• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

noomi

This is totally true, but the DNS settings post a few posts up has helped me a bit in the past.

Yup! I have mine set to google dns 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 :)

Also MTU can also help, but I forget the exact number, 1476?

*edit*

Hello TOP :)

cGIkv2E.jpg

It's still absolutely terrible for me. Nothing helped to improve it. Putting the PS4 is rest mode may make your downloads a little bit faster.

Settings the DNS to Google's DNS or open DNS seemed to work for some people.

This might not work better for some people.

If you're really concerned about your DNS, run this tool: https://code.google.com/p/namebench/

And then change to whichever is the fastest. In most cases, default ISP DNS are usually the fastest. I'm wary about setting my DNS to Google, but that's just me.

I won't be home at IB reset. I don't care about etheric light and I didn't have enough glimmer to buy some gear last time and I still don't this time so I could care less about the gear or etheric light since I have no room for them or glimmer. Bungie please.

25k is too damn small and IB stuff costs too damn much.

LiK

It's been very refreshing to see pulse rifles on crucibe.

Can't tell you how many times I got killed by the Messenger and the Pilgrim this past Trials. Loving it.

I've had Messenger vs Messenger action and it's always unpredictable who wins.

I need to max out my Bad Juju for my Warlock and Red Death for my Titan. Messenger stays with my Hunter. A nice alt to HCs, imo

How does Invective stack up against Felwinter/Party Crasher/Matador?

Excellently. The fire rate of Invective is obnoxious. Plus having the ammo regen is top tier for my playstyle. Invective actually has really good range when going up against those other shotties. I have a party crasher and a matador but I find myself going back to Invective every time.

ocean

Banned
Don't like the fact that Pulse Rifles kill in 2 bursts. TTK should be in line with Hand Cannons and Scout Rifles - even the highest impact, slowest firing ones need 3 crits.

TTK creep to catch up with Thorn/TLW bullshittiness is so bad. Kills should slow down, not get quicker :(

Excellently. The fire rate of Invective is obnoxious. Plus having the ammo regen is top tier for my playstyle. Invective actually has really good range when going up against those other shotties. I have a party crasher and a matador but I find myself going back to Invective every time.

Trials i run Matador, but for Iron Banner I run invective as well. As you said, amazing fire rate and decent damage/range. Plus, it's just awesome to not have to worry about ammo.

Haybro

It's been very refreshing to see pulse rifles on crucibe.

Can't tell you how many times I got killed by the Messenger and the Pilgrim this past Trials. Loving it.

I've been seeing more people talk about the hopscotch pilgrim lately. That's the POE pulse rifle right? Has variks sold it yet?

LiK

Don't like the fact that Pulse Rifles kill in 2 bursts. TTK should be in line with Hand Cannons and Scout Rifles - even the highest impact, slowest firing ones need 3 crits.

TTK creep to catch up with Thorn/TLW bullshittiness is so bad. Kills should slow down, not get quicker :(

That's what we get when Bungie nerfs ARs and buffs everything else that has much higher impact.

Trials i run Matador, but for Iron Banner I run invective as well. As you said, amazing fire rate and decent damage/range. Plus, it's just awesome to not have to worry about ammo.

The ammo regen is unbeatable. Plus there's nothing like a good floaty jump outside a door and then dropping on someone with 4 shots in less than 2 seconds haha. Death. From. Above.

I've been seeing more people talk about the hopscotch pilgrim lately. That's the POE pulse rifle right? Has variks sold it yet?

Random Vanguard strike drop I think.

PuMa

Meh, slowing down kills and we start to get into Halo territory, which is not my cup o' tea. I think we've got a good balance somewhere in between COD and Halo right now.

ocean

Banned
That's what we get when Bungie nerfs ARs and buffs everything else that has much higher impact.
It's crazy. I'd love for TTK across all weapon types to be in the range of where Auto Rifles are now. After months of people complaining about the Thorn double tap being bullshit, they buffed an entire goddamn class to 2 headshot kills. It's insane. A high impact pulse can kill way faster than any legendary of any other class. Whether you're using high impact or low impact hand cannons, scout rifles or auto rifles, a high impact pulse will *always* win.

We had a 3 exotic HC issue. Now it's a whole damn class. Oh well, if it ain't one thing it's the other.

GhaleonEB

Nightfall #1: No Land Beyond --> shard

Nightfall #2: Special weapon engram --> fusion rifle --> mote

Hoping NF #3 delivers something of value. :\

Dishy

Unconfirmed Member
If anyone has a spare Redbull code, I would gladly take one ;P

I live in Europe so no chance of getting one :(

ocean

Banned
Meh, slowing down kills and we start to get into Halo territory, which is not my cup o' tea. I think we've got a good balance somewhere in between COD and Halo right now.
I don't mean all the way down to Halo levels. Grab a legendary HC. 3 headshots. A high impact scout: 3 headshots. That's the TTK sweet spot. Hell, Hawmoon requires 3 shots half the time.

2-shotting with a primary changes the flow of the game too much for an entire weapon class to have that capability. I understand TLW from the hip because it's so range limited and hard to aim, but your Messenger/Hopscotch, down sights, at range, killing in 2 shots is as bad as Thorn - or worse since you don't even have to wait on DoT.

Got a question regarding PVP and server speeds.

Sometimes when I play PVP I notice that the speed on my character is much faster than the previous PVP match I had. everything goes faster. Why is that?

I hate it when I get a slow motion map, I prefer playing when the speeds are faster.

Deku Tree

It's crazy. I'd love for TTK across all weapon types to be in the range of where Auto Rifles are now. After months of people complaining about the Thorn double tap being bullshit, they buffed an entire goddamn class to 2 headshot kills. It's insane. A high impact pulse can kill way faster than any legendary of any other class. Whether you're using high impact or low impact hand cannons, scout rifles or auto rifles, a high impact pulse will *always* win.

We had a 3 exotic HC issue. Now it's a whole damn class. Oh well, if it ain't one thing it's the other.

It's really only three high (30) impact pulse rifles though at are currently obtainable in game:

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/weapons/primary/pulse?tier=8

And when you account that spare change sucks in stability then it's only two pulse rifles. One you get by being really good at ToO. The other requires grinding Dragon strikes and being really good at RNG.

And the two shots from a low RoF pulse are slower than the HCs.

GutZ31

This might not work better for some people.

If you're really concerned about your DNS, run this tool: https://code.google.com/p/namebench/

And then change to whichever is the fastest. In most cases, default ISP DNS are usually the fastest. I'm wary about setting my DNS to Google, but that's just me.
Awesome to see another way to find a good DNS.
I personally have used DNS Jumper, and find it very easy to use.

As to you being wary of using DNS's other than your ISP, it is a smart call to be careful of what you use.
I have little problem using googles DNS because they already have access to large portions of my data, not that I like it, but my ISP does the same thing.
So it's up to how much trust you are willing to grant to a DNS holder.

Possible things to worry about with DNS that you have no clue about is the ability to steal information being sent and received from the device you have set with it.
This is pretty extreme, and would still need all the data decrypted, but it is possible, and should be in the back of your mind when making your decision.

http://www.sordum.org/7952/dns-jumper-v2-0/
dns_jumper_main_gui.png

In the end I bought both expansions with the season pass. I was like "You just spent 180€ in shoes. what's 35 more?"

I can't wait to begin with them. Not sure if The Dark Below is worth it (nobody ever talks about Crota's end and I still have VoG pending), but at least I won't be locked of anything anymore.

gunawi

It's really only three high (30) impact pulse rifles though at are currently obtainable in game:

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/weapons/primary/pulse?tier=8

And when you account that spare change sucks in stability then it's only two pulse rifles. One you get by being really good at ToO. The other requires grinding Dragon strikes and being really good at RNG.

And the two shots from a low RoF pulse are slower than the HCs.

Spare change has more range than Hopscotch Pilgrim. You can increase the stability using one of the perks available. Personally I like the "braced frame" where you can increase stability by sacrificing mag size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom