• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unstable

I'm starting a new character this week if you want to jam through some story missions/bounties
Sure, I've been carried to 20 twice by a few awesome people, so it'll be nice to return the favor. Quick piece of advice. As someone who has been though this very recently, try to grab a few Red Bull codes if you can, it'll make life so much easier.

Thing is awesome, and currently my most wanted weapon next to the ash factory.

My teammate was absolutely wrecking with it in trials last night.

What makes this weapon good? It isn't rerollable and the last perk won't affect PvP. Don't get me wrong though, I still want one. Hopefully next week.

I've been having this issue of items missing from the vendors lately and I figured out what caused it today.
kAIvyZ7.jpg

I had a hunch that maybe a full vault, character, inventory and postmaster caused the issue, so a stocked my vault and warlock character completely and went to the tower. The issue was back. Eris, above all other vendors, was missing most of her stock. I removed a bounty from my inventory, one item came back in her stock. I removed some more, more items came back. I moved my gear to a different character and more items came back.

Looks like this is caused by having too many items on one character and the vault, as well as having a fairly full postmaster. That does not vote well for more vault space in The Taken King. I hope Bungie manages to find a solution for this.

At least I can get my bounties and reforge weapons again.

PR is great for fast and accurate shooting, but it doesn't have enough impact to kill someone who just got revived. I prefer using something with more impact for trials, but I plan on getting the Amplified Geo from the vanguard to regular crucible. It's almost got the same base stats as PR, but I'll re-roll it with some sweet extra sniper perks.

I listened to the high impact hype, but when it comes down to it, I'm just not good enough to worry about sniping through revive shields. I've done it, and it feels great, but more often then not I get blind sided by someone flanking me while I'm ADS'ing on an orb waiting for the revive kill.

I leveled my PR to 365 and played a with it a bit in Control. Reminded me why I fell in love with it back in the day of sniping VoG hobgobblins. I can't wait to give it a spin in Trials.

Desperately grinding bounties and patrol missions in hope of getting the Thorn exotic bounty on Xbone. So I can actually kill people in PvP on this platform.

God help me what am I doing.

You can also grind dragon strikes for a HP, if you're tired of grinding...

I'm double grinding Hydra and Sidearm kills in the Black Garden with Greg's Promise. What is life....

Ready for Flawless CE whenever. Just send me an invite on PSN when we're going to start. I'm down to do as many runs as there are interested people.

The aim assist and shortgaze scope :)

Yup that would do it haha. Love the shortgaze. I have a near perfect roll on a her benevolence except it has ambush not shortgaze, and have since gotten a LGH with shortgaze and have had more success with it. Gotta love aim assist too with increased drag and a bigger crit hitbox.

That's the kinda stuff I'm talking about for why people should record and watch their own videos. People can post stuff here and ask pros to give advice, but that only goes so far. The pros won't be there in the heat of the moment to tell you what to do, and high level PvP comes down to decision making more than gun skill, perfect weapon perks or anything else.

Seriously, if you want to get better save your matches and watch them closely later. Not just matches where you do well, but also ones you scrub up to see what went wrong and what you could do better next time.

I'm bad enough that I can pinpoint enough issues with my gameplay in real time. I don't need to dig deeper yet. :)

I listened to the high impact hype, but when it comes down to it, I'm just not good enough to worry about sniping through revive shields. I've done it, and it feels great, but more often then not I get blind sided by someone flanking me while I'm ADS'ing on an orb waiting for the revive kill.

I leveled my PR to 365 and played a with it a bit in Control. Reminded me why I fell in love with it back in the day of sniping VoG hobgobblins. I can't wait to give it a spin in Trials.

I've been using PR up until very recently, but switching over to the higher impact snipers was worth it for me. So very often in trials you can only see the orb of the person that got killed and not the person doing the revive. The first revive timer is so short that you don't always have enough time to push in before he gets back up. It works for me, but I think they're but an equally viable option.

Homeboyd

Sure, I've been carried to 20 twice by a few awesome people, so it'll be nice to return the favor. Quick piece of advice. As someone who has been though this very recently, try to grab a few Red Bull codes if you can, it'll make life so much easier.
Oh I thought you meant you were starting a new character too. No worries. Yeah I've got a few codes ready.

Ditto. Leveling up a Titan from level 7. I'll be around.
Nice, I'll prob run a NF and maybe one last 32/34 poe on him and then shard.

