• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Dunlop

Been out of town for a week, finally able to do my nf's and getting "destiny servers are unavailable" but I am able to login to psn

Maintenance?

noomi

Namikaze1

Just a few more hydras and off to VIP hunting. Ogres tomorrow. Trying to do Pulse Rifle grimoire while doing these. I hate that you need 10000 for this shit. I'm around 6300 so far.

noomi

Here's some of the grim cards I need.

wbHxeLW.jpg

What's weird is I'm absolutely positive that i completed more than 250 strikes during the great Hawkmoon Hunt of 2015. Do certain strikes, nightfalls, weeklies not give you credit or something. What gives?!

Namikaze1

What's weird is I'm absolutely positive that i completed more than 250 strikes during the great Hawkmoon Hunt of 2015. Do certain strikes, nightfalls, weeklies not give you credit or something. What gives?!
Vanguard strike playlists, weeklies, and Nightfalls don't count towards the grimoire card.

E92 M3

I've been doing this for 35 minutes. Went from 167 to 220.

That's very nice, I might do that.

Posting once more before i give up on this game. Can someone on XB1 help me get a weapon core?

You can add me (Trance Addix), but we play during the evening. Also, join Bad to the Xbone group on B.net.

Stupidly, strike playlists don't count. Only the ones triggered from the planet.

I don't think Nightfalls count. Generally it seems like 'shit you're going to do anyway' doesn't count. Basically the whole raid doesn't count for anything, except gatekeeper. With the way this game works, I figure they did it intentially to pad out more play time...

noomi

Vanguard strike playlists, weeklies, and Nightfalls don't count towards the grimoire card.

Stupidly, strike playlists don't count. Only the ones triggered from the planet.

I don't think Nightfalls count. Generally it seems like 'shit you're going to do anyway' doesn't count. Basically the whole raid doesn't count for anything, except gatekeeper. With the way this game works, I figure they did it intentially to pad out more play time...

Well shit....

E92 M3

Man, I think back to all of the grinding we had to do to just level one piece of weapon. Game has changed a lot, and I'm sure TTK will change it even further to make it a pleasant experience. I'm glad the days are gone where level was key and everyone looked the same. Now it's actually about the gear we own and not leveling up.

Cade

It's a weird choice to run all the Iron Banner servers off laptops in Antarctica but I'm sure Bungie knows what they're doing.

Nuszka

Something must be bugged on your end , there is no way i did more strikes then you, i have 274 done.
Edit: saw the posts above, makes sense.

kiguel182

I have a question, where can I get 42 light armour that isn't from the PoE armour core's?

I need one more piece but every legendary I find is 36.

EDIT: Also, does the more you stick to a Vanguard Playlist the better the rewards get or is the same chance every time?

PuMa

It's a weird choice to run all the Iron Banner servers off laptops in Antarctica but I'm sure Bungie knows what they're doing.

It's an old server on a rickety cart they wheel out every month when it's time to turn on the iron banana.

Man, I think back to all of the grinding we had to do to just level one piece of weapon. Game has changed a lot, and I'm sure TTK will change it even further to make it a pleasant experience. I'm glad the days are gone where level was key and everyone looked the same. Now it's actually about the gear we own and not leveling up.

I was just thinking about how we used to go to patrol to find chests and planet upgrade materials. Dark days.

I always wondered why Bungie used the excuse of 'we don't want players to sit in the same spot shooting into a cave'. Oh okay, but you want players drive from cave to cave over and over and over. Yeah I'm a fucking legend. Lol.

Destiny has come a long way.

PuMa

I have a question, where can I get 42 light armour that isn't from the PoE armour core's?

I need one more piece but every legendary I find is 36.

EDIT: Also, does the more you stick to a Vanguard Playlist the better the rewards get or is the same chance every time?

Two best options:
- Trials of Osiris, 5 wins gets you an upgraded purple armor piece
- Use an Etheric Light to upgrade an existing legendary armor

Gaf, Etheric light is hard to come by and I don't want to waste it.

So what is the best legendary scout rifle in the game? Want to know if the one I have is worth the upgrade.

void666

Banned
3x Nightfalls yesterday: etheric light, legendary engram (primary), last word. At least one of the guys in my group got his first Ghorn. I'm the only one still hornless.

Then i went to do some iron banner. I did pretty good this time. I changed my playstyle a bit. No suicide rushing and paying more attention to the radar. This and i'm more used to the maps. And of course i'm better at using the last word. Played like a maniac until 2 am.
Left IB with NL shadow 701X and party crasher +1.

Spent over 20k glimmer trying to get the perfect roll.

NL shadow 701X: full auto, smallbore (i wanted hand laid stock but this will do), zen moment. It's basically an auto rifle with high impact and range now. RoF is insane for a scout rifle. I have yet to test it in pvp.
One of the rolls i discarded had explosive rounds and firefly. It must be fun for pve.

Party crasher +1: agressive ballistics, shot package, rifled barrel, luck in the chamber. It's the exact roll i was looking for.

I didn't go to bed until i had both maxed. That was around 4am. Woke up 3 hours later. lol

Nuszka

Just looked at some of my grimoire cards, and there is no way i will farm for those points, it will be way to dull and boring. Id rather do it el naturel , embrace it...

hew9753

Played about 6-7 IB matches last night through random matchmaking and lost every single one. The other teams always had 3-5 members of the same clan while I assume my team was all randoms. I'd call myself a competent PVP'er at best and I was usually the 2nd best player on my team with about a 1.2-1.5 K/D. Half my team would always be in the extreme negative K/D, like .4 or .5. So damn frustrating. So yeah, might be time to get on some GAF IB trains....

