• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Svartnatt

Second try at this, last one got buried, hoping for top of page replies...

Hey DGAF, looking for advice on sniper pvp perks. Rerolled one of my 3 Her Benevolence rifles last night, and pretty sure I got a damn good roll. Just wanted to see what any sniper pros' experiences are with the following:

Longview SLR10 vs Ambush SLH25 (yes, I know I'm missing Shortgaze)

It also rolled Hidden Hand, Injection Mold and Unflinching.

According to the Reddit sniper rifle reforge guide, the Longview has a zoom of 5x and Ambush has 4.5x, while Longview gets a whopping +30 Aim Assist and Ambush gets a -10 penalty to AA.

Does Injection Mold offset the stability gains Ambush would have given me? In the absence of Shortgaze, I'm thinking I should run Longview over Ambush, due to the massive AA advantage. Does the .5x difference in zoom make a huge difference?

Thanks in advance, sniper pros!

nOoblet16

Uh no, you don't run Longview just because you don't have shortgaze. Ambush is just as good of a scope as Shortgaze.

Injection mold gives you stability + handling so your ADS speed improves, that's the perk you should be picking in the middle. Unflinching and Hidden hand are alright.

Svartnatt

Uh no, you don't run Longview just because you don't have shortgaze. Ambush is just as good of a scope as Shortgaze.

Injection mold gives you stability + handling so your ADS speed improves, that's the perk you should be picking in the middle. Unflinching and Hidden hand are alright.

Cool, I guess I'm just worried about Ambush's AA penalty, or does Hidden Hand offset that?

noomi

I did one strike.... one.... Hopscotch Pilgrim.

Fuck yes...

I'm done, that's everything. Solar Jewel, Ash Factory, Shadow of Veils, Hopscotch all in 3 days....

Time to start playing other games

ocean

Banned
Second try at this, last one got buried, hoping for top of page replies...

Hey DGAF, looking for advice on sniper pvp perks. Rerolled one of my 3 Her Benevolence rifles last night, and pretty sure I got a damn good roll. Just wanted to see what any sniper pros' experiences are with the following:

Longview SLR10 vs Ambush SLH25 (yes, I know I'm missing Shortgaze)

It also rolled Hidden Hand, Injection Mold and Unflinching.

According to the Reddit sniper rifle reforge guide, the Longview has a zoom of 5x and Ambush has 4.5x, while Longview gets a whopping +30 Aim Assist and Ambush gets a -10 penalty to AA.

Does Injection Mold offset the stability gains Ambush would have given me? In the absence of Shortgaze, I'm thinking I should run Longview over Ambush, due to the massive AA advantage. Does the .5x difference in zoom make a huge difference?

Thanks in advance, sniper pros!
I know this sounds like a bad response but you really have to play with them.

I only use Ambush. Others swear by Shortgaze. Some others don't have a strong preference. Other people like higher zooms with better AA.

I don't feel Hidden Hand and Unflinching do anything at all. Other people need it on their roll.

Play around with different perks! If you're new at PvP Aim Assistance for landing headshots and stability for follow up shots when you miss should be your priority.

Her Benevolence is fairly high AA. It's not like Praedyth's or Black Hammer in that regard, so Hidden Hand would be a marginal upgrade at best. Since Shortgaze actually reduces stability, try to pair it up with Perfect Balance or Hand Laid Stock.

For perks I'm in the ammo camp. Double Down, Performance Bonus et al are quantifiable and easy to see. Fantastic perks I love them. I also love Snapshot for quick ADS but perhaps you're best suited with a stability boost in that row.

In short, you'll have to test it out yourself to see what you feel comfortable with.

M3Rocket

Also what is the meaning of the "like a hat" title?

It's in reference to Luke Smith's comment in an interview. This GIF:
bmkJIBB.gif

Ophelion

It's in reference to Luke Smith's comment in an interview.

His bits of that vidoc were tied for my favorite along with the animator who was making his own sound effects when describing how incredible playing as the new sub-classes will be. Their enthusiasm is infectious.

Namikaze1

Fuck yes...

I'm done, that's everything. Solar Jewel, Ash Factory, Shadow of Veils, Hopscotch all in 3 days....

Not everything. Not yet.

*insert pic of Solar Six Dreg Pride II*

Have you forgotten your hunt for it? :p

nOoblet16

I only use Ambush. Others swear by Shortgaze. Some others don't have a strong preference. Other people like higher zooms with better AA.

I don't feel Hidden Hand and Unflinching do anything at all. Other people need it on their roll.

Play around with different perks! If you're new at PvP Aim Assistance for landing headshots and stability for follow up shots when you miss should be your priority.

Her Benevolence is fairly high AA. It's not like Praedyth's or Black Hammer in that regard, so Hidden Hand would be a marginal upgrade at best. Since Shortgaze actually reduces stability, try to pair it up with Perfect Balance or Hand Laid Stock.

For perks I'm in the ammo camp. Double Down, Performance Bonus et al are quantifiable and easy to see. Fantastic perks I love them. I also love Snapshot for quick ADS but perhaps you're best suited with a stability boost in that row.

In short, you'll have to test it out yourself to see what you feel comfortable with.

We've been at this before and while there is no real comparison about hidden hand and it might as well be subjective, when it comes to Unflinching there is a very clear difference which is observable.

Unflinching will make your recoil pattern predictable and will slightly reduce your flinch area and the recovery of reticule to it's normal position is faster. It's very easy to observe if you use one with and one without back to back. Without it you will see that your reticule goes further and takes a bit longer to return to it's normal position.

The word unflinching is the wrong word to use for this perk because people expect it to do something it doesn't and as such find that it doesn't really work.

Fuck yes...

hannibal-well-done.gif

What strike playlist were you playing in? I saw that Dragon was confirmed for it to drop. Not sure if others have it as well.

Shito

Urg. Whats the best lvl 32 PoE Kaliks strategy? Were having a hard time ;(
What is giving you problems?
In all the groups I've been with, we killed the adds, burnt him, tried to kill the special dregs before he feeds on them, fail at that, kill the adds again, and burn him to his death after that.
If you are lacking DPS to do that, you should be extra careful of killing the special adds he feeds upon after damaging him. Also, kill all the adds before shooting him, he only respawn some when you do damage on him.

noomi

Jesus....

Congrats man.

It's because I did a million strikes when I was Hawkmoon hunting many months ago, the game was like "here... you've done your part" lol

Noomi, can I touch you for luck?

"touch me"
YJqEN.gif

Not everything. Not yet.

*insert pic of Solar Six Dreg Pride II*

Have you forgotten your hunt for it? :p

Hah, I still want it but I have a void one and with the solar jewel now I'm not going too crazy about getting one anymore :p

RELEASE ME FROM THESE SHACKLES

What strike playlist were you playing in? I saw that Dragon was confirmed for it to drop. Not sure if others have it as well.

Actually did the Dragon strike... you know what's weird... people say that it normaly drops off the Archon Priest strike... guess where mine dropped? Archon Priest....

todd360

I just looked at episode 8 numbers. I can't even.

Also I will get on after I eat dinner for nightfalls. So hopefully some people want to team up.

Carn82

What is giving you problems?
In all the groups I've been with, we killed the adds, burnt him, tried to kill the special dregs before he feeds on them, fail at that, kill the adds again, and burn him to his death after that.
If you are lacking DPS to do that, you should be extra careful of killing the special adds he feeds upon after damaging him. Also, kill all the adds before shooting him, he only respawn some when you do damage on him.

Heh, we got him! Was our first Kaliks for the whole team. We stayed alive until the target, killed target, DPSed him, seems that the servants dont spawn (or kaliks takes more damage after the target)

Deku Tree

This thread killed my mobile data plan Lolz. Am usually in wifi but went on vacation and surfed this thread for a week using data OMG. Just turned off loading photos and embedding YouTube.

M3Rocket

His bits of that vidoc were tied for my favorite along with the animator who was making his own sound effects when describing how incredible playing as the new sub-classes will be. Their enthusiasm is infectious.

Yes. Despite their human failings (same as all of us), they do seem like very cool guys who care about the experience/addiction/game/love/hate called Destiny.

Lnkn52

I just looked at episode 8 numbers. I can't even.

Also I will get on after I eat dinner for nightfalls. So hopefully some people want to team up.
I'm down.

This thread killed my mobile data plan Lolz. Am usually in wifi but went on vacation and surfed this thread for a week using data OMG. Just turned off loading photos and embedding YouTube.
I think I've reached a gig in June.

Shito

Heh, we got him! Was our first Kaliks for the whole team. We stayed alive until the target, killed target, DPSed him, seems that the servants dont spawn (or kaliks takes more damage after the target)
Yep, that seems to be the easiest way to do it!
Also, I forgot about that VIP haha...

It does seem he takes more damage the second time around, and probably even more after that.

Svartnatt

Thanks for your response as well. Been running with a Her Benevolence without Hidden Hand for a little while and I get more body shots than head shots, so was hoping Hidden Hand could help me out there.

I'll be comparing this new roll to my old one for sure.

noomi

Another week, another PoE35 with no weapon drops at all

I feel you man, I went 3 weeks without any Skolas drops... I stopped running that whole fight because of it. What's the point?

It's a real shit feeling completing the hardest encounter in the game and getting nothing for it.

Urg. Whats the best lvl 32 PoE Kaliks strategy? Were having a hard time ;(

I generally don't bother with the yellow bar dregs that he gorges on but rather have everyone hit the servitor with primaries until about half health then hit it with rockets to finish him off followed up with killing the target.

That's why I stopped caring about Skolas. I'll still do it but I don't care anymore. The drop rate is horrible and the weapons are meh anyway.

I really want a Solar Wolve's Leash but yeah the primary elementals have been rather weak so far (I have gotten a solar pulse rifle and a void auto rifle after probably 12 Skolas kills give or take).

Top Bottom