Deciding between hunter and warlock though. Not sure what to make. (I have 3 titans right now and love it.. but it's time)

Farewell spare Warlock. You've been much help this past year. Moving onto Hunter now.

DiligentAbsoluteHornedviper.gif

tumblr_inline_nq57wu9xea1r7fr4g_500.gif

Anyone have a Red Bull code they could possibly spare?
3AQmK.gif
Back on that grind to level 20 again.

Or is anyone bored enough to help me speed pass these story missions.

Shito

I'm actually considering deleting my Hunter to make a second Warlock.

Hunter is no fun in PVE imo :(
Hunter is the most fun to me: precise jumps, invisibility, crazy reload times, throwing knives, an insanely hard hitting super, etc.
You made the right call sentient. :D

Especially compared to warlocks... Can't stand this shitty jump...

I'm actually considering deleting my Hunter to make a second Warlock.

Hunter is no fun in PVE imo :(
Hype from 100 to 0 real quick lol

I think it'll happen no matter what class you play as. Warlock was my first main and then I got a Titan. After that playing as a Warlock just got super boring super fast.

They're way too slow compared to Titans and Hunters look to be a blast overall. I'm just not a fan of not being able to move around quickly and the glide on Warlock and just garbage. Hunters are better suited for PVP of course but it's nice to have all 3 classes for the versatility.

Any help would be appreciated if anyone is bored enough to go through the story missions. Would like to be carried through the harder levels if possible since it rewards more experience.

Reposting for new page, based on the replies:

CE Normal Flawless, 7pm or 8pm EST

1) Drizzay
2) DrLawyerCop
3) Teasing_Pink (psn?)
4) rc213
5) igordennis
6) narmer

Alt) PedroLumpy

Just a reminder, I'm going to start sending invites in about 30 mins. If someone isn't on, we might be looking for replacements.

Also, I don't think I have igordennis or RC213 on my friends list or have their PSN. Send me a FR at Dr_LawyerCop.

Hey DestinyGAF!
I bought this game on launch and played it for about 9 hours before something else came up, but with recent sales on the season pass making it £25, and the game around £20, I was wondering if it's worth jumping back in? Like, what will I need to know about the game before jumping back in.

Farewell spare Warlock. You've been much help this past year. Moving onto Hunter now.

You're making the right choice. The hunter is pretty fun and definitely the best PvP class given the speed and way the supers work. They aren't great for PvE aside from stealth revives but I anticipate that the Nightstalker class will make them viable come September.

phen0m24

Desperately grinding bounties and patrol missions in hope of getting the Thorn exotic bounty on Xbone. So I can actually kill people in PvP on this platform.

God help me what am I doing.

If you ever want to team up and do patrols I'm down. So frustrating doing them solo

Shito

Hey DestinyGAF!
I bought this game on launch and played it for about 9 hours before something else came up, but with recent sales on the season pass making it £25, and the game around £20, I was wondering if it's worth jumping back in? Like, what will I need to know about the game before jumping back in.
Know that if you like the game we are the best community this side of the Internet. :)
Also the game improved a lot since its release: less grindy, more content, and more quality of life. Still not perfect but way better.

You're making the right choice. The hunter is pretty fun and definitely the best PvP class given the speed and way the supers work. They aren't great for PvE aside from stealth revives but I anticipate that the Nightstalker class will make them viable come September.
Depend on the content. Hunters are the best overall class for PoE in my opinion...

DiligentAbsoluteHornedviper.gif

tumblr_inline_nq57wu9xea1r7fr4g_500.gif

Anyone have a Red Bull code they could possibly spare?
3AQmK.gif
Back on that grind to level 20 again.

Or is anyone bored enough to help me speed pass these story missions.

That screen hurts me. But I know you transferred everything you want to the vault/other chars. You're making the right choice. Hunters are a ton of fun.

That screen hurts me. But I know you transferred everything you want to the vault/other chars. You're making the right choice. Hunters are a ton of fun.
Honestly I'm just grateful that I kept all the Exotics and Legendary Hunter crap that I got from Xur and engrams. I kept every single piece since I told myself in case I end up making a Hunter in the future I'll already have the gear for it. Probably the only reason why I'm willing to grind back to level 20 right now.

OkayRene

Just a reminder, I'm going to start sending invites in about 30 mins. If someone isn't on, we might be looking for replacements.

Also, I don't think I have igordennis or RC213 on my friends list or have their PSN. Send me a FR at Dr_LawyerCop.

If you get some no-shows, shoot me an invite. I just sent you a FR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom