• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Im already lvl 34 because of the Iron Banner so does Prison give you anything else?

How many characters do you have? If you only have one, then make 2 more and start grinding :p

Prison gives you some thing else - they are called grief and disappointment.

Not that high of a drop rate to be "guaranteed" :p

just my RNG then..getting ciphers even on 34 when i don't want them, and can't even delete them..

PoE if you want the gear. Most of it is worthless except for the sniper Variks will never sell, and two of the Queen's weapons (Sniper and Launcher). The PoE armor gear is useless outside PoE.

Do Crota's End normal first for a chance at Black Hammer. You want that. Nothing else matters in Normal. For Hard, the Crux (screw everyone that says it is worthless!!)

I suggest doing the HoW missions. I would say skip the TDB missions but just do them to get rid of that stupid green marker.

Do you like doing PoE for Skolas? From what i have seen hes tough to defeat. But is it a good fight?

Huh Black Hammer is that good and only drops on normal? Alright

Yeah my OCD (not really) wont let me leave that marker there. I'll do them.

LiK

I didn't do Skolas before the nerf, but it's actually fun now. ran it four times last week, had a good time each go. I can't imagine how rough it was with burns and constant adds.

wasn't too bad the two times i played him before nerf hit. mainly beause i played with Nami and he already knew what to do. i only played Void

deafmedal

Trying to finalize the newbie VoG raid planned for this weekend, I think there are still 1-2 spots available so all newcomers, first timers and inexperienced raiders are welcome.

Normal Vault of Glass - this weekend. Raid starts at level 26 but minimum level to enter is 23. However, to be effective, level 25+ is preferred.

No gear requirements, bring your blues and greens if that's all you have.

Depending on time, we can also do a normal Crota's End raid afterwards, minimum level to enter is 27 though since it's a level 30 raid.

Our raiders:

1. GorgonJr. (PSN: ruthlesbarbarian)

2. Apple Season (PSN: figaliz)

3. Kurumi (PSN: XxNinjaAyanexX)

4. SolicitorPirate (PSN: SolicitorPirate)

5. Open as of now, preference to first timers.

6. DrDrizzay101 aka Vault lore keeper, if we don't have a 6th newbie raider.

Exact time and day will be decided soon, as soon as we fill up and everyone can post their availability.

The sherpa(s) will not instruct the newbies in the ways of the vault, they will learn and discover (and die a lot) on their own. It will be glorious!

If you need me, lemme know :)

Namikaze1

Do you like doing PoE for Skolas? From what i have seen hes tough to defeat. But is it a good fight?

Huh Black Hammer is that good and only drops on normal? Alright

Yeah my OCD (not really) wont let me leave that marker there. I'll do them.
Don't know how Skolas is nowadays after the nerf. You will need to ask someone else that. He wasn't that tough to defeat before nerf since most gave him the old Gjallarhorn Salute during solar burn or Sniper Hailstorm during void and arc burns. Plus ads spawned all the time. My team fucked up in Void burns and that resulted in us having to do the fight the normal way. It was fun but way too many ads.

Black Hammer is an exotic weapon disguised as a legendary weapon.

Get a certain Eris mission over with fast. I couldn't stand seeing that icon every time I went to orbit. I knew it was that freaking mission.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I didn't do Skolas before the nerf, but it's actually fun now. Ran it four times last week, had a good time each go. I can't imagine how rough it was with burns and constant adds.
Burns = Great
Constantly spawning Adds = VERY, VERY, BAD.

In the end, it was the Adds that made the original PoE 35 terrible.

uLC9AIql.jpg

Thanks for the run, DeafMedal1, OwensBoro & MadPeon. Sorry we couldn't get you in TheTurboFD.

e6vnu8Gl.jpg

Man, what a blast. I love the Vault.

Kurumi

Trying to finalize the newbie VoG raid planned for this weekend, I think there are still 1-2 spots available so all newcomers, first timers and inexperienced raiders are welcome.

Normal Vault of Glass - this weekend. Raid starts at level 26 but minimum level to enter is 23. However, to be effective, level 25+ is preferred.

No gear requirements, bring your blues and greens if that's all you have.

Depending on time, we can also do a normal Crota's End raid afterwards, minimum level to enter is 27 though since it's a level 30 raid.

Our raiders:

1. GorgonJr. (PSN: ruthlesbarbarian)

2. Apple Season (PSN: figaliz)

3. Kurumi (PSN: XxNinjaAyanexX)

4. SolicitorPirate (PSN: SolicitorPirate)

5. Open as of now, preference to first timers.

6. DrDrizzay101 aka Vault lore keeper, if we don't have a 6th newbie raider.

Exact time and day will be decided soon, as soon as we fill up and everyone can post their availability.

The sherpa(s) will not instruct the newbies in the ways of the vault, they will learn and discover (and die a lot) on their own. It will be glorious!

Doing VoG after so long is going to be fun!

Namikaze1

I didn't do Skolas before the nerf, but it's actually fun now. Ran it four times last week, had a good time each go. I can't imagine how rough it was with burns and constant adds.
Ads made PoE 35 a nightmare. Especially when it was Arc burn. Void burn made it easier for some folks to go about learning how to do things normally but everyone took advantage of the burns and Gjallarhorn or sniped Skolas within the first minute or two of the fight.

I really enjoy the Skolas fight post-patch, though I think Juggler should always stay in the rotation as a modifier.

It has just the right mix of teamwork and individual skill. You have to move and work together, but the mechanics allow just enough wiggle room for big individual plays like saving team wipes or grabbing clutch dismantles. The fight doesn't always play out the same way and requires some quick, adaptive thinking, which is something I think is sorely missing from both of the previous raids. It's not my favorite Destiny content, but I enjoy how unique it feels in light of the other team-oriented PvE content.

The biggest issue, though, is that the fight has no checkpoint, and thus, no way to skip the preceding 25 minutes or so. It's always the same first 5 rounds that anyone with experience can sleepwalk through. The lack of checkpoints adds a whole new, extraneous layer to the grind.

sajj316

PoE 32 anyone?

Have 2, need one more

PSN is sajj316

Prefer someone with Gally for Quod-asshole so we don't have to deal with Jail breaks

Titan would be ideal

OkayRene

Both Normal and Hard.

Praetorian Foil is a rare drop though. Like super rare. Had people jealous of mine for months. :p

Foil doesn't drop at all unless your nami.

Hezen is normal gatekeepers drop, can drop from hard if you haven't done normal.

Foil is hard oracles drop only.

edit: nami pls

Praetorian Foil only drops in HM and once in a blue moon.

I got a Foil, too. :p

Foil makes sense that I don't have then, but I'm scratching my head about how I still haven't gotten Hezen Vengeance. Thought maybe it was like Blackhammer, but guess I'll keep trying.

Also discovered I deleted one too many Oversoul Edicts, oops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom