• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

ocean

Banned
Firefly and Outlaw and Arc!

I don't see it going anywhere.
It'll still be great, just not special. Arc damage is largely irrelevant unless you're in a Nightfall. And while Outlaw is the perfect complement to Firefly, as also seen in stellar scout rifles like Saterienne Rapier, what makes FB unique is that insane damage output. Hit one Thrall for 1900 but make an explosion that takes out 7 more Thrall. That's thousands and thousands of hit points off one bullet. Other primary weapon classes don't do enough initial damage for the Firefly perk to be as meaningful.

Top of page edit:
yu2Kh49.png

My 2 nephews from out of town are leaving a week from today and I'm getting sad. Had to drop them off at my parents' so I could go to work. Introducing them to the world of Destiny has been nothing but amazing. They love it so much and seeing their excitement and being able to discuss it with them has been a blast. I'm glad I got the xb1 version so they can experience it and we all have something we can play and have a great time with. Everytime they got a new drop from Crucible or PvE, they'd be stoked! Especially when it was Rare for the lower level or a Legendary for the higher level.

If only I had a lot of money I'd get them an XB1 and Destiny, but Destiny for 360 will do for now.

When we were watching something on TV last night, one of them went "That looks like it's from Destiny" twice and it was pretty funny. A bond that'll never break
at least for the next 10 years or so :p

The 1 really loves Hunter while the other really loves the Titan. I told them when they get back home and make their characters, they can just make the Warlock to share. Poor Warlock.

And on top of that, being able to play with XB1 DGAF!

GRIP

Don't worry, Dave did the job for you. Congrats! And you know the deal with the refresh blah blah blah.

Lol just sent it anyway.

Shit, sorry for the spam PM's. It didn't seem like it was being sent so I refreshed a few times and resent. Sorry!

purg3

slept with Malkin
Spec'ing for max orb generation for Skolas is a good idea. My team is 1 Hunter, 1 Lock and 1 Titan (me) so I don't know if that is better or worse. Probably worse since I'm the only one with a bubble.

Does the first phase end when you've killed a certain number of Servitors or is it just how much damage you've done to Skolas? And why do the invisible Servitors continue to spawn and hang out even when you are in the second phase?

Based on damage. You kill those servitor things and damage him to break the bond or chain whatever they call it. When you are successful you get that sound effect and move on to the next phase.

Oh boy. I'll be adding an asterick next to your name now.
j/k

Hahaha. The "j/k" written exactly that reminds me of middle school a little over half of my life ago. A girl I liked wrote in my yearbook something about liking me or saying I looked good, followed by a "J/K" and I was like wtf is J/K?!?! Finding out what it meant after some time hurt!

LTWood12

My 2 nephews from out of town are leaving a week from today and I'm getting sad. Had to drop them off at my parents' so I could go to work. Introducing them to the world of Destiny has been nothing but amazing. They love it so much and seeing their excitement and being able to discuss it with them has been a blast. I'm glad I got the xb1 version so they can experience it and we all have something we can play and have a great time with. Everytime they got a new drop from Crucible or PvE, they'd be stoked! Especially when it was Rare for the lower level or a Legendary for the higher level.

If only I had a lot of money I'd get them an XB1 and Destiny, but Destiny for 360 will do for now.

When we were watching something on TV last night, one of them went "That looks like it's from Destiny" twice and it was pretty funny. A bond that'll never break

The 1 really loves Hunter while the other really loves the Titan. I told them when they get back home and make their characters, they can just make the Warlock to share. Poor Warlock.

Really awesome that you were able to share something you enjoy so much with them, and for them to reciprocate the enjoyment w/ you. You sound like an awesome uncle, and no doubt you'll be a great dad someday.

Namikaze1

Gonna take a break. Will be back in an hour and a half to 2 hours for more Crucible. Hopefully there will be people wanting to play some Salvage.

Xbox 1 comments (spolier: It is the most confusing UI ever!):

1) When someone invites you to the party, it says: "Hold Dashboard to join party". I hold it and the controller turns off -_- It should say, hold for 2 seconds or something like that.
2) Saving the last 30 seconds only sucks. I want to be able to save minutes!
3) Sometimes my mic doesn't work but I can hear them? NAT issues?
4) I've gotten more disconnect/weasel errors in 1 day than I've ever gotten in PS4 in over 1000 hours.
5) The sensitivity feels so weird. I need a 7 to match PS4's 5, and sometimes the 7 feels too slow. I don't get it :X
6) Pressing the "select/back" button to bring up the ghost is pretty weird :p but just something to get used to, no big deal.
7) This must be an xbox thing too but I can't join most fireteams without an invite even when it's joinable.

Those are my observations so far.

E92 M3

1) When someone invites you to the party, it says: "Hold Dashboard to join party". I hold it and the controller turns off -_- It should say, hold for 2 seconds or something like that.
4) I've gotten more disconnect/weasel errors in 1 day then I've ever gotten in PS4 in over 1000 hours.
5) The sensitivity feels so weird. I need a 7 to match PS4's 5, and sometimes the 7 feels too slow. I don't get it :X
6) Pressing the "select/back" button to bring up the ghost is pretty weird :p but just something to get used to, no big deal.
7) This must be an xbox thing too but I can't join most fireteams without an invite even when it's joinable.

If the person playing is in a party, Destiny treats it as an invite-only fireteam, since we can't toggle that manually.

matmanx1

Based on damage. You kill those servitor things and damage him to break the bond or chain whatever they call it. When you are successful you get that sound effect and move on to the next phase.

Thank you, that is what I thought. Still with higher DPS on Skolas you'd have a shorter fight and less time to die. More orb generation, more bubbles, more Golden Gun's etc. And I am thinking our Warlock should probably be spec'ed for fire and not void, right? Loosing Nova bomb seems like a worthy tradeoff for the ability to revive.

zewone

4) I've gotten more disconnect/weasel errors in 1 day then I've ever gotten in PS4 in over 1000 hours.

The UI and controller are pretty awful. Not to mention worst performance in most games.

Xbox One is my biggest gaming purchase regret. I bought into that Titanfall hype.

If the person playing is in a party, Destiny treats it as an invite-only fireteam, since we can't toggle that manually.

Ahh so that's what it is! Thanks!

The UI and controller are pretty awful. Not to mention worst performance in most games.

Xbox One is my biggest gaming purchase regret. I bought into that Titanfall hype.

I couldn't believe it when I bought Peggle 2, Peggle freaking 2, and the ball LAGS when you shoot it across the screen hahaha. I don't know why it's bad :\

Fortunately Destiny has been pretty good (other than connectivity issues) on it but we all know why.
Damn you BC

Hmm, having kids seems like a pretty inefficient way to get constant Glimmer Farming. But then again it's safer than giving Wicked my PSN info. Hmmmmmm.

Hahaha, I think that might be one of the things I'll be able to do since it doesn't require communication for the most part. That is unless you have a rando killing things away from the group

Edit: unless you mean IRL Glimmer hahahaha

1. I've never encountered this and didn't even think it was possible. I've encountered the opposite actually. I'll go to shut off my system via the controller and a pop-up will appear, which takes precedence, so i can't shut it off till the pop-up goes away.

2. you can save up to five minutes, need to snap in the dvr app (maybe it can be set to default to 5 min, never tried)

3. are you using kinect? kinect only works in party chat (for some dumb reason) So you'll be able to hear them in game chat but not talk back via kinect unless you form a party.

4. seems random, i wouldn't say this is an xbox thing

5. nothing to say about this, different controllers different sensitivity.

6. like you said, no big deal

7. this i actually have issues with as well, so maybe it is an xbox issue. i often can't join friends unless they send me an invite, then it works fine. rather annoying.

4) I've gotten more disconnect/weasel errors in 1 day than I've ever gotten in PS4 in over 1000 hours.

Maybe check your privacy settings for the chat issue/ fireteam stuff. I know I had issues initially with chat and I had some custom privacy setting set. I switched it to the adult preset and it solved my issues.

The holding down to launch is always a pain, I just use kinect when I get an invite. You either have to do it right away or you get the power options.

void666

Banned
#foreverhornless whining post

So, i have over 5 weeks of playtime. Been here since day one.
Every exotic has dropped for me multiple times. Ice breaker is the king. 6 times.
Every exotic... but the holy horn.

Yesterday i saw 3 of my friends get one. But they already had it.

I'm not mad. I actually don't care anymore. I'm having fun with my exotic shotguns.

But i find it odd that it never dropped for me. I know it's pure RNG.
But how unlucky can i be?

First time?

It's sooo goood.

Second time, but first time was a while ago now.
Met someone near the beginning and they showed me around. Lost them half way through. :(

Met someone else just after though, and finished it with them. :)

I still have my sealed ps3 edition that I've obviously yet to play. Are there any differences between the 2?

Nothing major as far as I can tell. Seems to be principally the same game.

1. I've never encountered this and didn't even think it was possible. I've encountered the opposite actually. I'll go to shut off my system via the controller and a pop-up will appear, which takes precedence, so i can't shut it off till the pop-up goes away. My system might have shut off once or twice also haha but usually my controller shuts off! I believe it's just holding it for a second or two that initiates it.

2. you can save up to five minutes, need to snap in the dvr app (maybe it can be set to default to 5 min, never tried) Ahh ok, I think I did this once for Ori but kind of inconvenient to do everytime but as long as it works :p

3. are you using kinect? kinect only works in party chat (for some dumb reason) So you'll be able to hear them in game chat but not talk back via kinect unless you form a party. Yes, mine is always connected but I also have my headset attached to my controller. Hmmm..I kind of remember this problem way back in the day. It seems fine most of the time. I'll have to test that out next time it works if they can hear me through kinect

4. seems random, i wouldn't say this is an xbox thing. I've probably gotten kicked out of 4 times total in Ps4 land since September! But it seems that other users have noticed times like this as well. And it's so bad to where I need to reboot my xb1 to connect back to XBL. Hasn't happened most of the time except for 2 days ago which it did 3-4 times. Hopefully it's rare and something was just not behaving much then.

5. nothing to say about this, different controllers different sensitivity.Yea makes sense. I just assumed they tuned them individually so each number is the same on all consoles.

6. like you said, no big deal. indeed

7. this i actually have issues with as well, so maybe it is an xbox issue. i often can't join friends unless they send me an invite, then it works fine. rather annoying. Someone above said that the reason is if that person is in a Party, then it treats their fireteam as Invite Only even though in Destiny it's not. Crazy!

Thanks! Answered back in bold :p

Maybe check your privacy settings for the chat issue/ fireteam stuff. I know I had issues initially with chat and I had some custom privacy setting set. I switched it to the adult preset and it solved my issues.

The holding down to launch is always a pain, I just use kinect when I get an invite. You either have to do it right away or you get the power options.

Hmm Privacy Settings, will check out, thanks!

Nothing major as far as I can tell. Seems to be principally the same game.

That's good news then, thanks!

Every time I am not playing solo I start getting the dreaded "You are having network issues" message. It keeps getting worse and worse to the point it isn't enjoyable anymore.

phen0m24

Yeah man! I need to hook up with you guys, but Josh has commandeered the Bone with the Quest for Fatebringer. :) And I'm sorry I get on him when he plays sometimes because he never stops talking. It makes me crazy.
I know I do too but I'm usually trying to get people laughing
He's telling people the right side can be soloed, how he was the last alive, etc. That and when he starts shooting rockets at Oracles when he has enough ammo with IB. I'm like dude they are covering left save your ammo for your side... It's tough watching sometimes. :( I'll get better. And he's only 10. :(

Shito

Damn, this european beta selection for SF5 is torture: have to wait 22 more hours to know if I'll get a code or not...

rc213

So I was bored couldn't sleep cause it's humid as shit. So I decided to try and make it to Death Singer. After about 2 hrs on my Titan I managed to solo the Abyss using the the rock jump then Solo'd it with my Hunter legit using Invisibility perks. I still don't know how I found my way out but I did. Managed to get passed the bridge fairly easy compared to the Abyss on Both toons.

Feeeeeeeeeeeels good!

P.S. that song they play as you wait for the bridge to form in the Abyss is nerve racking.

Will be looking to do Deathsinger+Crota Normal around 4ish PST if anyone wants to help.

Some of your problems sound like network issues. Make sure that your router has the newest firmware available for it and that UPNP is enabled. Also, make sure you are using a wired connection. My anecdotal experience has been that weasel errors were completely resolved by switching to wired for a few of my friends.

You can check in the settings/network area if your NAT is open, moderate or strict. Your goal should be to get it to "open".

Yeah man! I need to hook up with you guys, but Josh has commandeered the Bone with the Quest for Fatebringer. :) And I'm sorry I get on him when he plays sometimes because he never stops talking. It makes me crazy.
I know I do too but I'm usually trying to get people laughing
He's telling people the right side can be soloed, how he was the last alive, etc. That and when he starts shooting rockets at Oracles when he has enough ammo with IB. I'm like dude they are covering left save your ammo for your side... It's tough watching sometimes. :( I'll get better. And he's only 10. :(

Haha yea I know what you mean! I have to teach them when to switch weapons, when to ADS, etc. at times, super, and most importantly, to always look at the radar!

Haha I died during confluxes and I was watching Josh and he put a bubble while defending the middle solo. He started to hide away from his bubble and almost died so I told him to hide in it. There's a lot more to the game than I realized since most either comes natural after the hours I've put in and/or take it for granted.

But yea man, Josh is cool and he's good. He understands a lot and he's really mature for his age. It's cool that he gets really excited like when he got his ghorn and arc scholar. It's a blast to see them so happy. Him and my oldest nephew (11) got to play some games together so that was cool. Oh yea and Josh also has your sense of humor, that's obvious :p

Top Bottom