• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunawi

The extra range on spare change is basically useless in PvP on the standard (non "combined arms" maps). The kick on Spare Change is very bad compared to the other two.
The kick without the stability upgrade is bad. It make your shots swayed to the left. With the stability upgrade it is actually great with no noticeable kick. I have one with the same perks as the messenger and I couldn't tell the difference when using it.

Impala26

LOL, I JUST found out about the Urn Mission exploit for potentially infinite XP.

My Warlock will be holding that for quite a while now methinks.

At least until it's patched anyway.

noomi

LOL, I JUST found out about the Urn Mission exploit for potentially infinite XP.

Isn't it kind of a pain going through that whole mission though, I thought it takes a long time to finish? Maybe I'm not understanding correctly....

Still 28. The game kindly tells me that I still don't have what it takes to go in there. Two pieces of legendary armor left... And I want to hope I will see some new enemies instead of re textures of existing ones with the expansions.

Actually, I'd say is faster to farm marks with events if you use an app to know when events are going to happen. Unless I am really bored I won't gather more than 25 daily between events and strikes.

If you'd like, I can run you through the first 2 parts of Crota's End. You'd just be spectating really but might get some armor drops.

Haybro

Wait, do you have a link?

My titan still has the urn mission available.

Frenden

Banned
Outlaw, Braced Frame, Headseeker

Best Pulse Rifle in the game. Hopscotch Pilgrim.

ONE OF US, ONE OF US.

I had an Outlaw, Braced, Reactive Reload roll (currently rerolling it) and a 365 Spray and Play, Hand-Laid, and Headseeker.

Ideal roll for me would be similar to the Messenger. Third Eye or Outlaw, Braced or Hand-Laid, Headseeker. You have a good'n!

Which of the long distance scopes is that?

I find the LD scopes surprisingly viable depending on the Crucible map.

Anyone have GK checkpoint?? T - 1 hour until IB and Grim and I would like to get some glimmer beforehand!

Normal or Hard, really. Preferably Normal but either one will work atm.

Were you able to get the GK cp by chance? I'll be around if you do. Haven't seen stabie or rocket online.

I have not!!!

LiK

Can't blame him when 99% of Destiny PVPers use God Cannons and Shotguns.

Shows he or she hasn't been playing a lot of PVP lately. Almost every match I've been in has been full of PRs. Xur selling Red Death and Trials selling Messenger recently really upped the amount of PR users.

Grinchy

Banned
Did the nightfall on 2 characters. Got a legendary engram and then a geo-d6 sniper that drops every 2 minutes from PvP. I can't contain my excitement.

PuMa

Kindurgardiun here (Lvl 29 punch bro).

So Question, if I could say get myself up to level 30 today (shouldn't be too hard, just need to get another 1500 Vanguard Rep or 60 crucible marks to get a helm/arm would I be at all competitive in IB? I'm a pretty mediocre Crucible player to start with, running a One/One Synthesie (mid damage/ROF high stability scout) and Murmber.

Those weapons will probably hold you back more than your level, honestly. Try to jump in with a GAF IB train, and hang on for the ride! You could get lucky with some rewards too.

If you'd like, I can run you through the first 2 parts of Crota's End. You'd just be spectating really but might get some armor drops.

Nah, thanks but don't worry. I don't have a lot of time unless it is a weekend, and TBH, a nasty storm is coming with the heat wave and I might have to log out and switch off everything. For now I want to do a few story missions and call it a day.

I have not!!!

I'll be in the exclusion Zone unless something changes.

Nah, thanks but don't worry. I don't have a lot of time unless it is a weekend, and TBH, a nasty storm is coming with the heat wave and I might have to log out and switch off everything. For now I want to do a few story missions and call it a day.

Alrighty then. Lmk if you change your mind later in the week. The first 2 parts of CE don't take long at all.

Kyoufu

Shows he or she hasn't been playing a lot of PVP lately. Almost every match I've been in has been full of PRs. Xur selling Red Death and Trials selling Messenger recently really upped the amount of PR users.

We must play different games, Lik :p

Impala26

Isn't it kind of a pain going through that whole mission though, I thought it takes a long time to finish? Maybe I'm not understanding correctly....

Wait, do you have a link?

My titan still has the urn mission available.

umm pls explain.. what mission is that?

AS SEEN HERE

9300 XP with Nightfall buff
Approximately 5-10 minute mission if you speed through it solo.

Not sure if it gives XP to other fireteam members without the urn quest bounty card.

You can do it with any mission that requires a bounty. If you have fist of Croata still, I believe that's the shortest mission. I think it works for HoW story too

Basically you start a story mission with a bounty on heroic (fOR 7500 XP) and once you enter the mission delete the bounty. Once you finish the mission it'll be available again once you get the bounty from eris/Petra

It doesn't work if you've already turned in the bounty for the story mission though

SO, how is Skolas this week? Anyone try PoE 35 yet? I'm hoping without Lightswitch that it is much more do-able.

According to Bungie.net, the modifiers are Brawler and Juggler, is that correct?

ocean

Banned
Why isn't there a Skolas sparrow? Or a Skolas-specific exotic weapon?

Atheon and Crota keep making fun of him at the endgame boss club.

Namikaze1

Why isn't there a Skolas sparrow? Or a Skolas-specific exotic weapon?

Atheon and Crota keep making fun of him at the endgame boss club.
I think you got that wrong. If anything, Atheon and Skolas are laughing at Crota.

Lord of Wolves and Queensbreaker Bow is a million times better than Necrochasm.

And the fight mechanics too.

YoungHav

Banned
Ok wtf is going on with Crucible map rotation? I play mostly Control and since May 21st have played roughly 130 Crucible matches.. and never encountered Bastion, First Light, Blind Watch, Firebase Delphi, Skyshock. What gives?

You can get them from PoE 34 though.

He does not: you can get them without ever stepping foot into a PoE 35.
And that's my intention! :)

Sure you can, but it's basically his.

If anything Skolas should be making fun of Crota, because I'm sure a lot more people are using that god awful PoE Primary elementals than they are using Nechro.

Ok wtf is going on with Crucible map rotation? I play mostly Control and since May 21st have played roughly 130 Crucible matches.. and never encountered Bastion, First Light, Blind Watch, Firebase Delphi, Skyshock. What gives?

Bastion, First Light, and Skyshock are only in the Combined arms playlist. They are large vehicle maps.

Blind Watch and Firebase Delphi were not well accepted maps so Bungie turned down their frequency. They still show up though.

Impala26

These maps only appear in the Combined Arms (Control with vehicles enabled) playlist.

As for the others... *shrug*

ethomaz

Banned
You must be playing another game :D

Every time I open the trials load out of my rivals I see: Thorn, Thorn, Hawkmonn or TLW... casually I see Vex, Red Death and Messenger and it is when I know we won't have trouble in the match (focus first on this guy).

PS. Not just me... watching the Unstable and Nghty streams shows the same.

Those weapons will probably hold you back more than your level, honestly. Try to jump in with a GAF IB train, and hang on for the ride! You could get lucky with some rewards too.

Thanks!

Gaf is mostly PS4 right? I'm a 360 Peon till I can save up some cash (Or Bungievision gets a PC version running).

zewone

is that a rare???
smh bungle.. red death is great if your a great shot.. so it sucks for me... but yeah if that is a rare thats just sad.

It's a new legendary drop from Vanguard Dragon or PoE 28.

We heard you the first three times ;)
Let's talk about the Gjallarhorn instead.

Which of the long distance scopes is that?

I find the LD scopes surprisingly viable depending on the Crucible map.
Focus Lens FLA5.

One of my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom