• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Posted this last night, but I wanted to post it again. I'm not trying to show good skill or anything, I clearly don't have that (I forgot I was a titan and trying to throw knives for a minute, I was drunk). But it's what makes PvP special in Destiny. We were down 13000-17000, just getting stomped by this team, when there was one pivotal moment that changed everything. One super by me took out 4 of them, generated 6 orbs, captured the main point, secured Heavy Ammo, and gave our team time to get entrenched. Immediately after the super two hunters came in, got the orbs, and proceeded to generate more orbs, continuing the chain. Strength of the Wolf popped, we effectively killed their entire team twice without dying. Within a 2 minute time span I had 3 supers, amounting to 8 kills and 10 orbs. We went on to win 20000-19700 in those 2 minutes. I've started to really appreciate Crucible in House of Wolves because of Trials of Osiris and I didn't know what I was missing. It makes all the Final Rounds, Thorns, and Sniper Shotguns bearable because they've made classes and teamwork so integral to the game that they can single handed-ly overcome any cheese methods.

This happens all of the time, I can't think of any other games where there are points in a match you can look at and say "We were getting crushed, but that was it, that's when we rallied together and completely shocked our opponent." It's happened to me and fireteams before where we were up 5000 and all the sudden lost thinking "What the hell happened?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKRAs_cplsI

Lnkn52

Does anyone have Normal Gatekeeper or Gorgons??? Please don't make me go farm the Exclusion Zone. I'd rather get a team and start a fresh raid than farm EZ.

Do you have shards? If so, go and convert them to glimmer. Did so this morning, can't grind on remote play.

Deku Tree

Wait so how do you do the IB glitch? Thought it was as easy as staying in orbit until a little after 10PST but it seems you have to do more?

stay in orbit before 10 until a bit after ten. then try to load the tower. If you are loading a post IB tower then it will give you an error message. change one piece of armor to some other probably blue piece of armor (no idea why this works). then it will let you load the post IB tower. then buy IB stuff.

or find someone who is in a post IB tower instance and join their fire team.

if you do anything like log out or log back in after 10am pst then it will reset your IB rank and you can't do it.

(I have never done it, this is just what people say works.)

Posted this last night, but I wanted to post it again. I'm not trying to show good skill or anything, I clearly don't have that (I forgot I was a titan and trying to throw knives for a minute, I was drunk). But it's what makes PvP special in Destiny. We were down 13000-17000, just getting stomped by this team, when there was one pivotal moment that changed everything. One super by me took out 4 of them, generated 6 orbs, captured the main point, secured Heavy Ammo, and gave our team time to get entrenched. Immediately after the super two hunters came in, got the orbs, and proceeded to generate more orbs, continuing the chain. Strength of the Wolf popped, we effectively killed their entire team twice without dying. Within a 2 minute time span I had 3 supers, amounting to 8 kills and 10 orbs. We went on to win 20000-19700 in those 2 minutes. I've started to really appreciate Crucible in House of Wolves because of Trials of Osiris and I didn't know what I was missing.

This happens all of the time, I can't think of any other games where there are points in a match you can look at and say "We were getting crushed, but that was it, that's when we rallied together and completely shocked our opponent." It's happened to me and fireteams before where we were up 5000 and all the sudden lost thinking "What the hell happened?"

Bloody brilliant, man.

ethomaz

Banned
That's not how it works really.

Snipers aim for the head but we don't wait until we are sure we are hitting the head...in a direct confrontation when the enemy is aware that you are sniping him you have to take any shot you can get. If you aim and find your reticule to be on the enemy's body you take the shot and maybe drage the reticule slightly towards the head to exploit the auto aim.

Also if you aim at a place and see that the enemy is to the left or the right of reticule (which is what happens in majority of encounters) ..what do you do? you try to reposition...but if you are getting hit while doing that then you will flinch during that time...this is where against a handcanon you will have a very easy time to hit as you can simply wait until the reticule is back to the normal position and take the shot (even if it's a body shot). Against a pulse rifle this is simply not possible because you get no chance to reset your reticule.

If the enemy has a pulse rifle and is aware that I am sniping him then I simply will not engage with a sniper...but I would if the enemy has a hand canon because it's easier.

You are doing nothing wrong if you lose one on one against a hand can on at mid to long range, there is a reason The Messenger is considered a top tier weapon and the best legendary primary available by far for PvP.
What you described is the reason why not everybody is a good sniper...

A good sniper won't give you time to shot with PR or HC... he will headshot you in fractions of seconds.

For Destny:

If you are being outclassed at long range with a sniper then you are doing something wrong.
If you are being outclassed at any range with a HC (excluding sniper at long range) then you are doing something wrong.

PS. Lag makes you be outclassed... so in this case you are doing nothing wrong but my example are in the same condition/connection.

noomi

Posted this last night, but I wanted to post it again. I'm not trying to show good skill or anything, I clearly don't have that (I forgot I was a titan and trying to throw knives for a minute, I was drunk). But it's what makes PvP special in Destiny. We were down 13000-17000, just getting stomped by this team, when there was one pivotal moment that changed everything. One super by me took out 4 of them, generated 6 orbs, captured the main point, secured Heavy Ammo, and gave our team time to get entrenched. Immediately after the super two hunters came in, got the orbs, and proceeded to generate more orbs, continuing the chain. Strength of the Wolf popped, we effectively killed their entire team twice without dying. Within a 2 minute time span I had 3 supers, amounting to 8 kills and 10 orbs. We went on to win 20000-19700 in those 2 minutes. I've started to really appreciate Crucible in House of Wolves because of Trials of Osiris and I didn't know what I was missing. It makes all the Final Rounds, Thorns, and Sniper Shotguns bearable because they've made classes and teamwork so integral to the game that they can single handed-ly overcome any cheese methods.

That was fucking ace man, it's moments like that that make crucible so enjoyable and heart pounding. Well done :)

I plan on making a compilation of some of my plays, hope to have something today/tomrrow.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i still really like my 55A-Allfate. I guess I can't really identify why. I've even done alright with it in Trials though. It has great action, and I prefer it to Spare Change .25 at least
Kinda surprised Pocket Infinity is still seen as an issue by the competitive community. Taking up the exotic slot with an ammo-limited weapon like that puts players in a tricky spot. Not being able to use Thorn/TLW so they can blast someone coming from a corner? I dunno.

Now vanilla, pre nerf Pocket Infinity was some crazy broken stuff though :p

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5kEXoBbuINc
you have to play to the special ammo boxes more than any other weapon but it's not like that's something you can't do. Once you have >10 shots stored you can switch to it and go on a tear. It's still magnificent

It does still bug out every once in a while and require you to switch weapons and thus lose all your ammo though :'(

Lnkn52

Huh, I only thought you could get Motes. Didn't notice the glimmer option.

Ascendant Shard
Cost:
50 Glimmer
1 Ascendant Energy

Ascendant Energy
Cost:
50 Glimmer
1 Ascendant Shard

Radiant Shard
Cost:
50 Glimmer
1 Radiant Energy

Radiant Energy
Cost:
50 Glimmer
1 Radiant Shard

Mote of Light
Cost:
2 Ascendant Shards
Or
2 Radiant Shards

Glimmer (250)
Cost:
1 Ascendant Shard
Or
1 Radiant Shard

LiK

Ascendant Shard
Cost:
50 Glimmer
1 Ascendant Energy

Ascendant Energy
Cost:
50 Glimmer
1 Ascendant Shard

Radiant Shard
Cost:
50 Glimmer
1 Radiant Energy

Radiant Energy
Cost:
50 Glimmer
1 Radiant Shard

Mote of Light
Cost:
2 Ascendant Shards
Or
2 Radiant Shards

Glimmer (250)
Cost:
1 Ascendant Shard
Or
1 Radiant Shard

Rad, something to do when I need Glimmer

Trakan

A question for the Pulse Rifle experts. I have upgraded my Super Pox VLO to 365, Should I grind dragon strikes for the Hopscotch Pilgrim?

I have heard that the Pilgrim is good, but I want to make sure it is much better than the VLO before I invest alot of time looking for one.

Pilgrim has bigger clip, better aim assist, and better equip speed. It's also re-rollable.

neoism

salvage again.....

tumblr_m6r4i9HPvo1qc7xmyo1_400.gif

Good timing at least. With reset there will be ppl looking to run VoG and CE over the next few days before ToO comes back.

Oh, wait. Are we talking about the rewards resetting? I thought you could keep doing the weekly all the week and stocking on strange coins.
Also need to gather info about what "reroll". I can't believe I bought the game exactly one month ago and I still don't understand half of the things.

Played PvP (Clash) for the first time yesterday. Pretty cool, although it was hard to sleep after it with the adrenaline still flowing. A bit complicated to know who is who without color coded teams and having to look at the name tag or the aura, though (last time I played something online was Team Fortress 2).

Is Unstable or M3 online? I'll farm some with ya, Grim. And whoever else wants to farm.

Yea Lik, you can convert energy to shards, and 1 shard to 250 glimmer! Either radiant or ass. It's awesome

phen0m24

Looks around for the Panda

Where is Fig a da Panda

Last night her Internet booted her out of a game right before I got a multi kill
which probably still pegged me under .500

Namikaze1

I'll get on in an hour or so. Didn't play last IB so I won't be doing the IB reset thing. Already have a Jolder's Hammer so I'll just be looking to get the armor for my Titan.

Warning: Redeem your Red Bull codes now. People are exploiting a glitch to redeem tons of codes. Someone figured out that the code is only a variation of 7, 4, and 3 and they're spamming the codes. Eventually, you get IP banned, but I don't think they'll take away the rewards.

PuMa

Warning: Redeem your Red Bull codes now. People are exploiting a glitch to redeem tons of codes. Someone figured out that the code is only a variation of 7, 4, and 3 and they're spamming the codes. Eventually, you get IP banned, but I don't think they'll take away the rewards.

Woooow

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is there a newbie guide? Barely played the game more thna an hour but would like to get into it

Some people...

wish I didnt spend all my shards rolling for nighthawk and ram, didnt even get the ram :(

now I need some glim glam for IB. I guess I'll just grind to rank 4 x3 then spend the weekend grinding out glimmer.

how much does E.light cost? also whats the secondary weopon on sale? no interest in the Pulse rifle

thats alot of work for a 10% exp buff for 30 minutes, sheesh

Is there a newbie guide? Barely played the game more thna an hour but would like to get into it

Welcome! On the first page of each OT, there's a General Information section and a Tips & Tricks section as well. Then when you reach Level 20, there are guides/tips for Level 20 - 34. Any questions you have during your progress, feel free to ask!

LiK

Redeemed my code form noomi. No issues, thanks for the heads up and thanks to noomi for his generosity.

Oh, wait. Are we talking about the rewards resetting? I thought you could keep doing the weekly all the week and stocking on strange coins.
Also need to gather info about what "reroll". I can't believe I bought the game exactly one month ago and I still don't understand half of the things.

Yeah you can only collect rewards for raid and weeklies once per week. You can Reroll the perks on HoW and Iron Banner weapons through the gunsmith in the tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom