• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Thanks MT. :)

I am EST as well, and barring the probability that I crash after work I'll try to get on. My GT is the same as gaf. I couldn't get ColonelOCorn which bugs me. Someone took it, I just know it had to be Major Nelson as he didn't want me out ranking him. :p

I need one more nf for this week. Not sure what time your typically on but if you play after 10pm est ill probably be on. GT is same as GAF.

I can also help with the weekly phenom if your on when I'm on. Should be easy with void burn.

I can do that! I'm down for both nightfall then weekly :p

ethomaz

Banned
A big part of it is that people are fucking awful at that mode. They run around capping points they have no hope of holding and then just get instantly rolled over by the other team. My favorite strat is letting the enemy cap while I stand nearby and then just slaughtering them and disarming. Getting stuck with poor teammates in Salvage is probably the most frustrating mode for it.
I use the poor teammates to distract the other team and kill everybody :p

It is common see I with 500+ points while my teammates have 50-100 lol

phen0m24

So Stabie and Ned what's the deal with P3? Do we need to start a Twitter campaign?

Is Phil going to buy you a desk if you get him to Mercury?

Hey Kirk wrote an article

The UI and controller are pretty awful. Not to mention worst performance in most games.

Xbox One is my biggest gaming purchase regret. I bought into that Titanfall hype.

Agree with you on the UI. But I think the controller is far superior. Much better build quality and button layout. All preference thoigh obviously.

I have noticed the lower performance as well but you really have to pay attention to see it.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So I have a Her Benevolence, what are the best perks I should be re-rolling for?

Scopes - Ambush / Shortgaze
Hidden Hand / Unlfinching
Injection mold / quick shot / snapshot

I use Ambush / Hidden Hand / Snapshot / Performance bonus
I use quickdraw with my hunter and I don't think there's that much of a difference with unfliching. I would rather get more ammo for kills

ethomaz

Banned
At the end of Salvage match...

My teammates all dies.... just me and the enemy team... if they disable the point we loose if we wait more 10 seconds we won.

3 of them come to me fast... I can't kill all of them lol.

One... two... three seconds... yeap SUPER.... bubble in the point... I start to dance :D

10 seconds dancing and nobody wanted to get in face with my shotgun.

Finally got SUROS yesterday, too bad AR are not as good anymore.

I still got no GHorn or Hawkmoon. NOT GIVING UP!!! Nerf or no nerf, those 2 will be mine!!!

I want the least amount of Grimoire on xb1. Then the raid group I joined yesterday with narmer and Josh decided to kill a gorgon in attempt to do the shortcut and failed so we did it legit -_-

LTWood12

Pretty sure that's still me.

giphy.gif

All of you doing the grind all over again on the XBOX. You are the true Guardian Lords.
Well for those that literally do everything with 6x characters, this is true. Along with people maxing Grimoire with 1 account alone. Now if you're doing both for both accounts... Then you're The GL.

Trace

Banned
I will soon have more exotic shards than there are exotics in the game... sigh. I'm never getting Hawkmoon.

On that note, anyone have a gorgon checkpoint?

phen0m24

You are raid ready!

You can even get into a HM Crota and get carried.

Any good weapons drop for you yet?

I have a nice purple MG. That's it so far. I'm maining the Stranger's Rifle still.

All of you doing the grind all over again on the XBOX. You are the true Guardian Lords.

Nah that's Ji66a who has two plats. Dag yo! Or Fig, the original.

I want the least amount of Grimoire on xb1. Then the raid group I joined yesterday with narmer and Josh decided to kill a gorgon in attempt to do the shortcut and failed so we did it legit -_-

I could have led the non jump way. Heck, Narmer could too unless
hard mode.

Pretty sure that's still me.

Yeah, but if he could afford it Josh would get you an XBoX just so he could grab you for every raid and nf and weekly and skirmish...

Yeah Fig is popular in my house. "Oh look she's not playing FIFA! Ask Fig!" :p

Still waitiNG to team up and play some CarFootball/Rocket League

Shortgaze, hidden hand, quick draw/snap shot, unflinching. I have one without unflinching and it's still great.

Scopes - Ambush / Shortgaze
Hidden Hand / Unlfinching
Injection mold / quick shot / snapshot

I use Ambush / Hidden Hand / Snapshot / Performance bonus
I use quickdraw with my hunter and I don't think there's that much of a difference with unfliching. I would rather get more ammo for kills

Awesome, thank you both for the tips!

Trace

Banned
I have a nice purple MG. That's it so far. I'm maining the Stranger's Rifle still.

hard mode.

Yeah, but if he could afford it Josh would get you an XBoX just so he could grab you for every raid and nf and weekly and skirmish...

I'm 32 on Xbox if you're ever looking for someone for some raids or whatever :p Not amazing weapons or anything but whatever.

ocean

Banned
My PvP stats will look alright in a month or two at this rate. As my first FPS, my first months with Destiny I averaged 0.5ish. Took me a long ass time to learn the decision making in this genre. I started off playing Crucible Where's Waldo style - if I saw someone I went Terminator after them no matter what. "Oh there's a bad guy!!!" Died so much lol. I've been averaging 2.0 over the past few weeks.

I think it's one of the most satisfying aspects of the game for me and why I keep coming back to it. Like that Halo / CoD craze which I skipped a few years back is here in full force for me at last: I'm loving FPS PvP.

The dude in me grows...

hard mode.

Haha Josh was actually the voice of reason. He said let's just do it the legit way.

Namikaze1

*Gets put on losing team in a game already in progress

*score is 6850 to 550

*nopes the hell out of the game.

They're beyond saving at that point.

ocean

Banned
I will soon have more exotic shards than there are exotics in the game... sigh. I'm never getting Hawkmoon.

On that note, anyone have a gorgon checkpoint?
There's 27 weapons and 36 armor pieces. Having 63 Exotic Shards is a damn lot :p but doable. Shame they don't sell for anything.

zewone

My PvP stats will look alright in a month or two at this rate. As my first FPS, my first months with Destiny I averaged 0.5ish. Took me a long ass time to learn the decision making in this genre. I started off playing Crucible Where's Waldo style - if I saw someone I went Terminator after them no matter what. "Oh there's a bad guy!!!" Died so much lol. I've been averaging 2.0 over the past few weeks.

I think it's one of the most satisfying aspects of the game for me and why I keep coming back to it. Like that Halo / CoD craze which I skipped a few years back is here in full force for me at last: I'm loving FPS PvP.

The dude in me grows...

Dat feels you get from a FPS PvP experience is hard to top.

Top Bottom