• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ji66a-Man

So who's gonna be on for reset shenanigans?

Edit: Top of the page for Hunter master race.
8L87Hd0.gif

ocean

Banned
2 questions. When will be the weekly reset and what do you plan to do when it hits ?
Weekly reset is every Tuesday at 10:00 GMT. There's a few "reset groups" here who generally pass around raid checkpoints at reset for specific rewards. Usually Crota, Atheon, PoE, NF etc x3 characters. Marathonic sessions looking for the elusive Hammer or Horn, or maybe a goddamn class item (Deathsinger ffs cmon already).

Unstable

black hammer awaits...

for ji66a and I XD

After I got
(on Xbox)
Black Hammer
Ice Breaker
Patience and Time
Praedyth's Revenge
Found Verdict
Corrective Measure
Timebreaker
VoG helm
Crota helm, chest, and HM ship
Oversoul Edict
Gjallarhorn
The Ram

In the course of 12 hours.

I just can't bring myself to care anymore.

Is this the last stage? Acceptance?

T-0800

My son just tried to login to Destiny and it is telling him he needs PS Plus. He's never had it as my account has it which has always allowed him to play online with his account. He has over 300 hours logged in Destiny.

Pretty sure this has happened before and reseting the system normally fixed it. Happens rarely.

What could be causing this all of a sudden?

Weekly reset is every Tuesday at 10:00 GMT. There's a few "reset groups" here who generally pass around raid checkpoints at reset for specific rewards. Usually Crota, Atheon, PoE, NF etc x3 characters. Marathonic sessions looking for the elusive Hammer or Horn, or maybe a goddamn class item (Deathsinger ffs cmon already).

You need a crota class item? I'm totally stealing that from you today!

Yup that's exactly the attitude you need. Stop caring and it will drop :p

I can msg yzen if you want to ask him. I see he is on steam.

Join us clackasauraus!

adin75

After I got
(on Xbox)
Black Hammer
Ice Breaker
Patience and Time
Praedyth's Revenge
Found Verdict
Corrective Measure
Timebreaker
VoG helm
Oversoul Edict
Gjallarhorn
The Ram

If The Simpsons has taught me anything then yes, yes it is.

ocean

Banned
You need a crota class item? I'm totally stealing that from you today!
Only have the Warlock Class Item. Never dropped for Titan or Hinter on me. I stopped doing Crota ages ago but I've done 3x DS every week for a long, long time with no class item luck :(

Only have the Warlock Class Item. Never dropped for Titan or Hinter on me. I stopped doing Crota ages ago but I've done 3x DS every week for a long, long time with no class item luck :(

Hahaha I thought yo were bombastico, similar looking avatars and all...you can have your class items :p

They look terrible though, the titan towel is only decent one.

Been at 2/3 wins for the bounty. Can't believe how many I've played. Won the first two, lag free matches solo, guess Destiny was just being nice to me since I'd not logged in for a while. But no, lag was on its way. With a vengeance. And poor teams to boot. I thought we had the last one in the bag, but no. 4,000 pt lead blown in 3mins. GG.

ocean

Banned
Hahaha I thought yo were bombastico, similar looking avatars and all...you can have your class items :p

They look terrible though, the titan towel is only decent one.
Don't plan on using them. But I want to have all the raid everythings :p
Missing Foil and 2 CE Class Items. already have all the PoE weapons and Exotic except for Necro (don't wanna upgrade Eidolon).

Praetorian's Foil and Revenant are the true endgame elusive rewards.

Unstable

Been at 2/3 wins for the bounty. Can't believe how many I've played. Won the first two, lag free matches solo, guess Destiny was just being nice to me since I'd not logged in for a while. But no, lag was on its way. With a vengeance. And poor teams to boot. I thought we had the last one in the bag, but no. 4,000 pt lead blown in 3mins. GG.

Is this a indirect way of asking me to carry you?

ocean

Banned
Thanks irawr

Now, can anyone buddy up and help me burn through three nightfalls? Heard they were super easy.
Since time is almost up: if you can't find someone this week is fairly easy to solo. Grab an ice breaker and destroy everything from afar. I'd help out if I were home.

The only thing you have to be real careful with is the damn drop ship that drops the second wave of Cabal Lieutenant targets. It fires solar damage that can wipe you if you're not careful.

bitsurugi

Read this on reddit, think this guy nailed it (about PoE and HoW PVE endgame):

For our DLC end-game PvE content we are going to give only you and two teammates the chance to play a whopping total of four extremely small maps with the same bosses/boss mold you have been fighting since release; all in an effort to get a couple shitty weapons and inferior rewards to old raids and current end-game PvP.

Did I get that right or miss anything?

ocean

Banned
Forgot to post this last night, so frustrating. Top of the score board and my team reached 20k points. We still lost. Randoms whyyyy

pX8axuH.jpg

mcz117chief

He is joking :p but actually being lvl 28 will prevent you from entry into some of the activities :/

Well could work just depending what you guys do first and if you are lucky enough to get the armor drop.

Well then, maybe next time. But if somebody decides to do Vault of Glass let me know.

ocean

Banned
He is joking :p but actually being lvl 28 will prevent you from entry into some of the activities :/

Well could work just depending what you guys do first and if you are lucky enough to get the armor drop.
I joined the reset crew once and forgot I was leveling up some gear turning in bounties. My 32 Titan was actually a level 30 throughout our Heroic CE run because I forgot to change back to the leveled gear :p
I didn't even notice until Crota was dead. That was the run that got me a Gjallarhorn. I added zero DPS (thought the game was lagging when I couldn't kill acolytes easily) but managed not to die and left with my first Horn :)

Low level raiders = best raiders.

Well then, maybe next time. But if somebody decides to do Vault of Glass let me know.

Do you have any or both of the DLC?

I joined the reset crew once and forgot I was leveling up some gear turning in bounties. My 32 Titan was actually a level 30 throughout our Heroic CE run because I forgot to change back to the leveled gear :p
I didn't even notice until Crota was dead. That was the run that got me a Gjallarhorn. I added zero DPS (thought the game was lagging when I couldn't kill acolytes easily) but managed not to die and left with my first Horn :)

Cheers I remember hearing about that :p but still dont think he can even start CE hard mode or the nightfall with a level 28 :/

Nuszka

Mornin gaf, quick question.
Ok so i redeemed the red bull code, schould have i waited until the 15th of septenber as it only shows one of the bonuses in my redemption list, not the quest.

Out 1

Shit, I remember that! Even called you out - and thought that you had switched back to 32 gear. Every Gjallarhorn needs a good origin story.

Mine dropped on normal Crota without me noticing it

After I got
(on Xbox)
Black Hammer
Ice Breaker
Patience and Time
Praedyth's Revenge
Found Verdict
Corrective Measure
Timebreaker
VoG helm
Oversoul Edict
Gjallarhorn
The Ram

I'm hoping my entrance into the Xbox realm brings me half of that luck. It won't, but can still hope. I believe im in the denial phase. Maybe moving towards anger...

ocean

Banned
Shit, I remember that! Even called you out - and thought that you had switched back to 32 gear. Every Gjallarhorn needs a good origin story.

Mine dropped on normal Crota without me noticing it
Lol I heard someone go "uhhh why is there a level 29 in the party?" And thinking wow someone's getting careless wearing the wrong gear. Never even occurred to me that I was the one :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom