• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

This fucking game... I wanted to get The Last Word and Due gets it. Due wanted to get Etheric Light and I get it. We're both staring at the NF rewards screen frustrated...

Finally, some interest in Skolas. I'll be running it two more times after this and might have spots. First timers wouldn't be an issue. If you want to add me in advance, PSN is Reignofsparrows.

Trace

Banned
I want Hopscotch Pilgrim, so I'm on my 10th Dragon Strike or so. Screen pops up, Hopscotch Pilgrim. But no, it went to another guy who was bottom of the scoreboard, and he gets a legendary engram on top of that. Ugh this game.

And to top it off, this is his second Hopscotch Pilgrim.

Svartnatt

Hey DGAF, looking for advice on sniper pvp perks. Rerolled one of my 3 Her Benevolence rifles last night, and pretty sure I got a damn good roll. Just wanted to see what any sniper pros' experiences are with the following:

Longview SLR10 vs Ambush SLH25 (yes, I know I'm missing Shortgaze)

It also rolled Hidden Hand, Injection Mold and Unflinching.

According to the Reddit sniper rifle reforge guide, the Longview has a zoom of 5x and Ambush has 4.5x, while Longview gets a whopping +30 Aim Assist and Ambush gets a -10 penalty to AA.

Does Injection Mold offset the stability gains Ambush would have given me? In the absence of Shortgaze, I'm thinking I should run Longview over Ambush, due to the massive AA advantage. Does the .5x difference in zoom make a huge difference?

Thanks in advance, sniper pros!

Cetra

Finally got a Matador 64 to drop for me in Crucible this morning. What should I look for as far as rerolls?

Is it possible to save an audio message received from another player?

By save do you mean export them somehow off the PS4? Because the audio message will stay saved on your PS4 as long as you don't delete it, same as a normal text message. If you want to transfer it somehow I'm not sure how to do that. I'd try pressing the Options and the Share button while highlighting the message to see if anything pops up.

A_Gorilla

Banned
By save do you mean export them somehow off the PS4? Because the audio message will stay saved on your PS4 as long as you don't delete it, same as a normal text message. If you want to transfer it somehow I'm not sure how to do that. I'd try pressing the Options and the Share button while highlighting the message to see if anything pops up.

Hey driz me and Drubbed need one more for Skolas again...

Finally got a Matador 64 to drop for me in Crucible this morning. What should I look for as far as rerolls?

Aggressive Ballistics barrel, Shot Package as the first perk, either Rifled or Reinforced Barrel in the middle column, and the last perk can be Final Round, Luck in the Chamber or (my favorite) Kneepads.

Shot Package is absolutely required. Other perks are more negotiable but honestly I would really push for at least the first three. If the final perk is something goofy you can use it until another Matador drops then roll that one until it's perfect.

^Hammer Forged doesn't roll on Matadors btw but otherwise that's spot on.

Hey driz me and Drubbed need one more for Skolas again...

Sure I can hop on.

GhaleonEB

Lol. Is that just muscle memory at this point?

Hah, kind of. It was a running joke with HaloGAF (RIP) back when we played Reach; often when something bad happened like that someone would say that line. I still think it when I see stuff like awful Nightfall rewards. :lol

That new Grunt design makes me sad. :(

So, what's Skolas this week? No Lightswitch I hope?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you have problems accessing Twitch or certain sites via flash, do not enable it. The exploits are leaving certain peoples with hacked twitters, etc. Disable flash on any site you come upon that requires it including Twitch.

Lnkn52

If you have problems accessing Twitch or certain sites via flash, do not enable it. The exploits are leaving certain peoples with hacked twitters, etc. Disable flash on any site you come upon that requires it including Twitch.

TY. It's a prompt command no? Or does Flash automatically runs based on your surfing history?

Cetra

Aggressive Ballistics barrel, Shot Package as the first perk, either Rifled or Reinforced Barrel in the middle column, and the last perk can be Final Round, Luck in the Chamber or (my favorite) Kneepads.

Shot Package is absolutely required. Other perks are more negotiable but honestly I would really push for at least the first three. If the final perk is something goofy you can use it until another Matador drops then roll that one until it's perfect.

^Hammer Forged doesn't roll on Matadors btw but otherwise that's spot on.

Sure I can hop on.

Shot Package
Rifled Barrel / Reinforced Barrel
Aggressive Ballistics
Kneepads / Luck in the Chamber / Army of One / Final Round

Thanks for the tips! I'll be crossing my fingers for some good rolls when I get home tonight. :D

OkayRene

Yes! If you want to run Twitch use the mobile client if you have that option.

Shito

So, here's the thought that kept me motivated during the Skolas fight earlier:

mjQyRrQ.jpg

This is how hungry a full day of Destiny reset left me!
Bon appétit DGAF!

Owensboro

I'm starting to solo the NF (which might not go well). Going to do it 3 times! Feel free to join if you need to complete it! PSN: OwensboroEsq

Looking for NF group.
PSN: Mammont

Edit: Oh man, I'm a proper GAF member now.

Congrats on being a full member! Join my NF!

Mindlog

AP rounds. How I missed thee.
The inconsistency is maddening. How hard would it be for Bungie to just come out and say; "Hey this is how AP works now. Fuck off."
Tested a lot last night and here what I realized:

1) Maxed stability and headseeker don't work great together.
That's because you want your pulse rifle to move up a bit on every burst so you can get 2 body shots and 1 head shot. With maxed stability the sight basically does not move.
So if you go with max stability you might wanna pick hidden hand instead of headseeker.

2) You want distance. What makes ppl pissed about the pilgrim is how hard it hits from all the way across a map. Hand-Laid Stock kills your range that is already lower than the messenger's. At that point you might as well use a hand cannon.

So HLS is a bad choice imo. You want either braced frame (max stability, 24 in the mag instead of 30) or smallbore (improved range and stability [not maxed], slower reload and 24 in the mag as well).

In the end, I believe Hidden hand goes great with braced frame.
While Headseeker does better with smallbore.

I settled with Red Dot/Sureshot, Hip Fire, Smallbore, Headseeker.

Need to test it today tho to see how effective it is.
These are the numbers I can find for HP Crucible.
Hops crits for 38 and body for 26
38x3= 114, or
26 + 41 +41= 108, or
26+26+41 = 9

That's a very narrow window for HS to really be a huge benefit. Would probably prefer that max stability/range laser beam build.

rc213

I'll be looking to do NF x3 around 3pm pst hopefully traffic doesn't suck. Add me if you looking for a group. Psn same as here

Also if any School Of Hawk/Dgaf clan members will be on around that time, Looking for 2 to do the Clan Strike for final trophy to ascend to Guardian Lord status.

Top Bottom