• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spare change with outlaw, hand laid stock and head seeker

Versus.

ALLFATE with spray and play, hand laid stock, and hidden hand.

Which is a better PvP weapon?

zewone

Spare change with outlaw, hand laid stock and head seeker

Versus.

ALLFATE with spray and play, hand laid stock, and hidden hand.

Which is a better PvP weapon?

Spare Change is a 2 shot kill, but it's lacking compared to The Messenger if you have that around.

AllFate is awesome, but it's a 3 shot kill with a faster RoF.

Personally I think AllFate is better/funner to use.

phen0m24

I am now level 7 on Bone and ready for the Trials. Anyone requiring OP assistance you know
not
to call on me.

As an aside, my son is a level 34 Titan on Xbone and wants to get a Titan helmet from Trials. He's great at PvP (as in way way way better than me) but has limited friends on XBL. Any not so sweaty guardians on Bone that could use a G-rated very competent third let me know. He has a leveled Thorn, TLW, and queen's rocket launcher. Currently leveling his Dry Rot shotgun that has full auto, small bore and battle runner. (And he has speed reload gauntlets)

Trying to find the kiddo some friends.
(Should have just bought another ps4)

zewone

lol.

It's always best to rush the enemies heavy on Widow's Court and if you're on the bad side be prepared to be rushed because your opponents will have the high ground.

As I have pretty much given up on gettng a Gally...

I currently have

Hunger of Croata
Uppercut Payload
The Dreamwaker
Ash Factory
Wastelander V2V
Pax Totalus EPR8
Admonisher III

I'm sick of passing HoC between my characters, any reccomendations on what Rocket Launcher I should start rerolling and for which perks?

For PVE

Cryptarch gave me a Gjally last night from a purple engram.

kiguel182

Well, since I'm weak I decided to do Ritual of Sacrifice on Normal. It's done.

I guess I finished the quest line for TDB and it's content minus the raid.

It's really easy to see how Destiny's approach to expansions soured some people honestly. I get that they work more like a small subscription then a full on expansion but the amount of new content is slim and the stuff that they do give you to do even if it's fun it would be given as free updates on other MMO's.

But my problems with Destiny's monetisation aren't nothing new. As content itself I had fun and I do enjoy the way they do quests. Even if it can be problematic if I wasn't a bit over-leveled for some of the stuff.

I guess next I'll do the story missions on HoW and see how that compares.

Also hopefully I'll finally do the vanilla raid this weekend! And then I'll be searching for a newbie raid for Crota too!

It's really easy to see how Destiny's approach to expansions soured some people honestly. I get that they work more like a small subscription then a full on expansion but the amount of new content is slim and the stuff that they do give you to do even if it's fun it would be given as free updates on other MMO's.

But my problems with Destiny's monetisation aren't nothing new. As content itself I had fun and I do enjoy the way they do quests. Even if it can be problematic if I wasn't a bit over-leveled for some of the stuff.

Also hopefully I'll finally do the vanilla raid this weekend! And then I'll be searching for a newbie raid for Crota too!

HoW story was a lot more fun.

I think you'll enjoy the House of Wolves missions more.

That urn grinding shit was just really unfun

kiguel182

HoW story was a lot more fun.

I heard they are better yes. Although I did not have a problem with the ones in TDB, I had fun for sure and I think they are a step in the right direction compared to the ones in vanilla.

I think it's all a matter of pricing and how the games is structured. But I also know that the raid was the big thing for a lot of people in this expansion when it arrived.

But I must imagine that for those that played it daily this dosage of content wasn't nearly enough.

I think you'll enjoy the House of Wolves missions more.

That urn grinding shit was just really unfun

I actually enjoyed that ahah. Mostly because it wasn't hard and also because it forced me to use new weapons that I usually don't use. In that regard it was interesting but it could've easily gone way too far.

But maybe I just hadn't played the game in so long that it felt fresh again.

EDIT: Also, my blue gaunlet has more defense and light than the one I got from those quests ahah

Not a dumb question at all! I honestly wish that more of my teammates would look into more strategy for this part than just rushing down the stairs at the enemy.
[SNIP]
Thanks for that, I will give it a shot next time I'm there. I only felt dumb because it's the only thing I consistently mess up. I think that, when I'm on the Mars side especially, I'm jumping too much, which probably is the reason why I get the aggro immediately.

Dunk#7

Trials - Warm Up Run

1. Dunk7

Didn't make it to Mercury last time this map came around. Hope to get there at some point this weekend, but need to hop in and warm up some.

I am now level 7 on Bone and ready for the Trials. Anyone requiring OP assistance you know
not
to call on me.

As an aside, my son is a level 34 Titan on Xbone and wants to get a Titan helmet from Trials. He's great at PvP (as in way way way better than me) but has limited friends on XBL. Any not so sweaty guardians on Bone that could use a G-rated very competent third let me know. He has a leveled Thorn, TLW, and queen's rocket launcher. Currently leveling his Dry Rot shotgun that has full auto, small bore and battle runner. (And he has speed reload gauntlets)

Trying to find the kiddo some friends.
(Should have just bought another ps4)

I might be down later this weekend. I could probably get unstable to give it a go with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom