• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end I bought both expansions with the season pass. I was like "You just spent 180€ in shoes. what's 35 more?"

I can't wait to begin with them. Not sure if The Dark Below is worth it (nobody ever talks about Crota's end and I still have VoG pending), but at least I won't be locked of anything anymore.

Good timing at least. With reset there will be ppl looking to run VoG and CE over the next few days before ToO comes back.

Deku Tree

Spare change has more range than Hopscotch Pilgrim. You can increase the stability using one of the perks available. Personally I like the "braced frame" where you can increase stability by sacrificing mag size.

The extra range on spare change is basically useless in PvP on the standard (non "combined arms" maps). The kick on Spare Change is very bad compared to the other two.

FinKL

Will the IB glitch still work? First time being 5 before the reset. And is it really as simple as:
Login 5 minutes before IB reset 10am PST
Wait until a few minutes after reset
Try to enter tower (it won't let you)
Switch armor around
Enter tower?

PuMa

I'm wondering: Whats the current consensus for the best PvE and best PvP pulse rifle?

I would say Red Death or an Adept Messenger for PVE. Red Death, Hopscotch or Messenger for PVP. All viable.

Edit: Also Three Little Words with a good roll isn't bad for PVP.

Daemul

Banned Class Perks
Viking Funeral (Warlock Sunsinger Perk)

rejoice.png

Bout damn time

Frenden

Banned
I would say Red Death or an Adept Messenger for PVE. Red Death, Hopscotch or Messenger for PVP. All viable.

I have a TDB vendor Three Little Words and it still melts, yup.

I've been lugging around a Red Death for a long time and never bothered upgrading it. Wish I had:(

Thanks for your reply! Time to put in bountie work before IB starts:)

Anyone want to run a NF? Can't talk too much because of throat soreness and have been sleeping for most of the day. But it is time to do something :p

PSN: EJRobinson90

just wasted $5 on red bulls I will never drink. no regrets.

How many red bulls is that?

Here in Brazil that would get me... 1 and a half red bulls I think. :/

You can make a voidwalker build that works amazingly well with Bad Juju on PVP. Like 5 Nova Bombs per control game minimum.

Impala26

What's a good roll then?
Mine has Third Eye and Rangefinder.

I can practically snipe across maps like Shores and Widow's Court, but I feel like I'm often JUST losing out on pulse rifle duels at mid or closer ranges--mostly due to slightly slower ROF I think.

PuMa

What's a good roll then?
Mine has Third Eye and Rangefinder.

I can practically snipe across maps like Shores and Widow's Court, but I feel like I'm often JUST losing out on pulse rifle duels at mid or closer ranges--mostly due to slightly slower ROF I think.

Rangefinder is what I have on mine and I love the buff it gives. Definitely perfect for the more open maps. I like to use Field Scout for the added mag size, but a stability perk would also be good.

Impala26

Rangefinder is what I have on mine and I love the buff it gives. Definitely perfect for the more open maps. I like to use Field Scout for the added mag size, but a stability perk would also be good.

Also have field scout on mine as well.
Though I find something like single point sling better in Crucible where having 42 rounds isn't so much a priority like in PvE.

All in all I've found my Three Little Words to be pretty good, but not fantastic in both Crucible and PvE. I still feel like pulse rifles with higher ROF have a slight advantage in Crucible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom