• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

I totally forgot to add MGS V to my list. And I plan on using BestBuy GG to help pay for all of these games.

Also Cuco I haven't seen you in like forever bro

zewone

Pulse rifles are getting that stability nerf, though . . .

Honestly, no one ever talks about it, but The Scholar is a beast gun. Used it fully-upgraded this week for NF/Weekly, and it didn't disappoint. Hits much harder than any other scout I've used and has Perfect Balance. I wonder if it will be viable in PVP after TTK drops.

It's decent now.

What I'm looking forward to is the Fate of All Fools. It's currently a 3 shot kill in PVP and with all the nerfs coming along it will be even more deadly.

If we ever get it...

PuMa

Honestly, no one ever talks about it, but The Scholar is a beast gun. Used it fully-upgraded this week for NF/Weekly, and it didn't disappoint. Hits much harder than any other scout I've used and has Perfect Balance. I wonder if it will be viable in PVP after TTK drops.

Scholar is great! It's just like Gheleon's, which was my favorite primary and Scout (non elemental) for a while after it first dropped in the early IB.

phen0m24

I have this bad boy from vanilla that used to wreck.

That stability doe.

96Qe58y.png
Makes me miss my poor Grim Citizen III. It broke my heart to shard my first maxed legendary. :(

Fallout and Halo 5 I used GCU. TTK, just psn haha. Probably should have waited to use GCU but Oh well

GCU is soooo nice. With all the games I'm buying and with the discount it gives I basically get 2 games for free at the end of the year.

It sucks that now I started working full time so I have less gaming opportunity. November is going to be packed with games.

ocean

Banned
It's decent now.

What I'm looking forward to is the Fate of All Fools. It's currently a 2 shot kill in PVP and with all the nerfs coming along it will be even more deadly.

If we ever get it...
A 2 shot Scout? Even the highest impact, slowest ones like Scholar and Ghaleon's Demise take 3 hits.

Sigh, grinding public events...

Top page:
DGAF share your fall gaming list

1. Destiny's The Taken King (9/15)
  2. Assassin's Creed Syndicate (10/23)
  3. Halo 4 (10/27)
  4. Need for Speed (11/03)
  5. Call of Duty Black Ops 3 (11/06)
  6. Fallout 4 (11/10)
  7. Star Wars Battlefront (11/17)
  8. No Man's Sky (??/??)
  9. Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 (??/??)

mine is:
- Taken King
- Halo 5
- Fallout 4 (which comes with Fallout 3)

It's only a few games but it will keep me very busy

Namikaze1

I'll be up for it in 30 minutes. Can you drop me off in Nightfall though? Trying to finish it on my Hunter and then I'll be up for some Salvage after.
I unfortunately can't. I'm away right now tending to some family stuff. I can help out once I'm back which should be in 15 minutes or so. Right now I have to tend to some real life stuff.

Dave_6

I've had little luck re-rolling my Her Benevolence; after 100s of weapon parts and nearly that many motes I stopped. I wound up with Shortgaze, Hidden Hand, Hand-laid Stock and Replenish. Good enough?

Taken King
Fallout 4
Battlefront
considering Call of Duty (since I put all this time into not sucking at FPSs)

Also, I fixed my Share Settings to include voice from game chat and parties. Man, if only I'd captured my reactions to getting Hawkmoon and Gjallarhorn (and Gala's reaction to getting Gjallarhorn was even better).

PuMa

I've had little luck re-rolling my Her Benevolence; after 100s of weapon parts and nearly that many motes I stopped. I wound up with Shortgaze, Hidden Hand, Hand-laid Stock and Replenish. Good enough?

I would stick with that, yes. You don't need Unflinching.

3/4 is usually the best you can do without really good luck or infinite supplies.

I've probably done over 250 rerolls of Matadors, Party Crashers, and my Her Benevolence, and I've gotten 1 god roll (Shortgaze+Ambush/Hidden Hand/Handlaid Stock/Unflinching—still wish it had Snapshot, too).

That being said, Unflinching really is important. Thus, I leave the decision to you.

M3Rocket

uc

It's basically a nicely rolled Badger CCL, which is slightly better than Gheleon's. I finally dismantled my Badger when I got an Adept Scholar. Don't like the 13 round mag, cause I'd rather use FB.

Dave_6

3/4 is usually the best you can do without really good luck or infinite supplies.

I've probably done over 250 rerolls of Matadors, Party Crashers, and my Her Benevolence, and I've gotten 1 god roll (Shortgaze+Ambush/Hidden Hand/Handlaid Stock/Unflinching—still wish it had Snapshot, too).

That being said, Unflinching really is important. Thus, I leave the decision to you.

I had great luck with both the shotguns but not with my snipers. If I can build my stock back up enough I may try to keep rolling it till I get that god roll.

ethomaz

Banned
Bungie needs to fix that huge flaw in matchmaking for 3-players modes.

Everybody that enter in the middle of the match losing left the match instantly.

Matchmaking needs to give us new matches for 3-players modes.

Fucking this bullshit.

M3Rocket

Keep that roll until you get another HB to try for God roll. With Shortgaze, Unflinching does almost nothing in testing. It helps mostly with Ambush I believe. Here's a quote from Destinyplanet:
Unflinching is an interesting case. Many Guardians, including some of our readers, swear by its benefits – but Patrick is less credulous. In his testing, he’s found it to have minimal benefit at best, but we’ll hedge here and say that if you are certain you can notice a difference, it’s just as good a choice as any.

Dave_6

Keep that roll until you get another HB to try for God roll. With Shortgaze, Unflinching does almost nothing. It helps mostly with Ambush I believe. Here's a quote from Destinyplanet:

Good idea, I'll just keep this one as is and wait to see if I ever get another one to drop. I also have an LGH and an original Final round Spear but haven't had any luck with re-rolling those either.

Then I had a god roll Pilgrim just drop for me after only 8 strikes. *shrug*

Arrrammis

It's pretty good, and I loved using it in crucible for the combined arms playlist. I really think that we need more large maps in the game, or at least have them available all the time instead of being on a rotation. They are pretty much the only maps where range on weapons is a significant factor. The other small maps are nothing but hand cannons and shotgun fests.

ocean

Banned
Super top skilled players with a sniper impress me. Unstable, Nghtly, Zoba and such always amaze me with that sniping.

But shotguns, even on top play and doing stuff I'd never be able to pull off, just doesn't impress. It's like eh this fuckin game.

Super top skilled players with a sniper impress me. Unstable, Nghtly, Zoba and such always amaze me with that sniping.

But shotguns, even on top play and doing stuff I'd never be able to pull off, just doesn't impress. It's like eh this fuckin game.

My Matador is my "break glass in case you're getting scrubbed" gun. So OP.

EL CUCO

I totally forgot to add MGS V to my list. And I plan on using BestBuy GG to help pay for all of these games.

Also Cuco I haven't seen you in like forever bro
I've been around. Lots of work and little sleep. Let's hit up some Crucible one of these days mang!

Top Bottom