• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

rc213

ive been at skolas for 9 hours. no joke

Yikes! Where are you guys failing?

TItaKko.jpg

Forgot about this, Thanks to DGaf most of all for this.

Would anyone be down for VoG tomorrow around 11am EST? PSN- SheriffofPaddys

NM or HM? Newbie run or have you done it before?

So AU$40 seemed like a good price to jump in.

Then I played it and... Umm.. like the gunplay is fun.

But seriously, what the hell happened? I know I'm lttp and by now that question is rhetorical, but daaamn. Outside of the gunplay it's literally laughably bad.

Thank sweet baby Jesus for EB.

If you feel like elaborating on why you don't like the game then people around here will be happy to help explain how your experience might be improved. A random drive-by shit post with no explanation isn't going to get a ton of support though.

GutZ31

I appreciate it guys, if someone leaves I will let you know. we just cant seem to juggle the poison with the mines.

The mines will spawn when Skolas reaches 50% and 25% health.
Make sure you are getting his health to areas that you can manage, and keep running around. Only one of you really needs to keep an eye on the health, and make it a priority to always know when you want to do damage and when to stop.

darthbob

PR people are usually rather shiet at the games they indorse.

Let us never forget Deej's failure in a simple 34 PoE.

Meh, I'll give DeeJ the benefit of the doubt on that PoE reveal stream. AFAIK, Broman never played it before and they were trying to commentate.

idk about you, but that doesn't sound like a perfect environment to concentrate and play in.

GutZ31

Meh, I'll give DeeJ the benefit of the doubt on that PoE reveal stream. AFAIK, Broman never played it before and they were trying to commentate.

idk about you, but that doesn't sound like a perfect environment to concentrate and play in.

I hope you get to play with him some time.
Only played with him once, and was very much proven in my fears of him being rather bad at the game.
You may think otherwise, as I have my own standards.

I appreciate it guys, if someone leaves I will let you know. we just cant seem to juggle the poison with the mines.

No offense to your teamates but 9 hours with no kill yet i recommend someone leave and get replaced by someone who can cordinate the run especially the ones that offered here.Its way easier with people juggling supers at the mines as needed also clear out adds first then dps and keep rotating around the map when they start piling up on you.

GhaleonEB

Yeah. I've had some pretty extended failures during arc burn mine rounds. That said, they really should have picked a PoE they had higher confidence in defeating, for the reasons you mentioned.

I'd be up for running PoE of any difficulty now, if anyone still needs something. I still need a 32 and two 35's this week, but I'd do a 34 if anyone needs it.

What is the mix of classes you are running? You should have at least one Hunter, and/or one self-res Warlock. They can salvage some botched situations with the mines; the Sunsinger can self-res if the poison and adds kill everyone and save a round; I've had a couple runs be salvaged with them. The ideal mix is one Bladedancer, one Sunsinger, and one Defender.

No offense to your teamates but 9 hours with no kill yet i recommend someone leave and get replaced by someone who can cordinate the run especially the ones that offered here.Its way easier with people juggling supers at the mines as needed also clear out adds first then dps and keep rotating around the map when they start piling up on you.

we are calling it out.

its mines spawning accross corners and stuff.

and one of the guys really sucks

GutZ31

Yeah. I've had some pretty extended failures during arc burn mine rounds. That said, they really should have picked a PoE they had higher confidence in defeating, for the reasons you mentioned.

I'd be up for running PoE of any difficulty now, if anyone still needs something. I still need a 32 and two 35's this week, but I'd do a 34 if anyone needs it.

What is the mix of classes you are running? You should have at least one Hunter, and/or one self-res Warlock. They can salvage some botched situations with the mines. The ideal mix is one Bladedancer, one Sunsinger, and one Defender.

Congratz to you and Nat on her Gjallarhorn bud! happy for you guys!

9 hours is insane. get rid of the weak link before you burn yourself out. no offense to the other guy but fatigue only makes it worse.

If the guy has been there since the beginning, kicking him out is messed up. I'd concede the wasted time and quit before I kicked someone out after all that, even if they sucked badly.

One of the reasons PoE sucks is that one bad player can completely tank it.

I think checkpoints would help tremendously so people would be more inclined to replace bad teammates without worrying about starting a whole new run.

And I agree with Lik i love when teamates stick it out to the end it makes the kill that much more satisfying.However in some rare cases like 9 hours on a single run with no end in sight yea i think a rotation of players is in order hell you can always go back and help the one that missed it.

rc213

What is the mix of classes you are running? You should have at least one Hunter, and/or one self-res Warlock. They can salvage some botched situations with the mines; the Sunsinger can self-res if the poison and adds kill everyone and save a round; I've had a couple runs be salvaged with them. The ideal mix is one Bladedancer, one Sunsinger, and one Defender.

I'll run a 35 if we can get a third, Feel like punching Skolas.

GhaleonEB

The flip side of that is, three players who do click have an amazing time. But you're right, one poor player really hurts a run. I've been that player at time or two myself, feels bad.
I'll run a 35 if we can get a third, Feel like punching Skolas.

Groovy, I'm chilling in orbit. I can do it on Warlock or Titan.

yeah, I know. he is a dude we work with and I feel bad. hopefully my normal fireteam can do it eventually.

this was just a crazy thing that we started and here we are.

Rehsa

The flip side of that is, three players who do click have an amazing time. But you're right, one poor player really hurts a run. I've been that player at time or two myself, feels bad.

I will run 35 with you

If you guys need a hunter i can jump on.

Edit:nvm gl kick his ass.

Definity

Another solar messenger from the lighthouse. I can't even get a summoner if I tried. :p
That was probably the easiest run yet I've had to the lighthouse. Didn't even use the mercy.

It's like Trials vs Raids, 3-person teams put a lot more pressure on each person. You can usually carry one bad player but there are limits. I've had Skolas kills where I had to solo entire mine waves while the other two were dead, but there are serious limits on what 1 person can do vs Skolas.

It's like Trials vs Raids, 3-person teams put a lot more pressure on each person. You can usually carry one bad player but there are limits. I've had Skolas kills where I had to solo entire mine waves while the other two were dead, but there are serious limits on what 1 person can do vs Skolas.

Yeah that's true, at least 2 players need to be alive or it's almost always a wipe.

That's why having 1 of each class helps a lot.

LiK

If the guy has been there since the beginning, kicking him out is messed up. I'd concede the wasted time and quit before I kicked someone out after all that, even if they sucked badly.

sure it's messed up but playing the same fight for 9 hours is even more messed up. better to just quit and start a new group instead. doesn't seem like Panda is having fun either.

Yeah that's true, at least 2 players need to be alive or it's almost always a wipe.

That's why having 1 of each class helps a lot.

3 Titan Defenders makes PoE a breeze.

Like I said it was some guys from work, we were having a good time and enjoying ourselves for awhile then it turned into having to beat it because we wasted so much time, then it just went out of control.

I wasn't having fun anymore but noway could I kick my buddy from work, he was trying he is just.. Not good

Oh well lessons learned.

Maybe next week

420bits

Anyone up for helping me with PoE 35? Only missing Skolas from my year one emblem.

Or If anyone from DestinyGAF is alive need a strike for the Strength of the Pack
trophy :D

LiK

Like I said it was some guys from work, we were having a good time and enjoying ourselves for awhile then it turned into having to beat it because we wasted so much time, then it just went out of control.

I wasn't having fun anymore but noway could I kick my buddy from work, he was trying he is just.. Not good

Oh well lessons learned.

Maybe next week

we've all been there. the early experience with the raids was obnoxiously long from retrying over and over. either from mistakes or glitches. and i didn't mean literally kick him out.

Out 1

Not 35, especially not Skolas fight. 1 of each class works best. With and without burns.

I concur. Had him beaten on the first try with group composition of 1 of each class. None of us had killed Skolas more than twice prior to that. And we wiped three times on Arc Cabal round...

i disagree. it wasn't that bad from my experience.

3 good players can run any combo of classes, and 3 defenders is definitely the best for survival and dps - helm of st, ruin wings, alpha lupi - orbs and heavy for days.

But if you want to do it again with other classes, just makes it so much harder.

One of each class helps a lot because the class abilities can be used for different situations, and you can assign roles to make it easier. That said, communication and playing as a team is way more important than class loadout.

LiK

3 good players can run any combo of classes, and 3 defenders is definitely the best for survival and dps - helm of st, ruin wings, alpha lupi - orbs and heavy for days.

But if you want to do it again with other classes, just makes it so much harder.

One of each class helps a lot because the class abilities can be used for different situations, and you can assign roles to make it easier. That said, communication and playing as a team is way more important than class loadout.

I only ever played Skolas with Nami so this is true. We can play any mix together and we do well. (Unless he lags out :p)

UMGAWA

Is the red bull code thingo still going? If so, anyone kind enough with a spare code to help out this Aussie guardian please?

Top Bottom