should help with that htis fall.
Titan Smash is a good Super for PvP, especially in Control with capture points like in Cauldron, Twilight Gap, Firebase Delphi etc.

Warlocks remain useless as always.
Ha ha, look at this man - he thinks he's funny :p

JTripper

Anyone doing Skolas on PS4?? I still haven't beaten him yet since no one would let me join their party (because I don't have a Gally).

I do however have all max weapons, including an icebreaker and a rocket with tracking. Also weapons of light is always useful.

traveler

Not Wario
Titan Smash is a good Super for PvP, especially in Control with capture points like in Cauldron, Twilight Gap, Firebase Delphi etc.

Ha ha, look at this man - he thinks he's funny :p

They're not bad, no, but when I compare them to the other two, I think they do come up short. Voidwalker Warlocks, and bladedancer hunters can massacre a group on a point too. And they have far more range on their melees, and blink.

Lightning grenade is probably the best thing PvP titans have going for them.

Toddler

Saints been had that Blacksmith shader...

f0xUmGi.jpg

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm laughing at you....you hunter-less heathen.
I will be #ForeverNoHunter

That's actually a lie - I will get a Hunter to lvl 20 for the Platinum Trophy and then instantly delete it!

They're not bad, no, but when I compare them to the other two, I think they do come up short. Voidwalker Warlocks, and bladedancer hunters can massacre a group on a point too. And they have far more range on their melees, and blink.

Lightning grenade is probably the best thing PvP titans have going for them.
Yup, Lightning Grenade and the Armamentarium chest piece and you're set for PvP.

Frenden

Banned
I never bothered to throw XP into my Hunger of Crota. Any point now?

It seems like a weak legendary attempt at Gjallahorn-like perks.

Guyss what do i do now that i have the dlc? Are the story missions worth it? What weapons should i pursue?

CE weapons worth pursuing are Black Hammer, Swordbreaker and Fang of Ir Yut.
If you don't have a void hand cannon, then Word of Crota.

You can do Eris missions and grind to rank 4 for shaders, emblems, class items etc. Sunsetting and middaye and shaders worth getting.

With the raid, you get 3 exotic chances per character per week, so definitely worth doing if you're looking for exotic weapons. Be prepared to get a lot of No Land Beyond and Dragon's Breath though.

LiK

I never bothered to throw XP into my Hunger of Crota. Any point now?

It seems like a weak legendary attempt at Gjallahorn-like perks.

only if you need an G-Horn alt for PVE.

it's fucking useless for PVP. even maxed, it rarely kills even with tracking and clusters. such a disappoint.

Might as well do them, it's new content!

Husk of the Pit.

Black Hammer is the only real must have tbh.

CE weapons worth pursuing are Black Hammer, Swordbreaker and Fang of Ir Yut.
If you don't have a void hand cannon, then Word of Crota.

You can do Eris missions and grind to rank 4 for shaders, emblems, class items etc. Sunsetting and middaye and shaders worth getting.

With the raid, you get 3 exotic chances per character per week, so definitely worth doing if you're looking for exotic weapons. Be prepared to get a lot of No Land Beyond and Dragon's Breath though.

Hunger of Crota sucks major ass.

Lord of Wolves and Queenbreaker's Bow are kind of fun novelty weapons, but nothing amazing. You'll have to do PoE 34/35 for a chance at them though.

Alright guys, thanks :)

deafmedal

Looks like we're full. I'll send invites close to 8pm. Should be a good time.
1. EpyonMX
2. <friend>
3. <friend>
4. deafmedal1
5. madpeon
6. Owensboro

Good run guys, hopefully everyone had a fun time and learned a thing or two to make future runs smoother :)

Always good to steal someones Ghally- my fifth after #4 yesterday :p
Alas, another FB alludes me, wouldn't complain with a couple more FVs either.

Anyone wanna start up a fresh CE, could go hard but would prefer normal...

Namikaze1

Lol i read that Lord of Wolves and some bow were good.
I'll be perfectly honest with you, while they're good, I wouldn't let them take up Gjallarhorn's slot. There's only one exotic weapon slot and it belongs to Gjallarhorn (in PvE). You can pick one of the Holy Trinity for PvP.

I'll be perfectly honest with you, while they're good, I wouldn't let them take up Gjallarhorn's slot. There's only one exotic weapon slot and it belongs to Gjallarhorn (in PvE). You can pick one of the Holy Trinity for PvP.

I agree with you on that one! So i should do PoE, Crota's End (pls halp) and the story missions right?

Then do Prison of Elder lvl 32 for armor cores to buy light 42 armor from Variks.

lvl 34/35 Prison to get Etheric light

Trials of Osiris if you like PVP.

The HoW story missions are pretty good, so get through them.

Ok. Im already lvl 34 because of the Iron Banner so does Prison give you anything else?

Trying to finalize the newbie VoG raid planned for this weekend, I think there are still 1-2 spots available so all newcomers, first timers and inexperienced raiders are welcome.

Normal Vault of Glass - this weekend. Raid starts at level 26 but minimum level to enter is 23. However, to be effective, level 25+ is preferred.

No gear requirements, bring your blues and greens if that's all you have.

Depending on time, we can also do a normal Crota's End raid afterwards, minimum level to enter is 27 though since it's a level 30 raid.

Our raiders:

1. GorgonJr. (PSN: ruthlesbarbarian)

2. Apple Season (PSN: figaliz)

3. Kurumi (PSN: XxNinjaAyanexX)

4. SolicitorPirate (PSN: SolicitorPirate)

5. Open as of now, preference to first timers.

6. DrDrizzay101 aka Vault lore keeper, if we don't have a 6th newbie raider.

Exact time and day will be decided soon, as soon as we fill up and everyone can post their availability.

The sherpa(s) will not instruct the newbies in the ways of the vault, they will learn and discover (and die a lot) on their own. It will be glorious!

Namikaze1

I agree with you on that one! So i should do PoE, Crota's End (pls halp) and the story missions right?
PoE if you want the gear. Most of it is worthless except for the sniper Variks will never sell, and two of the Queen's weapons (Sniper and Launcher). The PoE armor gear is useless outside PoE.

Do Crota's End normal first for a chance at Black Hammer. You want that. Nothing else matters in Normal. For Hard, the Crux (screw everyone that says it is worthless!!)

I suggest doing the HoW missions. I would say skip the TDB missions but just do them to get rid of that stupid green marker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom