• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digital owners of Destiny are having issues logging in, so restore licenses and re-login.

You should totally do that and use the money for your traveling around the world :p
You're an honorary member of SoM :p

Thanks, i'm looking forward to finalizing plans for august :)

Got Eye of Sol from the package, hype! (I know it's not the best, but it looks rad as hell) Thanks for the runs guys, we powered thru to 8 wins awesomely.

Eye of Sol is a pretty good sniper.

Mindlog

Be in orbit before the event starts(10AMPDT), then go to the Tower a couple of minutes after Saladins doors open up. .

Nah, that was just a rumour. Someone figured out that rep doesn't reset until the event itself starts, which used to coincide with the server reset, so people assumed that IB rep would reset at the server reset time like before, but that isn't the case.
Cool. Will try to be remote in or get a friend to buy some light on my Hunter. Don't feel like playing my Hunter this IB. Happy I have a bunch of beads, banners, and silken codices in my Vault for exactly this situation.

yeah, I know, that's why I'm hyped. glad it has snapshot. still that reddit chart puts it in tier 2 (which doesn't mean that much). though one question: does it shoot through revive shield?

No, the impact is way too low. I think it does 250 headshot and 100 body shot.
Totally love it for normal crucible though, it is my go-to sniper there.

GhaleonEB

People seem to be...not that friendly at gamefaqs.

Some things never change.

So. I was bored and didn't want to go to bed, so I ran the level 26 weekly on my daughter's level 27 Warlock. Um. Holy crap. 20 minutes at the tank. About 30 minutes at the boss, including four wipes. Taniks wasn't the problem, the freaking reaver captains spawning in and chasing all three of us in circles was the problem. It was harder than most Nightfalls I've run. Not quite having the right gear + tons of yellow bar mobs meant it played like a totally different strike. It was brutal.

Trace

Banned
Some things never change.

So. I was bored and didn't want to go to bed, so I ran the level 26 weekly on my daughter's level 27 Warlock. Um. Holy crap. 20 minutes at the tank. About 30 minutes at the boss, including four wipes. Taniks wasn't the problem, the freaking reaver captains spawning in and chasing all three of us in circles was the problem. It was harder than most Nightfalls I've run. Not quite having the right gear + tons of yellow bar mobs meant it played like a totally different strike. It was brutal.

Destiny is brutal if you're not equipped properly. I remember trying Phogoth nightfall back when in Vanilla the second week, that wizard room destroyed us at level 27.

Kyne

Iron Banner starts at 10am PTD? So... 10 and a half hours from now?

edit:
also these are the unofficial official rules,

RULES NOT FINAL UNTIL JULY 1ST

Banned Armor
The Ram (Warlock Exotic Helmet)
Banned Class Perks
Viking Funeral (Warlock Sunsinger Perk)
Quick Draw (Hunter Bladedancer Perk)
Backstab (Hunter Bladedancer Perk)

Banned Weapons
You may use The Last Word, although you may not have the aggressive ballistics perk on the gun.
You may use Thorn, although you may not have the Send It perk on the gun.
Shotguns with any of the perks: Shot Package, RangeFinder, Luck in the Chamber
High Impact Snipers which lead to a full health body-shot-kill when using the perk: Last Round
Pocket Infinity

Competitive Ruleset
Heavy ammo is not to be used or picked up ever
You are not allowed to run off the map and suicide purposely
You are not allowed to revive any player who has suicided

Read more: http://adamantdestiny.clanwebsite.com/page/competitive#ixzz3eWbijMZ0

Digital owners of Destiny are having issues logging in, so restore licenses and re-login.

Thanks, i'm looking forward to finalizing plans for august :)

Eye of Sol is a pretty good sniper.

Ugh i own physical and i cant play anything HoW related i restored licenses anything else that fixes this?

MechDX

Got my Hunter from level 16 to 20 tonight. After I hit 20 went to the reef and used an armor core to buy the chest piece. equipped a bunch of stored legendary and exotic gear. 10 seconds later I was 28. lol

Ran PoE 28 and got a Universal Remote.:/

Iron Banner starts at 10am PTD? So... 10 and a half hours from now?

edit:
also these are the unofficial official rules,

Those rules look shitty imo.
Got my Hunter from level 16 to 20 tonight. After I hit 20 went to the reef and used an armor core to buy the chest piece. equipped a bunch of stored legendary and exotic gear. 10 seconds later I was 28. lol

Ran PoE 28 and got a Universal Remote.:/

Universal remote is awesome! Run double shotguns in PvE content and melt faces :D

Well seems im restoring licenses and it finishes but its not really restoring them as my driveclub demo is still locked.This is bs i really needed to do some trials or finish my poe on my second.

ocean

Banned
Kinda surprised Pocket Infinity is still seen as an issue by the competitive community. Taking up the exotic slot with an ammo-limited weapon like that puts players in a tricky spot. Not being able to use Thorn/TLW so they can blast someone coming from a corner? I dunno.

Now vanilla, pre nerf Pocket Infinity was some crazy broken stuff though :p

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5kEXoBbuINc

Really good day yesterday. Managed to get 9-0 x2. Even got my warlock to the lighthouse! Felt like every other game was 5-4. Highlight was against a team of three really good final rounders (oxymoron?) tied 4-4 and it seems one of their players controller died. Loved this map. Trials is keeping this game alive for me.

Redeemed my Red Bull code that was provided by a very generous Gaffer. On my account it only shows the Focussed Light as redeemed and no mention of the quest redemption. That the same for everyone?

Ugh i own physical and i cant play anything HoW related i restored licenses anything else that fixes this?

Ruthless Barbarian with the clutch info. Thanks to you I may be able to max out my Hopscotch Pilgrim for tomorrow.

Well seems im restoring licenses and it finishes but its not really restoring them as my driveclub demo is still locked.This is bs i really needed to do some trials or finish my poe on my second.

Best way is to restore licenses, log out and reboot ps4, log in and should work. If not, try restoring licenses again.

Maybe bungie is trying to fix the IB reset exploit, or maybe it's just psn being psn..

ocean

Banned
Look at this nice video showing all the bullshit you can survive with The Ram:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OA1EUrzGyKI

3 Thorn body shots
2 Thorn head shots
4 The Last Word body shots (ADS)
Sticky flux grenade
2 Praedyth's shots to the body
Titan shoulder charge
Viking Funeral Firebolt + a TLW body shot
Arc bolt + a body shot

Damn.

Redeemed my Red Bull code that was provided by a very generous Gaffer. On my account it only shows the Focussed Light as redeemed and no mention of the quest redemption. That the same for everyone?

The quest isn't available until september.

wait, iron banner is coming back today?

So this is what it's like posting in the middle of the night before reset.

Yeah it will be up in about 10 hours.

Look at this nice video showing all the bullshit you can survive with The Ram:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OA1EUrzGyKI

3 Thorn body shots
2 Thorn head shots
4 The Last Word body shots (ADS)
Sticky flux grenade
2 Praedyth's shots to the body
Titan shoulder charge
Viking Funeral Firebolt + a TLW body shot
Arc bolt + a body shot

Damn.

Also a headshot from a high impact sniper if the sunsinger pops radiance. Happened on Nghtly's stream earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom