• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

lt519

Just refreshing the list to keep it up to date. I've enlisted a clan-mate to help for a few rounds this weekend but we should be able to do two at a time.

Skolas School:
1. SheHateMe
2. Boombloxer
3. Sengar
4. Inco (sunsinger warlock)
5. KINGofCRA5H-
6. Nightzoor
7. Reluctant-hero

noomi

It's the USB. USB 3.0 has horrendous unintended emissions and being right next to the bluetooth adapter on the PS4 wreaks havoc. A lot of documented cases here on GAF about this. It is less likely your phone, but it could be a contributing factor if there are already other interferers. If you have a hub or a USB extension cord try running that to the headset USB to get it away from the PS4.

Trust me, I know I sound nuts, I'm actually an Electrical Engineer that works on Wireless Communications and even I had a hard time believing it. I was blaming my ISP for months since it seemed bursty, but then realizing that I could still hear everyone else loud and clear pointed me towards the controller.

edit: also try changing the channel of the headset if you can, not sure if that is an option. If you are playing ps4 on wi-fi, try moving your router channel. Just another couple ideas.

Thanks so much for the reply! I will try the usb adapter, as I am not convinced that is the root of my issues. I would have never in a million thought that an official sony product would cause so much issues, but ya never know!

My son Josh has one, decent range and FULL AUTO shreds in PvP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L532EyYnjRM

Jeez... are you telling me I need to grind for this item now. I had it drop once and quickly sharded it.... WHY DO I ALWAYS DO THIS.

I sharded an ash factory, and 2 hopscotch's before I knew they were good lol.

Navy Bean

Some of the LFG posts for Trials are amazing:

One guy not only was demanding 10+ flawless runs, k/d over 1.8, and 75% win percentage, BUT to cap it off he said the lucky winner would have to first play a regular elimination match to judge his skills...LOL. I sent him a message: "invite plz...have fully leveled Dragon's Breath and SUROS REGIME."

Hello everybody. 1st post here after lurking for some time, account only activated today. I signed up here because this community seems like a great place and I really don't want to resort to the LFG sites where you have people who don't even meet their own requirements.

Trials is my favourite content to play in this game but my IRL friends have pretty much given up on that because they don't enjoy it so have nobody to play it with :( I'm certainly nowhere near as good as Unstable/Nghtly(and never will be even half as good as those guys) but can certainly hold my own most of the time.

Will probably be looking at joining one of the many clans here. I'm based in the UK if that even matters.

Welcome, I've just joined as well - I'm in pretty much the same boat, my PSN is same as here it would be good to get together with another UK gaffer to play trials with

Kyoufu

One guy not only was demanding 10+ flawless runs, k/d over 1.8, and 75% win percentage, BUT to cap it off he said the lucky winner would have to first play a regular elimination match to judge his skills...LOL. I sent him a message: "invite plz...have fully leveled Dragon's Breath and SUROS REGIME."

"MUST HAVE GJALLARHORN"

If any of the posters who need their first Skolas kills see me posting for PoE tomorrow, I am totally open to taking first timers through. I usually do three runs on Tuesdays and post here looking for people before I invariably have to resort to LFG. Feel free to respond to my posts, or bug me on PSN (Reignofsparrows) if you're antsy.

I have high standards man. Can't be playing with you all the time!!

phen0m24

well, Josh shreds in PvP with whatever he has, so that doesn't tell me much. ;-P

One of the first legendaries I found when I got both expansions. Mine has arc and I loved it vs. Fallen majors. Guess I should 're roll it for full auto

Apparently Gothalion likes it in PvE as a poor man's Horseman.

Josh does the "come around the corner and blam blam blam" before the other person knows what hit them

It's tough against a Matador or Felwinter's as they have higher impact but if they miss or you have the jump on them. You'll fire 5 rounds before they fire 1

plus Josh has the reload quick armor perk so you should see the full auto plus rapid reload.. He runs out of special ammo a lot

Thanks to the Sons for the super-fun VoG run. Inspiring to see full clan tags and matching emblems. Glad Tears and I were able to finish of the Templar two-manning it. We would've had a flawless raid, but somehow whatever went wrong was always Blaze's fault :p. Good times.

Thank you Wheel!

Man, sometimes I wish we all could just hang out in real life.

I know, man. I know.

LiK

Gotta be a troll cuz anyone who is serious about that sounds like a big asshole.

Haha that's so bad.

I also hate it when they require something like "3400+ grimoire score"

Like Wtf why does that even matter??

Guy sounds like a riot to play with.

I think you mean S U R O S R E G I M E.

Gotta be a troll cuz anyone who is serious about that sounds like a big asshole.

These are so true. They literally check your account to validate this stuff Hahaha. Even people asking for L34 for Normal VoG with max 365 weapons. That lfg really makes some people live in a ridiculous false reality, or whatever you call that.

MUST HAVE 1.5 K/D

Same guy barely has a 1.0. Love those LFG posts.

GhaleonEB

I've never attempted level 35 PoE.

Is there anything I need to do in advance besides get to level 34? Any vital tips for me?

1) Get to level 34.
2) Run it with at least one person familiar with the mechanics, unless you have time to invest in learning them.
3) Bring a good shotgun for shield captains, and lots of heavy ammo synth.
4) Do not run Skolas on Lightswitch week, which is every other week. This is Lightswitch week.

The Skolas fight is my favorite encounter in the game, but it requires very tight communication and patience.

I don't know why everyone doesn't do this. Almost all strikes can be completed in 5-10 minutes.

Some folks need to complete bounties, like the tears and stuff from each planet.
This.

or they're trying to have fun :)

And also, mostly, this. I play strikes because I like playing strikes. Having to decide which of the encounters I enjoy playing to skip - the ones my fireteam is blowing past, or the ones they'll clear out of I stay behind and fight - sucks. I usually just drop if people are skipping anything but the early public space sections.

lt519

I've never attempted level 35 PoE.

Is there anything I need to do in advance besides get to level 34? Any vital tips for me?

A lot of arc shielded captains, so a good arc shotgun is a good idea. There's one arc burn cabal round so beware the psion's attack. You'll really really want 365 attack weapons to be able to do a good amount of damage. A good 365 scout rifle is my weapon of choice for the Skolas and Servitor fight. Bladedancer, sunsinger, and defender are the classes of choice. Put your name on my Skolas School list and I'll run it with you this weekend if I get through everyone else. The Skolas fight is pretty detailed so you may just want to read previous posts on it or watch a video.

Thanks so much for the reply! I will try the usb adapter, as I am not convinced that is the root of my issues. I would have never in a million thought that an official sony product would cause so much issues, but ya never know!

I know it sounds like insanity, just try for a bit without the headset dongle unplugged to see how it goes before you do something drastic like send it back in, but by all means do the defrag. There could be a number of other causes that the headset is just uncovering, cracked case, cracked usb dongle for the headset, etc. Bluetooth is a very weak signal to begin with and is already in the busy 2.4 band.

Navy Bean

These are so true. They literally check your account to validate this stuff Hahaha. Even people asking for L34 for Normal VoG with max 365 weapons. That lfg really makes some people live in a ridiculous false reality, or whatever you call that.

I actually had a team boot me for sucking after we won the first match 5-0. I went something average like 5-5 and I knew I was in trouble when they both joined party chat and didn't invite me lol.

I didn't care except they at least should have the guts to say, "dude, you suck, this relationship is over..."

I actually had a team boot me for sucking after we won the first match 5-0. I went something average like 5-5 and I knew I was in trouble when they both joined party chat and didn't invite me lol.

I didn't care except they at least should have the guts to say, "dude, you suck, this relationship is over..."

I hate LFG for everything in this game. I use it for raids as a last measure thing but for tirials? Never. I would never do that to myself.

And also, mostly, this. I play strikes because I like playing strikes. Having to decide which of the encounters I enjoy playing to skip - the ones my fireteam is blowing past, or the ones they'll clear out of I stay behind and fight - sucks. I usually just drop if people are skipping anything but the early public space sections.

Same here, I enjoy the strikes and the overall gameplay thought out the entire game. I really dislike playing with randoms who skip as many encounters as possible to clear the strike in the Dragon playlist.

LFG is garbage. It's what caused the Gjallarhorn to be nerf. Kappa

Gratz! Does this mean we have to start calling you Master Robinson now?

Thanks! Yeah you can do that if you like ;)

Well at least you guys can hook up at Gamescom! :)

Yes that will be fun, it will be me, DJ, nooblet and Gala afaik.

Thanks to the Sons for the super-fun VoG run. Inspiring to see full clan tags and matching emblems. Glad Tears and I were able to finish of the Templar two-manning it. We would've had a flawless raid, but somehow whatever went wrong was always Blaze's fault :p. Good times.

It was surprisingly easy with the Necro, that was my first death right before the Templar died. I blame that on Blaze, his orb blinded me :p
Either way always fun to run with you guys. Playing with the Necro trains you at not depending on the Horn.

We did two quick HM Crota's, Grim was not happy with his 7th (?) Horn instead of the Crux...

Kyoufu

I think I enjoy Voidwalker more in Crucible than Sunsinger. Especially when I can get out of jail like this:

s87SYGm.gif

So what's the consensus on random maps for Trials? Did it raise the skill ceiling for the week? Lower it?

I haven't had time to play this weekend, is it worth trying to find a group for a mercury run tonight? I've never been and I feel like every week that passes by makes it less likely I'll ever go...

Top Bottom