Where are you going? Cold turkey?

I work on an Oil Rig. Just arrived an hour ago!

The internet is super shitty so even if I wanted to bring my PS4 out it would be a waste of time for Destiny, even remote play would be shitty.

I have thought of getting a 2nd PS4 and bringing it out here. Just use disc games on it. Not sure though.

I have a Vita too but I grudge paying what Sony want for their memory cards. It feels like daylight robbery considering there's nothing 'special' about them.

So yeah you could say I'm effectively 'Cold Turkey' on my gaming. I have Clash of Clans on my iPad tho >.>

This broadcast comes to you from the middle of the North Sea >.<

X-Frame

Did the Titan Iron Banner helm change or something?

I thought the Helm 2.0 for IB was supposed to be a knight-looking helm. Why is it just the regular Vanguard helm but with a decal?

E92 M3

I was just thinking about how we used to go to patrol to find chests and planet upgrade materials. Dark days.

I always wondered why Bungie used the excuse of 'we don't want players to sit in the same spot shooting into a cave'. Oh okay, but you want players drive from cave to cave over and over and over. Yeah I'm a fucking legend. Lol.

Destiny has come a long way.

And that's why we really needed to be rewarded for sticking through it. Destiny is one of the best shooters around now, and that's what really held it together this year.

Gaf, Etheric light is hard to come by and I don't want to waste it.

So what is the best legendary scout rifle in the game? Want to know if the one I have is worth the upgrade.

You cannot go wrong with Vision of Confluence.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Thanks gents. VoC has eluded me these many months, and is NOT that scout rifle I currently own.

I may settle for second place. What's next in the rankings?

Fang from Crota's End is a good second choice if you have that.

Yup, thanks to Unstable's Xbone-exclusive RNG luck he got a PvP scumbag Matador with Aggressive Ballistics/Shot Package/Rifled Barrel/Kneepads right out of the box from IB.

Are you serious? This fucking guy lol

After many weeks of Crucible, I finally got an Ash Factory...

maomaoIYP

I work on an Oil Rig. Just arrived an hour ago!

The internet is super shitty so even if I wanted to bring my PS4 out it would be a waste of time for Destiny, even remote play would be shitty.

I have thought of getting a 2nd PS4 and bringing it out here. Just use disc games on it. Not sure though.

I have a Vita too but I grudge paying what Sony want for their memory cards. It feels like daylight robbery considering there's nothing 'special' about them.

So yeah you could say I'm effectively 'Cold Turkey' on my gaming. I have Clash of Clans on my iPad tho >.>

This broadcast comes to you from the middle of the North Sea >.<

Oh man, that sucks. Clash of Clans is not an adequate substitute for Destiny. Stay warm up there man.

MrDaravon

The various Crucible wins ones, specifically the Rumble one, are preventing me from super seriously trying to get max Grimoire score. The Rumble one should at least count as a win if you're in the top 2/3 :/

Black Garden.

Towards the end of the mission.

I just run past the goblins, shoot the hydra and kill myself repeatedly. It takes 5 seconds to get to hydra from where you spawn if you're a skating Titan.

I think the Gate area on Mars is better.

The Hydra in on a ~30s timer. Kill mobs and repeat.

That's where I done mine anyway.

Oh man, that sucks. Clash of Clans is not an adequate substitute for Destiny. Stay warm up there man.

It really isn't :I

Cheers! Browsing GAF keeps me sane out here. It also makes me incredibly jealous of not being able to play and join in on stuff!

Especially when I'm gonna be out here when TTK releases. Will be over 2 weeks behind everyone by the time I get back :eek:

E92 M3

Yup, thanks to Unstable's Xbone-exclusive RNG luck he got a PvP scumbag Matador with Aggressive Ballistics/Shot Package/Rifled Barrel/Kneepads right out of the box from IB.

Wow - now that's RNG.

Thanks gents. VoC has eluded me these many months, and is NOT that scout rifle I currently own.

I may settle for second place. What's next in the rankings?

Better question is what do you own?

Definity

The various Crucible wins ones, specifically the Rumble one, are preventing me from super seriously trying to get max Grimoire score. The Rumble one should at least count as a win if you're in the top 2/3 :/

I think I have 1 rumble win. I just don't enjoy FFA play so that grimoire will never happen for me. I noticed I'm only on 49/50 strikes and didn't realize until a day or so ago you have to run strikes from the planet selection screen for them to count. Nightfall or heroics don't even count! :/

ich00

3 nightfalls, 3 deathsinger / Crota kills and one 34 PoE yesterday, with a side of Iron Banner and the best thing I got was a dup Ash Factory with horrible rolls.

Also ran into a full team of blink shotguners in the IB last night. Didn't work out too well for them tho, my team of mostly randoms beat them pretty solidly.

maomaoIYP

Cheers! Browsing GAF keeps me sane out here. It also makes me incredibly jealous of not being able to play and join in on stuff!

Especially when I'm gonna be out here when TTK releases. Will be over 2 weeks behind everyone by the time I get back :eek:

We'll still be playing TTK months after you return, you'll catch up in no time!

Did the Titan Iron Banner helm change or something?

I thought the Helm 2.0 for IB was supposed to be a knight-looking helm. Why is it just the regular Vanguard helm but with a decal?
House of Wolves came with the Iron Breed armor, which is all new, but the armor you're thinking of will be in The Taken King.

Top Bottom