• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

A_Gorilla

Banned
and what are you going to do when you have to run 3 hunters or 3 warlocks cause you used up all your titans? :p

I've never run Skolas x3 with the same group so its never really come up.

I have beaten with x3 hunters. We just went invisible when things got too hot.

Back home, feels good. I need to catch up on the thread.

2 more hours until Xur. See ya Nighthawk Helm on xb1, wish I had 8 more strange coins!

I'll probably do VoG normal on xb1 tomorrow night. I'll see if The Colonel's son still needs the run. I'm way too curious what my first exotic on xb1 will be.

Not 35, especially not Skolas fight. 1 of each class works best. With and without burns.

Eh, class balance is good but 3 Defenders is too since you can join orbs so easily and always have bubbles ready for mines and immediate life saving safety spots. One thing I like about Skolas is that every class has definite value but you aren't pigeon holed into requiring any class (although 3 Warlocks is a little rough).

Compare that to Scrota which was always "need Hunter for sword and Titan for distraction bubble."

Eh, class balance is good but 3 Defenders is too since you can join orbs so easily and always have bubbles ready for mines and immediate life saving safety spots. One thing I like about Skolas is that every class has definite value but you aren't pigeon holed into requiring any class (although 3 Warlocks is a little rough).

Compare that to Scrota which was always "need Hunter for sword and Titan for distraction bubble."

Never need more than 1 warlock. Sometimes, 0 locks work best :p

daedalius

Ugh 35 POE is just no fun at all

That place isn't nearly as good as strikes or raids, think I'm done with it besides quick runs on 28 or something.

Rehsa

The flip side of that is, three players who do click have an amazing time. But you're right, one poor player really hurts a run. I've been that player at time or two myself, feels bad.

Groovy, I'm chilling in orbit. I can do it on Warlock or Titan.

I'll run a 35 if we can get a third, Feel like punching Skolas.

Thanks for that super smooth no wipe Skolas run, first Elder Cipher get on my first Skolas kill! :D

GhaleonEB

Thanks for that super smooth no wipe Skolas run, first Elder Cipher get on my first Skolas kill! :D

Yeah that was a lot of fun, so great we pulled off Skolas with no wipes. Great job. Sorry for being dead half the time, I still don't Titan as well as I should. After my first Skolas death I changed my build to have much higher agility and that helped a lot, I think I'll stick with it.

I'm super excited about the arc scout rifle - I don't have a VoC, and have no elemental primary for my Hunter so I couldn't have asked for a better reward.

That place isn't nearly as good as strikes or raids, think I'm done with it besides quick runs on 28 or something.

You really have to run it with the right group. I've had miserable Skolas runs, and some really great ones. Tonight was a lot of fun, great communication.

rc213

The flip side of that is, three players who do click have an amazing time. But you're right, one poor player really hurts a run. I've been that player at time or two myself, feels bad.

Groovy, I'm chilling in orbit. I can do it on Warlock or Titan.

I will run 35 with you

Thanks for the run guys, That was an efficient run with no wipes on Skolas. I think it was around 1hr 30 minutes wow.

Rehsa

Yeah that was a lot of fun, so great we pulled off Skolas with no wipes. Great job. Sorry for being dead half the time, I still don't Titan as well as I should. After my first Skolas death I changed my build to have much higher agility and that helped a lot, I think I'll stick with it.

I'm super excited about the arc scout rifle - I don't have a VoC, and have no elemental primary for my Hunter so I couldn't have asked for a better reward.

Awesome! You didn't die that many more times that me lol, I am surprised I didn't take top prize for that as I am bad on my Warlock. I think I had boosted my agility as well as my jumps felt slow. Thanks again!

Thanks for the run guys, That was an efficient run with no wipes on Skolas. I think it was around 1hr 30 minutes wow.

Nice! Not too long, felt like the right pace with clearing the adds and then moving to next objective.

Just need 10 chests for Year One Triumphs to be complete :D

equil

Anyone wanna run some trials for fun. I want more chances at the ship and the shader.

Hit me up if you do. PSN: Equilist

Ran it for the first time yesterday with Kukawaki and Sleepy (terrific job guys!), and I think the biggest design mistake is the level disadvantage. It seems like a silly complaint because in the end it's just a matter of adjusting your gameplay style to this damage disparity, but I feel like this is one of the issues at the core of PoE.

When I think of horde modes the first thing that comes to mind is Mass Effect 3's wonderful multiplayer (who would have thought this would be a sentence someone would actually type when news broke). The key to ME3MP success, in my opinion, relied basically on two (three) things:

1. Variation: Different missions, different map, different enemies each time you played. It seems silly but it made a big difference. Here the Hive arena has hive, the Vex arena has vex... and the maps aren't all that different from each other. Also the modifiers change from week to week instead of every mach, so there's little incentive to play again. Without the level disparity I think there could be more interesting combinations of modifiers).

2. Rewards: You could buy one of the higher level packs after a Gold match, so you'd always be getting new weapons, upgrading old ones or unlocking new classes. Conversely, after +3h of playing I only got an etheric light and a heavy machine gun that is getting sharded next time I boot the game.

(3.) Dev support: New maps, new faction, new difficulty mode and weekend events (<3 N7 Valiant). Getting new arenas or a new 35 boss would be cool.

Barring the aforementioned level disparity thing, the Skolas fight is fine I think (except for the one-side-of-the-map-to-right-on-top-of-you teleport, screw that). Having to pass around Skolas' Square Transmitted Disease while disabling mines and moving around the arena makes for some tense and interesting moments.

Nothing that hasn't been written before, but there it is.

rc213

I think the cipher needs to include new weapons and gear. How about Gjallahorn or Nighthawk or Etheric light?

Also if they don't want to add weapon parts to a vendor then they need to increase what you get from weapons now.

Weapon 0% / 50% / 100% XP
Green 2
Blue 3/5/8
Legendary 5/10/15
Exotic 10/15/25

Sigh i hate feeling this defeated no matter what i do who i join i cannot for the life of me get 5 wins even with a 4-0 card we will get 3 losses in a row.

I cant sleep feeling this way so if anyone needs a third please invite psn is Legendkilla3rd

ta155

Enjoyed my first run of VoG, in terms of 'end game' is the done thing just to keep re-running that for better loot and stuff? I don't have any of the expansions yet, seems like it'd be cheaper to wait and get that retail bundle with them and Taken King together.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Enjoyed my first run of VoG, in terms of 'end game' is the done thing just to keep re-running that for better loot and stuff? I don't have any of the expansions yet, seems like it'd be cheaper to wait and get that retail bundle with them and Taken King together.
It is cheaper to wait for TTK. That'd be a hell of a lot of content all at once too.

UMGAWA

I'd give you one if I had any but it's been years since I bought Red Bull.

Cheers! I detest the taste of red bull, I have hazy memories of a night of copius vodka red bulls.. My relationship with red bull ended the following morning..

Looks like a fellow clan member has sorted me out with a code so I'm sorted for a code now. Thank you anyway DGAF.

Top Bottom