• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just stay back and protect A Koji. Its ok, we still love you!
Should stick to upgrading my shotguns then:D Would be nice to get the Readers together for Iron Banner next week! I know Broon and Seep really want to atleast.

On a side note: Should I bother upgrading Invective or am I better of getting Etheric light for Found Verdict?

ocean

Banned
I'm wondering: Whats the current consensus for the best PvE and best PvP pulse rifle?
Red Deeath and Bad Juju are both pretty solid options with different use scenarios. Talking Legendaries:

Adept Messenger has the advantage of an element. Otherwise for either PvE or PvP you'll want it to be high impact and have good perks. The high impact PRs are:
The Messenger
Hopscotch Pilgrim
Spare Change
And legacy stuff like:
3 Little Word
Fair and Square (don't even remember this one)
Super Pox VLO

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah, that one is not good.
So long wait... for nothing.

Please Bungie.

One of the best guns in PVP, imo. More and more players are using it. It's a good weapon against HCs after the buff. A nice alt for former AR users.
I was questioning about the new IB PR... it is the only missing in my collection.

But I disagree with your comment... if you are being outclassed by a PR in PVP then you are doing something wrong... HC still kills faster and are better even a long-range... you can say PR are easy to use and that I agree.

If I do the Iron banner exploit, does the rank stay for the rest of the week or does it disapear once I leave the tower? I may need to glimmer farm :(

noomi

Guys.... I've leveled the no land beyond completely... wtf am I doing?

The only exotic I have remaining to level is the monte carlo now, everything else is done...

Red Deeath and Bad Juju are both pretty solid options with different use scenarios. Talking Legendaries:

Adept Messenger has the advantage of an element. Otherwise for either PvE or PvP you'll want it to be high impact and have good perks. The high impact PRs are:
The Messenger
Hopscotch Pilgrim
Spare Change
And legacy stuff like:
3 Little Word
Fair and Square (don't even remember this one)
Super Pox VLO
So many great replies! I only have juju and RD. Looking for a shortterm solution for upcoming IB. Probably going to go Red Death with Found Verdict and Chain of Orbiksfell (i love that MG for some reason).

Trakan

Kinda surprised Pocket Infinity is still seen as an issue by the competitive community. Taking up the exotic slot with an ammo-limited weapon like that puts players in a tricky spot. Not being able to use Thorn/TLW so they can blast someone coming from a corner? I dunno.

Now vanilla, pre nerf Pocket Infinity was some crazy broken stuff though :p

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5kEXoBbuINc

Post patch it's still broken.

IncomparableGrandCanine.gif

Guys.... I've leveled the no land beyond completely... wtf am I doing?

The only exotic I have remaining to level is the monte carlo now, everything else is done...

Hey for fun I'd love to use NLB in Trials but I want mine leveled up first hahaha. I still have a few to level up like Hard Light, Monte Carlo, Plan C and SGA. Hard to touch those guns. They hold a special place in the top of my vault.

I saw the devils lose when messing around using NLB though so I would only use it when I feel super comfortable with the win at hand
which is hardly ever lately, but hey!

nOoblet16

So long wait... for nothing.

Please Bungie.

I was questioning about the new IB PR... it is the only missing in my collection.

But I disagree with your comment... if you are being outclassed by a PR in PVP then you are doing something wrong... HC still kills faster and are better even a long-range... you can say PR are easy to use and that I agree.
Pulse rifle like the Messenger and that other new one can do well against HC at mid to long range. Nothing wrong if you get killed by them.

Pulse Rifles do better against snipers as they do not give a chance for the sniper to recover and kill in two bursts. Handcanons need 2-4 shots to kill a sniper at long range (it's not always headshots you need to remember that) and there is ebough time in between two shots (even when the enemy is using TLW) to allow the sniper reticule to reset back so that the sniper can take a shot.

With the pulse rifle due to the fact that it's a burst of three bullets it prevents a sniper reticule from going anywhere close to the body of the target. On an average it's harder to snipe a pulse rifle user than HC user.

ocean

Banned
Hey for fun I'd love to use NLB in Trials but I want mine leveled up too hahaha. I still have a few to level up like Hard Light, Monte Carlo, Plan C and SGA. Hard to touch those guns. They hold a special place in the top of my vault.
You can show SGA some love during Atheon. Maybe not the best gun but it's fun to use since it's got virtually infinite ammo against Oracles and Detain Shields (they register as "miss" and return to mag).

LiK

Hopscotch Pilgrim with Hand-Laid stock and Headseeker is a laser. Near maxed stability, 30 round clip, faster ADS/better handling than Messenger.

I was messing with sights and this seems like a shitty game, but I still ended up with 34 kills barely trying. Easily competitive with HCs:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2w0edp_destiny-hopscotch-pilgrim_videogames

-----

Thanks for the Nightfall, Ne0ism!

Looking to do two more before Iron Bananaer time.

Where does it drop? I need to try this gun out.

So can anyone answer this question regarding PVP server speeds and why this happens?

Sometimes when I play PVP I notice that the speed on my character is much faster than the previous PVP match I had. everything goes faster. Why is that?

I hate it when I get a slow motion map

You can show SGA some love during Atheon. Maybe not the best gun but it's fun to use since it's got virtually infinite ammo against Oracles and Detain Shields (they register as "miss" and return to mag).

Oh wow I didn't know that, interesting. Thanks, I'll definitely take that and the Found Verdict for a spin in VoG sometime :D

I miss VoG raids. I remember Assassin's Discussion LFG thread when I was first leveling up my alts prior to TDB and once they were old enough to raid, running VoG with them was so fun!

nOoblet16

So can anyone answer this question regarding PVP server speeds and why this happens?
Movement speed being extremely slow ? It's very very rare and you need to be in an extremely laggy server I believe. I've never encoh termed it.

But if you are just talking about slightly faster movement speed then it's probably just due to other factors such as agility, maybe the map makes it look faster/slower...etc etc.

ethomaz

Banned
Pulse rifle like the Messenger and that other new one can do well against HC at mid to long range. Nothing wrong if you get killed by them.

Pulse Rifles do better against snipers as they do not give a chance for the sniper to recover and kill in two bursts. Handcanons need 2-4 shots to kill a sniper at long range (it's not always headshots you need to remember that) and there is ebough time in between two shots (even when the enemy is using TLW) to allow the sniper reticule to reset back so that the sniper can take a shot.

With the pulse rifle due to the fact that it's a burst of three bullets it prevents a sniper reticule from going anywhere close to the body of the target. On an average it's harder to snipe a pulse rifle user than HC user.
That is why I said you are doing something wrong :D

Snipers will one shot kill you no matter you are using HC or PR... if he is hinting your body instead head then he is not a good sniper.

I played against a sniper last week in Trials that my team goes crazy because the fucking guy didn't miss any headshot.... he was crazy good.

And Thorn/Hawkmoon get easy headshot from long range... more than PR.

Again If you lose in a one-to-one to a PR using a HC you are doing something wrong... in my case I lose mostly due lag :( but I loose even to AR due lag :( :( :( that is the sad truth about living far way from the servers and have high ping.

ocean

Banned
Oh wow I didn't know that, interesting. Thanks, I'll definitely take that and the Found Verdict for a spin in VoG sometime :D

I miss VoG raids. I remember Assassin's Discussion LFG thread when I was first leveling up my alts prior to TDB and once they were old enough to raid, running VoG with them was so fun!
You're gonna want to pair SGA with Black Hammet for Atheon. SGA for Oracles and Detain shields, your primary for Supplicants and Black Hammet for Atheon. It's my favorite way to VoG :)

LiK

Snipers will one shot kill you no matter you are using HC or PR... if he is hinting your body instead head then he is not a good sniper.

I played against a sniper last week in Trials that my team goes crazy because the fucking guy didn't miss any headshot.... he was crazy good.

Again If you lose in a one-to-one to a PR using a HC you are doing something wrong.

It just depends if you're playing well or not, lag etc. Of course a good Thorn/Hawkmoon will always destroy but PRs are now something to be feared by HC users in PVP at least. The double burst can easily rack up headshots as well as any Thorn. If there was a PR with something like DoT, it would be a monster.

Movement speed being extremely slow ? It's very very rare and you need to be in an extremely laggy server I believe. I've never encoh termed it.

But if you are just talking about slightly faster movement speed then it's probably just due to other factors such as agility, maybe the map makes it look faster/slower...etc etc.

no I am talking about server being slow. I always use the same setup for my character, maxed out agility. noticed it a few times this weekend. it rarely happens but sometimes it does and I was wondering why it happens. This weekend was laggy as hell.

And yet here we are, 25 OTs in. :p
Yup. This is how it is, since I wasn't interested in the game at all until it my work friends eroded me in early December and I bought it from Amazon for $30. But I also know how to take breaks.

Got my first Fatebringer this past Saturday, on my second hard templar ever.
I can tell you many, many air was fist pumped that day and that evening... :)

Still have to get myself a Word and a Crux, though...

Yup. Took me quite a number of tries before I finally got my Fatebringer, as well. That, MIDA and Vex were my wants for a long time and I was more happy than I should be when they finally dropped for me. At this point The Fourth Horseman is really the only pre-HoW Exotic I'm missing, once I put my Crux into my nearly leveled Eidolon's Ally.

nOoblet16

Again If you lose in a one-to-one to a PR using a HC you are doing something wrong.
That's not how it works really.

Snipers aim for the head but we don't wait until we are sure we are hitting the head...in a direct confrontation when the enemy is aware that you are sniping him you have to take any shot you can get. If you aim and find your reticule to be on the enemy's body you take the shot and maybe drage the reticule slightly towards the head to exploit the auto aim.

Also if you aim at a place and see that the enemy is to the left or the right of reticule (which is what happens in majority of encounters) ..what do you do? you try to reposition...but if you are getting hit while doing that then you will flinch during that time...this is where against a handcanon you will have a very easy time to hit as you can simply wait until the reticule is back to the normal position and take the shot (even if it's a body shot). Against a pulse rifle this is simply not possible because you get no chance to reset your reticule.

If the enemy has a pulse rifle and is aware that I am sniping him then I simply will not engage with a sniper...but I would if the enemy has a hand canon because it's easier.

You are doing nothing wrong if you lose one on one against a hand can on at mid to long range, there is a reason The Messenger is considered a top tier weapon and the best legendary primary available by far for PvP.

You're gonna want to pair SGA with Black Hammet for Atheon. SGA for Oracles and Detain shields, your primary for Supplicants and Black Hammet for Atheon. It's my favorite way to VoG :)

Ahh yes, I've tried Atheon with BH when I first got it. A lot of fun indeed. I should join a raid soon. I miss all the shenanigans.

westtrade

Neo Member
A question for the Pulse Rifle experts. I have upgraded my Super Pox VLO to 365, Should I grind dragon strikes for the Hopscotch Pilgrim?

I have heard that the Pilgrim is good, but I want to make sure it is much better than the VLO before I invest alot of time looking for one.

dB Viper

Messenger and the 55allFATE (from Vanguard Vendor) absolutely wreck. I rolled my all fate to have:

Red Dot
Feeding Frenzy
Hand-laid Stock
Headseeker

thing is a monster. I swap back and forth between that and the messenger when I'm bored with TLW all the time

LiK

That's not how it works really.

Snipers aim for the head but we don't wait until we are sure we are hitting the head...in a direct confrontation when the enemy is aware that you are sniping him you have to take any shot you can get. If you aim and find your reticule to be on the enemy's body you take the shot and maybe stage the reticule slightly towards the head to exploit the auto aim.

Also if you aim at a place and see that the enemy is to the left or the right of reticule..what do you do? you try to reposition...but if you are getting hit while doing that then you will flinch during that time...this is where against a handcanon you will have a very easy time to hit as you can simply wait until the reticule is back to the normal position and take the shot (even if it's a body shot). Against a pulse rifle this is simply not possible because you get no chance to reset your reticule.

If the enemy has a pulse rifle and is aware that I am sniping him then I simply will not engage with a sniper...but I would if the enemy has a hand canon because it's easier.

Yea, my Messenger stood toe to toe with snipers in Trials in that Thieves map. Sometimes we would even KO each other at the same time. PRs can help against snipers. The burst is fun to shoot towards them while evading. Good snipers will always have an edge tho.

Wait so how do you do the IB glitch? Thought it was as easy as staying in orbit until a little after 10PST but it seems you have to do more?

Does anyone have Normal Gatekeeper or Gorgons??? Please don't make me go farm the Exclusion Zone. I'd rather get a team and start a fresh raid than farm EZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom