• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Deku Tree

Hol-E shit~

$100 for flawless ToO?
$125 for 35 PoE?

WTF am I doing with my life?

The funny thing is they will charge you less if you just let them do it for you with your log-in info.

I think they just raised their Skolas prices too. I recall looking at that a few days ago and it being less.

Pretty crazy when they can carry three accounts at once with the users log-in info in ToO or Skolas and make 3x the money 3x as fast.

GutZ31

The funny thing is they will charge you less if you just let them do it for you with your log-in info.

I think they just raised their Skolas prices too. I recall looking at that a few days ago and it being less.

Pretty crazy when they can carry three accounts at once with the users log-in info in ToO or Skolas and make 3x the money 3x as fast.
Jesus, didn't even think of that. Fucking bank all day.

SonComet

I put it to a gambling mentality.
If you are weak to the forces of gambling addiction, then you will be %100 more likely to pay to win in pretty much any game, be it mobile, PC, or console.

I have a friend that payed $30 a pop for flawless ToO.
Hes done it at least 4 times.
He has spent $120 on ingame random chance drops, and didn't even pay the developers/publishers.
Wow. I googled it just to see. And it's $260 for 4 trials runs! I've been fortunate enough to go twice with unstable and 2-3 times with friends. Those prices are outrageous and I'm even more thankful for people like unstable that do this for free/donations.

It shouldn't be a surprise that people want to charge insane amounts to beat end game content. It's even more funny that the end game loot for HoW is not anything to go completely crazy about. I still have fun with most of my VoG weapons ;)

With that said, I'll charge $11
in Monopoly money
for completing a Trials Passage
and some free Passage Coins, most likely

I offer my services to help people even though I'm not great. I play with anyone and everyone in Trials. It's definitely helped me improve.

LTWood12

Yeah I noticed that. It made me sad.

radiohead1

Neo Member
Happy Monday, y'all. I hit a bit of a Destiny milestone this weekend. After finishing my third cipher, I now have every single exotic weapon in the game. (My luckiest drop was getting a Fourth Horseman from an Iron Banner match.)

I also got my third character to 34, so now have all three fully leveled.

It has been a lot of fun and a little frustrating, and there is no way I put in that kind of time without this awesome community. DGAF is the main reason I keep playing this game. I don't think I've ever had a bad experience in-game with anybody from this board. Just want to say thanks for being so fun and supportive.

lt519

Jesus, didn't even think of that. Fucking bank all day.

Yeah $300 for an 1 1/2 hours of work at most. I can't imagine they have that many buyers of that package to pipeline that well though. But maybe logging into two and playing on a third.

I remember Diablo leveling and gold services were silly expensive too. Surprised they don't have a leveling service to go from 1 to 34. There's definitely a market for that with people that want alts but don't want to put in the time.

Happy Monday, y'all. I hit a bit of a Destiny milestone this weekend. After finishing my third cipher, I now have every single exotic weapon in the game. (My luckiest drop was getting a Fourth Horseman from an Iron Banner match.)

I also got my third character to 34, so now have all three fully leveled.

It has been a lot of fun and a little frustrating, and there is no way I put in that kind of time without this awesome community. DGAF is the main reason I keep playing this game. I don't think I've ever had a bad experience in-game with anybody from this board. Just want to say thanks for being so fun and supportive.

Nice! It feels good to reach max and be able to do everything. I still have my 1 and only Cipher to do haha. I'll probably do a PoE today just to get some more credit on him.

GutZ31

Wow. I googled it just to see. And it's $260 for 4 trials runs! I've been fortunate enough to go twice with unstable and 2-3 times with friends. Those prices are outrageous and I'm even more thankful for people like unstable that do this for free/donations.

That's crazy, and awesome that you got flawless!
I am still in the no-flawless camp unfortunately.
Had 2 pretty good runs when ToO first opened for all, and got booted to the title screen at 8-0 and 7-0.

I just stopped trying after that.

lt519

Nice! I'm jealous! I'm still missing a Gally and a Necro. I don't chase it though, I imagine I'd have one by now if I did the Gorgon chests every week. Learned to live without a Gjallahorn and honestly became a better player without it.

Congrats Robinson!!! I'm really happy for you. Told my wife, "Robinson got his Masters!!!". She just starred at me blankly before asking " Who's is Robinson, your Dutch friend?". "Yes" -Grim. Her -" Aww how cute. You're glowing like a proud papa. Now go put the coffee on and take Miles out please."

Lol Grim, out of all the replies I got today this is by far the best one.
Thanks for making my day!

Congrats, my man! No one can ever take that away from you. Knew good things were coming for you with all the hard work you've been putting in. Keep it up!

Thank you Wheel!

Man, sometimes I wish we all could just hang out in real life.

MechDX

Did a hard mode VoG run with some friends last night and got:

Vex Mythoclast
Corrective Measure
Thunderlord
Praetorian Foil (this actually dropped for two of us in the raid at the same time)
Aspect of Glass ship
Warlock Helmet

Felt kind of bad getting a haul like this because a friend who was with me got no weapons and just a couple pieces of armor.

Ran PoE 34 afterwards and got my second cipher bounty as well

YES, just acquired another title in addition to GLord: Master of Science in Molecular Neuroscience!
I'm curious to see what shader/emblem I will receive for that trophy.

Whoa congrats! I know you posted you last got the job when it was iffy because of the different things going on, but glad you were able to work it out completely and get it all!

Your package will contain a
Mote of Light, with love <3

Whoa congrats! I know you posted you last got the job when it was iffy because of the different things going on, but glad you were able to work it out completely and get it all!

Your package will contain a
Mote of Light, with love <3

Thanks Xplicit! So glad it worked out indeed. I also expect a
Summoner
just for the hard work.

Last night I played a clash match where two or three people on the other team did some glitch. They were running around with no gun. I checked, and they had no primary equipped. What the fuck?

GutZ31

Last night I played a clash match where two or three people on the other team did some glitch. They were running around with no gun. I checked, and they had no primary equipped. What the fuck?
One of my friends deleted a character, started a new one, and never equipt a weapon leveling it up.

This is what he said, I don't know if I believe that, but he didn't have any weapons as well lol.

lt519

I would love some help. Never done Skolas before. I meet all the requirements

Awesome.

Skolas School:
1. SheHateMe
2. Boombloxer
3. Sengar
4. Inco (sunsinger warlock)
5. KINGofCRA5H-

Won't be starting officially until Friday evening (EST) but may sneak one or two in during the week, I'll post here and PSN message whenever I'm going to give it a go.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hol-E shit~

$100 for flawless ToO?
$125 for 35 PoE?

WTF am I doing with my life?

We used to run a similar service in WoW. we'd offer someone a spot in our 40 man raid and would charge them a fee. They would get a few raid items. We had people lining up.

Nighte

Awesome.

Skolas School:
1. SheHateMe
2. Boombloxer
3. Sengar
4. Inco (sunsinger warlock)
5. KINGofCRA5H-

Won't be starting officially until Friday evening (EST) but may sneak one or two in during the week, I'll post here and PSN message whenever I'm going to give it a go.

I would like to join some time if possible. Psn Nightzoor. Got the boss to 30% first time but no kill yet.

Just the sound of your degree sounds super interesting. Wish we weren't an ocean away from each other, because I'd love to buy you a cup of coffee and hear all about it.

Yeah I mentioned this a few posts up. Wish I could just walk out of the door and have some of DGAF finest nearby. I have no problem telling you in a PM or party chat though. WE still need to do some Trials together.

SGRX

I wonder how many people are willing to hand over their log-in details for something like this. I can't imagine actually paying for the service (much less sharing my login), but I would think half the point would be experiencing that content, rather than just waiting a couple hours for the drop to be available.

OK... I got this...

I'm now charging $20 a pop to carry anyone to a completely flawed 0-9 in trials.

Perfection is in the eye of the beholder and dammit if I'm not going to take advantage of some peoples' idea of perfection.

PM me to sign up. I'll include my paypal information at a later date...

... actually, now that I think about it, might be easier if you just give me your detailed bank account information. Also include your home phone number, address, names of immediate relatives, and a list of your fears.

Baliis

I wonder how many people are willing to hand over their log-in details for something like this. I can't imagine actually paying for the service (much less sharing my login), but I would think half the point would be experiencing that content, rather than just waiting a couple hours for the drop to be available.

A lot. When my WoW guild sold heroic lich king kills back in WotLK, we did the same thing. Was pretty funny playing some other guys spriest instead of my own one night and his guild giving him shit when the achievement popped up.

I'm sure Drizzey and Ruthless will have runs going though :D

DJ is out of commission for 4-5 weeks I believe, due to his travels for Gamescomm and hanging with fellow DGAF'ers, but I'm happy to sherpa runs any time a group comes together for it. I could try to set up a more regular time for it but I never know how much interest there is.

Drizz feel free to grab guys off the list for your own runs and/or we can team up to sherpa people through much faster.

This is great! Thanks for taking the time to type it up, good info.

I'm happy to sherpa Skolas runs whenever. Rawr was asking for Trials help now but I could do a run after if there are people for it.

DGAF is the main reason I keep playing this game. I don't think I've ever had a bad experience in-game with anybody from this board. Just want to say thanks for being so fun and supportive.

It always puts a smile on my face when people post nice things about DGAF :)

Did a hard mode VoG run with some friends last night and got:

The most impressive part of your loot drops is that you didn't get a Time Breaker sparrow...

123rl

If you are stupid enough to pay someone to beat Skolas then you deserve whatever happens. You are handing over your account details for everything on Xbox Live. I can't speak for anyone else but I would be risking £5000+ of content if I lost my profile.

Also, you are only getting the same loot you'd get from finishing a 32 and 34 PoE. I can do both in 3 hours, easily. wtf is wrong with people?!

If you are stupid enough to pay someone to beat Skolas then you deserve whatever happens. You are handing over your account details for everything on Xbox Live. I can't speak for anyone else but I would be risking £5000+ of content if I lost my profile.

Also, you are only getting the same loot you'd get from finishing a 32 and 34 PoE. I can do both in 3 hours, easily. wtf is wrong with people?!

If you send me $25 via PayPal, I'll tell you.

Random, but I heard Legend getting frustrated yesterday at Nghtly for the first time (Maybe it happened more, but first time I've seen it since I only occasionally visit). Nghtly handled it like a professional.

I'll probably be down for 1 trials run today. The only downside in map rotation are some are way longer than others. But I enjoy the change of location with every match.

OK... I got this...

I'm now charging $20 a pop to carry anyone to a completely flawed 0-9 in trials.

Perfection is in the eye of the beholder and dammit if I'm not going to take advantage of some peoples' idea of perfection.

PM me to sign up. I'll include my paypal information at a later date...

... actually, now that I think about it, might be easier if you just give me your detailed bank account information. Also include your home phone number, address, names of immediate relatives, and a list of your fears.

Now that's something I would pay a high price to see. Even with my great skill, I can't go 0-9 in trials. And I always believe if I can't do it, no one can.

btkadams

how would those destiny boosting services even work if you have shit guns/armour? you can be level 34 and able to access 35 poe while still having shit guns.

Izuna

Banned
Only TWO more things to get in this game...

1. Dry Rot 32
2. Bones of Eao (maybe)

This is a pic of everything I have saved up.

My Loadout Armour
For Bladedancer:

I only use Don't Touch Me gloves.
I don't use one in PvP and essentially no other exotic is worthwhile for PvE.

But I mostly use Gunslinger:

Celestial Nighthawk or Achlyophage Symbiote depending on the mission. Nighthawk is gimmicky tbh but it's fun. I rarely switch to it. For PvP, ALWAYS the Achlyophage -- unless it is 3v3 in which case I use Lucky Raspberry for a grenade every time I spawn or get revived.

Only other thing I change (apart from PoE gear) is my arms. I have 3 main ones... One that increases reload for Hand Cannons (for my Ill Will build), Special, and Heavy. I tend to use the increased heavy for PvE since most of my Specials have fast reloads anyway.

--

Weapon Loadouts
You can see the weapons I have but don't equip, but I always keep on me...

- Primary -

- Secondary -

- Heavy -

--

With the patch, I dunno what Primary PVP weapon I will use, or if I prefer a faster shooting shotgun etc. But I know for a fact that I use will the new Necrochasm and test out the NLB. Lord of Wolves sounds good too.

--

I FOUND IT! Dry Rot 32, after 39 Strikes I think

Rolled it with Void, Field Choke, Luck in the Chamber, Rifled Barrel and Full Auto

So basically the perfect shotty!

In the meantime I picked up a Hopscoth Pilgrim with Outlaw, Speed Reload and Reactive Reload. It's great, reloads almost instantly with the Pulse Rifle Speed Reload Perk (which is on the ame arm piece as the Heavy Reload Perk, so great for PvP). It's fully levelled now while looking for Dry Rot.

I am going to Level up my Dry Rot 32 while doing Nightfalls and levelling up a Mida for the sake of it. Of course at night.

noomi

Anyone here ever "rebuild the database" on their PS4? I'm probably going to try this as a last resort to fix my issue.

After a new controller, moving the ps4, moving my wireless router, making sure no interference is causing issues.... after all that... I am still having controller lag issues.

Keep getting input lag from the controller that completely ruins gameplay for me, happens to me during trials where I try to aim and the delay is sometimes 2-3 seconds long. Can't play like this....

Launch day ps4 :(

Hello everybody. 1st post here after lurking for some time, account only activated today. I signed up here because this community seems like a great place and I really don't want to resort to the LFG sites where you have people who don't even meet their own requirements.

Trials is my favourite content to play in this game but my IRL friends have pretty much given up on that because they don't enjoy it so have nobody to play it with :( I'm certainly nowhere near as good as Unstable/Nghtly(and never will be even half as good as those guys) but can certainly hold my own most of the time.

Will probably be looking at joining one of the many clans here. I'm based in the UK if that even matters.

lt519

Anyone here ever "rebuild the database" on their PS4? I'm probably going to try this as a last resort to fix my issue.

After a new controller, moving the ps4, moving my wireless router, making sure no interference is causing issues.... after all that... I am still having controller lag issues.

Keep getting input lag from the controller that completely ruins gameplay for me, happens to me during trials where I try to aim and the delay is sometimes 2-3 seconds long. Can't play like this....

Launch day ps4 :(

Wait! This started happening to me and it's 100% bluetooth related on the controller. I always thought it was internet lag when my girlfriend sat down next to me to stream with her iPad and it turns out it was her bluetooth was on and stomping on the controller's. She turned it off and it happens a lot more rarely, and when it does I just slide a little closer to the system. Also make sure you do not have a USB stick plugged into your PS4. I was about to do the same and it was driving me nuts, my new controller was worse than my old one so I'm guessing from controller to controller the bluetooth receiver/output varies. My PS4 is horizontal in a tv console behind a glass door, so it has a lot of things working against it. If yours is horizontal try turning it vertical. Also experiment by putting your phone/PC's in Airplane style modes. Resetting the controller will also give it a chance to pick a different channel.

Other symptoms were my voice breaking up in party chat's but others coming in crystal clear, dropped inputs, and delayed inputs.

Hello everybody.

Welcome! You on PS4 or XB1? The clans don't do so much besides getting the trophies, but just post whenever you want to play and you'll find a game fast!

Ok I've said this so many times, but today will be the day I finally export my videos from PS4 to an External HDD. I had an AWESOME 20 kill Trials match yesterday with some great moments that I couldn't record. (Including sniping a warlock while the door was closing, running to open the door and revive sniping their warlock, TWICE! He got revived then he used sunsinger, sniped him all 3 times. Twas epic)

Now that's something I would pay a high price to see. Even with my great skill, I can't go 0-9 in trials. And I always believe if I can't do it, no one can.

You underestimate me in Hard Mode (that's trademarked).

If you aren't aware, Hard Mode is where I either drink or take some other illicit substance and generally lose my marbles/memory for a period of time, typically during the most stressful portions of endgame content. Oh, I've also been known to fall asleep at the controller, too.

Top Bottom