• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT25| The Taken Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuMa

thats alot of work for a 10% exp buff for 30 minutes, sheesh

50% I think, but still...

Edit: Oh, crap. What do I do up here?

Gaahhh
MDv2dgLyqos92.gif

So what is the best looking Iron Banner chest piece, now that they are new? I'm a little partial to the Hunter, but I can't tell with the shitty 3d rendering on the destinydb site.

Is there a newbie guide? Barely played the game more thna an hour but would like to get into it

There is an excellent noobie guide in the OP. Althuoght its primarily for levels 20+, becuase thats where you need it.

get to 20 by doing all the story missions
dont be like me and dismantle the strangers rifle at the end

do all the bounties and run crucible to get to 20 asap. then follow the guide. let us know if you need help with that :)

D. Dark

Why is Iron Banner worth ranking up this time? Besides the 2 etheric light you can buy unless the pulse rifle is messenger tier I wont bother pursuing rank 5 this time assuming it will be sold at rank 5.

PuMa

Why is Iron Banner worth ranking up this time? Besides the 2 etheric light you can buy unless the pulse rifle is messenger tier I wont bother pursuing rank 5 this time assuming it will be sold at rank 5.

Some people like to collect all the gear. That's pretty much it.

noomi

Warning: Redeem your Red Bull codes now. People are exploiting a glitch to redeem tons of codes. Someone figured out that the code is only a variation of 7, 4, and 3 and they're spamming the codes. Eventually, you get IP banned, but I don't think they'll take away the rewards.

Oh shit, really? I was saving mine for when we get closer, but yeah I'll activate mine as soon as I get home....

Redeemed my code form noomi. No issues, thanks for the heads up and thanks to noomi for his generosity.

:)

Warning: Redeem your Red Bull codes now. People are exploiting a glitch to redeem tons of codes. Someone figured out that the code is only a variation of 7, 4, and 3 and they're spamming the codes. Eventually, you get IP banned, but I don't think they'll take away the rewards.

Red Bull caught on very quickly and fixed the exploit.

GutZ31

The Souls influence is a huge issue with it. Should've just stuck to lore and not use that influence for the game mechanics.
Souls games are less cryptic than Destiny. The lore is scattered, but at least it's not locked behind 3 paywalls of DLC just to find out half the story.

Forgot to post this but I learned within the last week that they have new Faction class items! They didn't do that for TDW right? Really want them but need glimmer+space.

LiK

Souls games are less cryptic than Destiny. The lore is scattered, but at least it's not locked behind 3 paywalls of DLC just to find out half the story.

Indeed, Miyazaki knew what he was doing. Bungie are just tryhards with it.

Forgot to post this but I learned within the last week that they have new Faction class items! They didn't do that for TDW right? Really want them but need glimmer+space.

Were you able to get the GK cp by chance? I'll be around if you do. Haven't seen stabie or rocket online.

Yeah you can only collect rewards for raid and weeklies once per week. You can Reroll the perks on HoW and Iron Banner weapons through the gunsmith in the tower.

Interesting. I have only seen normal blue weapons that are just about opening the slots and then changing the configuration, so this catches me by surprise.

Well, time to do a few story missions from The Dark Below and then go back to farming marks. I was not expecting that obtaining crucible marks would be far more enjoyable than having to hunt for public events.

Interesting. I have only seen normal blue weapons that are just about opening the slots and then changing the configuration, so this catches me by surprise.

Well, time to do a few story missions from The Dark Below and then go back to farming marks. I was not expecting that obtaining crucible marks would be far more enjoyable than having to hunt for public events.

Is your character high enough to run NightFall? If you need a hand I'm sure ppl will be willing to help. You can add me on PSN - grimlock33.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm using my Arc Messenger in Crucible with my Hunter.

It is not bad in any way but It is really not that good in my opinion :(

Edit - Yes, I maxed it ;)

PuMa

Public event hunting is probably the slowest way to get vanguard marks. Do the Daily or Weekly activities instead. Or even a vanguard strike playlist.

lt519

That was fucking ace man, it's moments like that that make crucible so enjoyable and heart pounding. Well done :)

I plan on making a compilation of some of my plays, hope to have something today/tomrrow.

I was thinking about doing the same thing. I have a lot of triple/quadruple (stupid Warlocks) kills in ToO and some other moments in IB where I went on super barrages. I think I had something similar with a Bladedancer where I had 8 kills with 3 supers in a span of 2 minutes again.

I didn't know you could change the colour of your hud and radar.....

Mind blown.

Still, nice video. :) Once you gain momentum from a great super and the orbs start to rain you know you're in for a good time.

Haha yeah, I have some color blindness where I can't tell blues/purples and yellows/greens apart. Sometimes red/green if they are close enough. So in Destiny I can't tell the difference between purple and blue engrams/shields so I changed the color scheme. The green looks like poop but I can at least tell the difference between blue and purple now. I loved that hotfix.

Nuszka

Outlaw, Braced Frame, Headseeker

Best Pulse Rifle in the game. Hopscotch Pilgrim.

Don't use them that much anymore but remember in vanilla a first ever legendary weapon was a vanguard pulse rifle as random drop from a patrol. I used it so much... It was my baby.

Is your character high enough to run NightFall? If you need a hand I'm sure ppl will be willing to help. You can add me on PSN - grimlock33.

Still 28. The game kindly tells me that I still don't have what it takes to go in there. Two pieces of legendary armor left... And I want to hope I will see some new enemies instead of re textures of existing ones with the expansions.

Actually, I'd say is faster to farm marks with events if you use an app to know when events are going to happen. Unless I am really bored I won't gather more than 25 daily between events and strikes.

I do IB because it's the most fun I have in a Destiny activity. I could honestly careless about that the extra rewards.

Kindurgardiun here (Lvl 29 punch bro).

So Question, if I could say get myself up to level 30 today (shouldn't be too hard, just need to get another 1500 Vanguard Rep or 60 crucible marks to get a helm/arm would I be at all competitive in IB? I'm a pretty mediocre Crucible player to start with, running a One/One Synthesie (mid damage/ROF high stability scout) and Murmber.

LiK

Can you tell me if in the redemption history you got the special mission as well, all i am getting is the xp boost.

Yea, no mission in the history. Instructions say to activate later when it's active. I guess we need to do that at release date. I'm sure Bungie will remind us about it.

I do IB because it's the most fun I have in a Destiny activity. I could honestly careless about that the extra rewards.

Same, I don't care about the rewards at all. I play IB for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom