• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Some of your problems sound like network issues. Make sure that your router has the newest firmware available for it and that UPNP is enabled. Also, make sure you are using a wired connection. My anecdotal experience has been that weasel errors were completely resolved by switching to wired for a few of my friends.

You can check in the settings/network area if your NAT is open, moderate or strict. Your goal should be to get it to "open".

Oh yes good call. I definitely need to check for the latest firmware. Atm, I can't go wired. It'll be my goal to get wired installed throughout my house as soon as I can! Maybe if I switch to Fiber. Thanks for the advice!

zewone

Throwback gif from launch day, Sept 9, 2014
Not even level 20 yet, still beast.

JZr9k3x.gif

Rehsa

So last night I just glanced at my new HB and thought I had a bad roll, decided to check at work and turns out I got 3/4 right off the bat. Shorgaze/TripleTap/Snapshot/Unflinching. Should I gamble to replace triple tap and hope I get these again?
most likely not

So last night I just glanced at my new HB and thought I had a bad roll, decided to check at work and turns out I got 3/4 right off the bat. Shorgaze/TripleTap/Snapshot/Unflinching. Should I gamble to replace triple tap and hope I get these again?
most likely not

If you are pretty happy with that roll I would recommend trying to get another HB, and then you can reroll that one until its better. And then start rerolling the original to get an ever better one lol.

I have an HB with unflinching, hidden hand, hand laid stock and shortgaze that I'm really happy with.

most likely not

So close. That's a pretty good PvE roll. How many rerolls can you do?

It's tough to say since HB aim assist went down, Hidden Hand would be nice. It took me over 500 rerolls to get Shortgaze, HH and Unflinching together :/

Anyone on xb1 need to do the nightfall still? Sometime tonight

I don't mind going on lfg land for an adventure haha.

I didn't know celestial nighthawk brings down Omnigul's health to less than half. That's awesome. Wish I had enough coins to buy it last weekend.

FFMafia

Just got my first gally on the nightfall last night. The feeling was like beating a boss in bloodborne. Full of joy! I'll be looking to raid more now

Rehsa

So close. That's a pretty good PvE roll. How many rerolls can you do?

It's tough to say since HB aim assist went down, Hidden Hand would be nice. It took me over 500 rerolls to get Shortgaze, HH and Unflinching together :/

If you are pretty happy with that roll I would recommend trying to get another HB, and then you can reroll that one until its better. And then start rerolling the original to get an ever better one lol.

I have an HB with unflinching, hidden hand, hand laid stock and shortgaze that I'm really happy with.

I haven't tried it yet, but I got the same roll on my LGH with SG/Outlaw/Snapshot/Unflinching and I think it is 'OK', I may need HH help though lol. I am down to probably 30 weapon parts now after rerolling Party Crasher and Matador recently. I guess I will keep it until I can get another like you said and stock up on more parts. Thanks!

Edit:
Hunter with TLW. Yup, might pay $190 for that.
Yes please! With interchangeable capes lol

Dude I want to do a 32 weekly. Would you be able to help me with that?

I'm 29 and need the coins lol

Oh man I'll definitely help out. What's the weekly anyways and any burns?

Also I might have been lucky but when I did last week's 26 then 32 Heroic Weekly, I got a legendary engram drop from each!

lcd

Of course Ghorn drops for some dude on Crota. I was pretty salty about that...

Especially since he already had one.

But thanks again for helping my buddy and I on our first time through the VoG. I got the Vision of Confluence and Found Verdict.

Gong

Wish I saved that clip after we killed Atheon and you decided to shoot your Horn. Only to have a Titan bubble dropped on you at the same time XD
We should raid more just for fun.

Raiding is always more fun with me around. You get my lovely lilting Scottish accent and the added bonus of everything being my fault regardless of what it is, so win-win ;-)

chewydogg

My 2 nephews from out of town are leaving a week from today and I'm getting sad. Had to drop them off at my parents' so I could go to work. Introducing them to the world of Destiny has been nothing but amazing. They love it so much and seeing their excitement and being able to discuss it with them has been a blast. I'm glad I got the xb1 version so they can experience it and we all have something we can play and have a great time with. Everytime they got a new drop from Crucible or PvE, they'd be stoked! Especially when it was Rare for the lower level or a Legendary for the higher level.

If only I had a lot of money I'd get them an XB1 and Destiny, but Destiny for 360 will do for now.

When we were watching something on TV last night, one of them went "That looks like it's from Destiny" twice and it was pretty funny. A bond that'll never break
at least for the next 10 years or so :p

The 1 really loves Hunter while the other really loves the Titan. I told them when they get back home and make their characters, they can just make the Warlock to share. Poor Warlock.

And on top of that, being able to play with XB1 DGAF!

I recently started letting my sons run strikes with my characters
maybe Ghorn will drop for them
. Now they want Santa to bring them their own PS4 + Destiny. I can't wait to help them level up and run some strikes/raids with them.

ocean

Banned
Just got a Lone Wolf medal on a Skirmish match. Never seen that before, is it something to do with the fact that my teammates sucked ass?

LTWood12

I recently started letting my sons run strikes with my characters
maybe Ghorn will drop for them
. Now they want Santa to bring them their own PS4 + Destiny. I can't wait to help them level up and run some strikes/raids with them.

I'm looking forward to having this experience w/ my boys one day.

Anyone on xb1 need to do the nightfall still? Sometime tonight

I don't mind going on lfg land for an adventure haha.

I didn't know celestial nighthawk brings down Omnigul's health to less than half. That's awesome. Wish I had enough coins to buy it last weekend.

Dude I want to do a 32 weekly. Would you be able to help me with that?

I'm 29 and need the coins lol

I need one more nf for this week. Not sure what time your typically on but if you play after 10pm est ill probably be on. GT is same as GAF.

I can also help with the weekly phenom if your on when I'm on. Should be easy with void burn.

Kyoufu

Salvage is a shit-show. Every game I join is in games that are underway where the opposing team are stomping the team I join.

ethomaz

Banned
Salvage is a shit-show. Every game I join is in games that are underway where the opposing team are stomping the team I join.
Another guys facing the biggest issues with middle matchmaking.

3-player modes don't need these bullshit middle match joins.

Falifax

Any mates from the sexy clan or School of Hawk want to do a PoE 32 or 34? I'm really trying to get finished with this Raiding Party trophy.

phen0m24

I need one more nf for this week. Not sure what time your typically on but if you play after 10pm est ill probably be on. GT is same as GAF.

I can also help with the weekly phenom if your on when I'm on. Should be easy with void burn.

Thanks MT. :)

I am EST as well, and barring the probability that I crash after work I'll try to get on. My GT is the same as gaf. I couldn't get ColonelOCorn which bugs me. Someone took it, I just know it had to be Major Nelson as he didn't want me out ranking him. :p

Many thanks to Kal_El for practically doing the nightfall for me. When I suck this much I practically feel guilty.

And yep. Horns hit hard. A lot.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Especially since he already had one.

But thanks again for helping my buddy and I on our first time through the VoG. I got the Vision of Confluence and Found Verdict.

No problem, it was fun going through that with you guys. Glad you got some good drops too!

vctor182

Again,

anyone have an ultimate Gunslinger build for hunters? Or can you point me to one online?

They're a little old but perk description, stat % and builds are still good

[Guide] Gunslinger Tips, Tricks, and General Recommendations

Master Gunslinger Guide - 500+ hour Hunter

I personally use
+Tripmine
+Triple Jump
+Combustion on Crucible/PvE and Gunfighter for ToO
+Incendiary Blade for Crubible/ToO and Juggler for PvE
+Path Forgotten (Toughness + Speed)
+Gunslinger's Trance
+Way of the Fearless (Toughness)
+Chain of Woe for PvE and Gambler's Dagger for Crucible/ToO

With this build I can tank a few hits, not die on tripmines/knifes and strafe a little faster. Plus the more headshots I pull the more accurate I'm gonna be. If you can roll a shotgun or speacial weapon with army of one then you won't need scavenger at all.

For stats I normally use
200+ for Int
150+ for Dis
100+ for Str

On ToO since rounds are short I use Lucky Raspberry for instant grenade, reduce Dis and focus on Int&Str, with Gunfighter I can get a super as quick as late round on 2 or round 3.
On crucible since I take out Chain of Woe I try to always have a set of armor that helps me increase primary reload speed

Vilam

Maxis Redwood

A big part of it is that people are fucking awful at that mode. They run around capping points they have no hope of holding and then just get instantly rolled over by the other team. My favorite strat is letting the enemy cap while I stand nearby and then just slaughtering them and disarming. Getting stuck with poor teammates in Salvage is probably the most frustrating mode for it.

Nighte

Destinys servers suck... Poe34 half way done with final boss and the game boots me to start menu.. Carried that lfg group so hard... God...

Kyoufu

A big part of it is that people are fucking awful at that mode. They run around capping points they have no hope of holding and then just get instantly rolled over by the other team. My favorite strat is letting the enemy cap while I stand nearby and then just slaughtering them and disarming. Getting stuck with poor teammates in Salvage is probably the most frustrating mode for it.

Will that strategy result in the trophy unlock? That's all I want out of this.

Top Bottom