• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

noomi

Good morning dgaf!

I feel like hunting some more grimoire. Need auto rifle kills 1,000, about 50 hydras, and 80 ogres. Net 15 points.... worth it? Meh.... but I want's it :p

Kyoufu

Good morning dgaf!

I feel like hunting some more grimoire. Need auto rifle kills 1,000, about 50 hydras, and 80 ogres. Net 15 points.... worth it? Meh.... but I want's it :p

I'm saving the auto rifle grimoire for when they buff Necrochasm. Going to use that thing a lot I imagine.

Nuszka

Good morning dgaf!

Seems like the weapon grimoire on weapons i am missing are shotguns and fusion rifles , my least used weapons. Still need ogres and hydra kills and some crucible kills mostly with my hunter which turns out i use the least - crucible hard mode activated lol. Oh and i almost forgot that infamous sidearm kills got like 200 of em :(

noomi

I'm saving the auto rifle grimoire for when they buff Necrochasm. Going to use that thing a lot I imagine.

you know what, that's actually not a bad idea I might just do the same then...

Seems like the weapon grimoire on weapons i am missing are shotguns and fusion rifles , my least used weapons. Still need ogres and hydra kills and some crucible kills mostly with my hunter which turns out i use the least - crucible hard mode activated lol. Oh and i almost forgot that infamous sidearm kills got like 200 of em :(

I think I have like only 70 sidearm kills lol, never!

Nuszka

Playing crucible right now and i told myself i will not use shotguns and any of the op'ed trio, holy moly!!! Mida is so much fun , next stop Hard Light lol.

So... guys

Skolas Round 4

Is that meant to just be a "bang your head against the wall" encounter or are their weapons that can actually kill in a reasonable amount of time

All the maxed weapons we used were still taking forever to kill and you really have a small window with the sheer number they threw at you.

We just ended up calling it a night >.<

I saw that some people were using Arc Shotguns to deal with the rare captains but thats so dangerous when you can die in 2 shots. Clearly some of you guys have this all figured out though

Share some tips if you can

noomi

So... guys

Skolas Round 4

Is that meant to just be a "bang your head against the wall" encounter or are their weapons that can actually kill in a reasonable amount of time

All the maxed weapons we used were still taking forever to kill and you really have a small window with the sheer number they threw at you.

We just ended up calling it a night >.<

I saw that some people were using Arc Shotguns to deal with the rare captains but thats so dangerous when you can die in 2 shots. Clearly some of you guys have this all figured out though

Share some tips if you can

It's all about add management and doing damage to Skolas in increments.

Here's what you need to know.

- Adds come out every 10% dmg you do to skolas, clear them before you damage him again.
- Essence shows up after 75% (stick together)
- Mines show up at 50% and 25%
- If you get overwhelmed by adds, rotate around the edge of the map and then back around.
- Captains are the biggest threat, when adds come out, burn them down first.
- Having a titan bubble, and hunter invis are very helpful

I've found that the best weapons to use for the encounter are, vision of confluence, found verdict, and gjallarhorn

*edit*

Deku just pointed out you were talking about round 4...woops. Is that the one with the servitor boss, or eliminate the target?

Deku Tree

It's all about add management and doing damage to Skolas in increments.

Here's what you need to know.

- Adds come out every 10% dmg you do to skolas, clear them before you damage him again.
- Essence shows up after 75% (stick together)
- Mines show up at 50% and 25%
- If you get overwhelmed by adds, rotate around the edge of the map and then back around.
- Captains are the biggest threat, when adds come out, burn them down first.
- Having a titan bubble, and hunter invis are very helpful

I've found that the best weapons to use for the encounter are, vision of confluence, found verdict, and gjallarhorn

I think DrROB is asking about R4 though not R6. That's destroy the target.

I think DrROB is asking about R4 though not R6.

His tips still apply and Ive been watching videos

We were worried we couldnt even do a SKolas fight if we couldnt take down adds effectively

We could definitely have finished it but it would have been a very long and drawn out battle.

I do have a few ideas of how we can tackle the fight more effectively

noomi

I think DrROB is asking about R4 though not R6.

His tips still apply and Ive been watching videos

We were worried we couldnt even do a SKolas fight if we couldnt take down adds effectively

We could definitely have finished it but it would have been a very long and drawn out battle.

I do have a few ideas of how we can tackle the fight more effectively

Woops, sorry haha. It's still early here.

Like Deku mentioned... you drop a bubble that blinds in front of the door that the target comes out of, and then just shotgun the target as quickly as you can. You can then move around to either the left side upper ledge or the back right corner ledge. If you get overwhelmed by adds, your team can rotate around the map... this gives you a chance to recover health and get away from the adds while they take their time chasing you around the area.

Deku Tree

The main thing to do in r4 to make it easier is drop a st14 blinding bubble in front of the door where the target comes out and shotgun them to death as quickly as you can.

Raybunny

This Iron banner is kinda full of... BS. Never had so bad scores. I can't feel it. Its not laging like the last time but something is fishy. (Or I got crappy in the past week 12h)

Thanks peeps for the runs though.

Waldini

Again ... I need some confirmation;

Does every IB weapon drop in Iron Banner? Or are it just the previous two? I've seen people claim to have received a Fellwinter (and other weapons) this IB. But ...I just need that confirmation before I start grinding for an IB shotty.

Raybunny

Does every IB weapon drop in Iron Banner? Or are it just the previous two? I've seen people claim to have received a Fellwinter (and other weapons) this IB. But ...I just need that confirmation before I start grinding for an IB shotty.

I've only seen this morning the heavy weapons. When most of the players are rank2 I recon we will see others.

Can only confirm that we have seen Jolder's Hammer and Radegast's Fury dropping today, as Ray said.

E92 M3

After playing the strike many times, I kinda think that the Shadow Thief is indeed one of the best right now. Really enjoy the pacing of it.

LiK

If IB is just as laggy tonight as last night, I'm skipping it entirely this week. It was so bad. Nothing hurt anyone and I kept dying suddenly.

I'll just play more Life is Strange instead.

MrDaravon

If I haven't cleared VoG/Crota on a character at all would I be able to do them on Hard if I joined someone else's game, or do I have to have cleared it with that character period on Normal first? I've only done both Normal on my Hunter thanks to DGAF.

Speaking of which, anyone up for either Normal or Hard either Raid tonight maybe? I've only done them each the one time but I have a general idea what's up so I think I could maybe do Hard with some minor assistance? Or I don't mind doing normal again. Now that I've got a taste of good gear (I got the boots/gloves from Crota and Vision of Confluence from VoG from my one clear) I want in on this, I don't have any of the really crazy stuff and I want to try to get powered up so I can do Skolas. I also still haven't done any PoE besides 28 with matchmaking and so I'm sitting on maxed out keys in the vault and nearing maxed out keys on all my characters >_>

PuMa

Struggled a bit through a NF carry last night with my lower-level friend. What was my reward? A No Land Beyond.

Yay!
mfyn5X0bhOHzW.gif

Pat_DC

If I haven't cleared VoG/Crota on a character at all would I be able to do them on Hard if I joined someone else's game, or do I have to have cleared it with that character period on Normal first? I've only done both Normal on my Hunter thanks to DGAF.

Not sure what your tonight is but if it fits in with my timings I might be up for that as well.
Haven't run any raids yet and would be great to get one in.

noomi

After playing the strike many times, I kinda think that the Shadow Thief is indeed one of the best right now. Really enjoy the pacing of it.

My favorite as well, hopefully we get more strikes like this with TTK.

Pacing, lenght, boss are all fun.

Can't login to Destiny.

Rocket League it is!

Edit: fuck! It let me in!

Sorry, Rocket League.

There were PSN login issues this morning, I think they might still be working on them.

Izuna

Banned
I don't understand...

Why do I prefer the Ill Will over the Fulcrum by so much?

It's like, Fulcrum is lighter and feels less weighty. I got the weapon specifically so that if I am up against a majority of Hunters I can switch to it and get better kills.

I dunno, I think Fulcrum having 7 bullets (with Small Bore) is the issue. I don't wanna reroll it to have 6, but... A 5 Bullet Ill Will is like my fav primary in the game for PvP.

More so than Thorn...

Managed to win consistently with my Hopscotch though. Outlaw and uh... The one that makes reloading cause more damage. It's nice. Speed Reloads with Arm Piece too, I definitely recommend it. Feels very rewarding to get a guaranteed 2 shot for your second kill.

E92 M3

Currently farming the Hydra in the black garden.

How many Hydra's per minute?

My favorite as well, hopefully we get more strikes like this with TTK.

Pacing, lenght, boss are all fun.

There were PSN login issues this morning, I think they might still be working on them.

Yes, especially since they are nerfing. If the bosses are not sponges, then I will be happy.

I don't understand...

Why do I prefer the Ill Will over the Fulcrum by so much?

It's like, Fulcrum is lighter and feels less weighty. I got the weapon specifically so that if I am up against a majority of Hunters I can switch to it and get better kills.

I dunno, I think Fulcrum having 7 bullets (with Small Bore) is the issue. I don't wanna reroll it to have 6, but... A 5 Bullet Ill Will is like my fav primary in the game for PvP.

More so than Thorn...

Managed to win consistently with my Hopscotch though. Outlaw and uh... The one that makes reloading cause more damage. It's nice. Speed Reloads with Arm Piece too, I definitely recommend it. Feels very rewarding to get a guaranteed 2 shot for your second kill.

I deleted 3 Ill Wills and have never seen another drop for me lol.

Namikaze1

Not bad, I might be able to do this pretty quickly. I need to kill about 60. Where are you farming them, and how? Kill/Wipe repeat?
Black Garden.

Towards the end of the mission.

I just run past the goblins, shoot the hydra and kill myself repeatedly. It takes 5 seconds to get to hydra from where you spawn if you're a skating Titan.

Top Bottom