• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait... What happens if you dismantle them?

Wait... What happens if you dismantle them?

Variks keeps it for you in exactly the same state, so your only way to actually rid the quest is to complete it. Again. And again. And again. I don't need more than one copy of these weapons.

Ciphers drops more often than Skolas weapons after the hotfix, the rarity of those exotics is gone or being excited to get one to be honest. The weapons drop table in other hand

I hear you. Judgment's Chance is the worst part of the loot in this DLC, but that's tied to the awful distribution of the "II" primaries. There are 12 permutations not counting the mostly awful Fallen perks, and yet they are more rare than the exotic bounties.

My only explanation for the drop rate is that someone in charge is hard of hearing. "We're thinking 60 percent." "K." *Sets drop rate at 16 percent.* (Note, I do not know the actual drop rate, but is less than 100% which is stupid).

Thanks for the run on the NF guys. Quick and easy. Finally got NLB. Only Exotic I'm missing now is Super Good Advice.

Also Shadow of Veils is crazy good for this weeks NF. I should have used it on my previous two runs. It does 19k on every single headshot/crit. Instant knock back on the boss with every shot as well.

FreeJovialDassie.gif

Midas

Thanks for the run on the NF guys. Quick and easy. Finally got NLB. Only Exotic I'm missing now is Super Good Advice.

Also Shadow of Veils is crazy good for this weeks NF. I should have used it on my previous two runs. It does 19k on every single headshot/crit. Instant knock back on the boss with every shot as well.

FreeJovialDassie.gif

Haha yeah it's amazing. I was shooting a few times at the tank and ran away and looked back and it was gone? :) Used it on on all my runs.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So what should I start doing to go from 31 -> 34? I can't upgrade my gear anymore, so I need to either find Exotic Shards or better gear, but not 100% sure where to do either of those things at the moment.

Ikkarus

So what should I start doing to go from 31 -> 34? I can't upgrade my gear anymore, so I need to either find Exotic Shards or better gear, but not 100% sure where to do either of those things at the moment.
You should do POE 32. That will give you an armour core which you can trade for one piece of POE armour which has the max light possible already. The only downside is you can only get one piece of armour per reset cycle.

GhaleonEB

So Phogoth's chest was there when I ran the strike from the map selection, but it was not there when I did it earlier today from the Vanguard Dragon strike playlist.

20/20

Now all I need is HM Crota, and 100 Crucible wins. The Triumphs page shows me at 12/100 for Crucible, despite the fact that I've only ever played two Crucible games (and won both). I hope that means it's not 100 literal wins. I might start those next month.

I'd be down for a full HM Crota if anyone is starting it up, or PoE 32 or 35.

Deku Tree

Variks keeps it for you in exactly the same state, so your only way to actually rid the quest is to complete it. Again. And again. And again. I don't need more than one copy of these weapons.

I hear you. Judgment's Chance is the worst part of the loot in this DLC, but that's tied to the awful distribution of the "II" primaries. There are 12 permutations not counting the mostly awful Fallen perks, and yet they are more rare than the exotic bounties.

My only explanation for the drop rate is that someone in charge is hard of hearing. "We're thinking 60 percent." "K." *Sets drop rate at 16 percent.* (Note, I do not know the actual drop rate, but is less than 100% which is stupid).

Oh I guess I'll just leave the cypher in my inventory until it completes naturally for a free exotic shard. Not a big deal only one bounty spot.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You should do POE 32. That will give you an armour core which you can trade for one piece of POE armour which has the max light possible already. The only downside is you can only get one piece of armour per reset cycle.

How badly gimped will I feel at 31 in 32 PoE?

Deku Tree

So Phogoth's chest was there when I ran the strike from the map selection, but it was not there when I did it earlier today from the Vanguard Dragon strike playlist.

20/20

Now all I need is HM Crota, and 100 Crucible wins. The Triumphs page shows me at 12/100 for Crucible, despite the fact that I've only ever played two Crucible games (and won both). I hope that means it's not 100 literal wins. I might start those next month.

The Crucible wins counts all the wins of each member of your fireteam I Believe... At least it used to be like that.... So in a 6v6 if you go in with a full fireteam you get credit for six wins for one. Makes the hundred wins much easier. Just play Iron Banner next time with GAF teams and you'll get it quickly.

20/20

Looking for a third for PoE 35. Join us!

PSN: DirtyAquaticApe

20/20

Each win is worth 6 toward your 100. Thankfully.

Fushin

Got another legendary engram drop during a patrol while I was farming for Vanguard rep. This time it was a helm I could actually use! It's a Dead Light Helm and I like it a lot so far. :)

Shingaling

Neo Member
I took a long break from Destiny a few weeks after the hard mode of Crotas End (the last OT i posted in was Sticking it Hard up Crotas End). I came back during the Iron Banner a week or so ago. After soloing the nightfalls I've done pretty much everything i can by myself and am ready to get back into raiding and possibly ToO, but after grinding out IB to get an Etheric Light that might be awhile.

I have a 32 warlock that i prefer to play but i have a 32 hunter as well.

Feel free to add me on PS4.
PSN: Butpuddin

Owensboro

20/20

If that full HM Crota starts let me know, I'm down for another on my Warlock.

oSoLucky

I haven't done normal CE since HM came out. How hard is DS to solo? I really want Flawless(since I stupidly quit before doing it in TDB), and I'll go for it myself if it's not too terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom