• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Playing drunk in a drunk team is the best fun you can have in Crucible.

IB Drunk train FOREVER <3

But that would depend on the type of drunkard... If you are stuck with the depressive / crying types (me, so I try to avoid getting wasted), it would be terrible. Imagine crying all the match about how Gallajhorn will never drop or Thorn users on IB...

GutZ31

Whoever isn't shooting Gjallarhorn could use Thorn to block regen I suppose? Or a well chucked Sunsinger grenade with Viking Funeral for DoT. This really shouldn't be necessary though. It's only like 3 rockets to bring him down or 2 Horns. Or one Celestial Golden Gun in Normal :p

I have played with people that still failed with 2 gjallarhorns.
They were lazy, and didn't call out if they didn't have ammo, so it was totally their own doing.
I have also played with teams that no one had any good rocket launchers, 3 had VERY slow velocity, and the other 2 had Truth, and Dragons Breath.
The guy with Dragons Breath kept missing, and the 4 others had rockets so staggered, we could never get him to go down.

I asked for 2 of the lowest velocity rocket holders to switch to machine guns(the 3rd guy only had the rocket launcher), and we never had a problem downing Crota after that.

Good call on the Thorn btw. Rarely use that for PvE, but am sure someone without GHorn could make good use of it.

Good Crota suggestions from Gutz and Ocean. GHorn is definitely not required, just need steady damage. A machine gun or even a scout rifle like VoC works well, especially if it's a Hunter sword runner using invis to make timing his approach easier.

PuMa

Right now I think (desired element + Ambush scope + Hidden Hand + Casket Mag + Surplus) would be my PvE god roll, although I don't know how big Casket Mag actually is. I rolled one that had all of that except Speed Reload instead of Casket which should still be good. It has max reload speed when using Ambush scope, plus special weapon reload speed gauntlets make it super fast.

I don't really think you even need Hidden Hand on the Spear for PvE. You might be better off with Triple Tap. Performance Bonus is also a good option instead of Surplus. Stacking the ammo replenishment with that combo works really well.

WipedOut

Spear is dead for PvP like Ocean said. For PvE, read the post above I responded to Hudson since most of it still applies although you need Casket Mag instead of Field Scout. The stability decrease with CM shouldn't be a big deal on such a low RoF sniper, especially if you get a scope like Ambush that increases stability.

Right now I think (desired element + Ambush scope + Hidden Hand + Casket Mag + Surplus) would be my PvE god roll, although I don't know how big Casket Mag actually is. I rolled one that had all of that except Speed Reload instead of Casket which should still be good. It has max reload speed when using Ambush scope, plus special weapon reload speed gauntlets make it super fast.

Thanks, guess there would be no need to have two of them then.

Crucible has been atrocious lately.

All of destiny has been laggy for me, seems like the game has been running at 20FPS at times.

ethomaz

Banned
They were lazy, and didn't call out if they didn't have ammo, so it was totally their own doing.
I have also played with teams that no one had any good rocket launchers, 3 had VERY slow velocity, and the other 2 had Truth, and Dragons Breath.
The guy with Dragons Breath kept missing, and the 4 others had rockets so staggered, we could never get him to go down.

I asked for 2 of the lowest velocity rocket holders to switch to machine guns(the 3rd guy only had the rocket launcher), and we never had a problem downing Crota after that.
I didn't have these issues in my runs but the fact people didn't say they are out of ammo in the middle of the battle happened a lot.

I always says to tell me if you won't shot heavily to me shot 2 in sequence.

Ohhhhh and I got some lag/glitch issues where Crota shields didn't go down even after 3-4 gallys.

GutZ31

I didn't have these issues in my runs but the fact people didn't say they are out of ammo in the middle of the battle happened a lot.

Ohhhhh and I got some lag/glitch issues where Crota shields didn't go down even after 3-4 gallys.

When it lags and makes the gjallarhorn rocket just a tracking rocket, it only does the blast damage and no wolf pack damage.
It really blows when you are low on ammo/time, and it just doesn't do its job.

kiguel182

Par for the course

It was always like that :p

Crucible has been atrocious lately.

Part of the experience, the way its meant to be played.

Happens every Iron Banner sadly, affects regular crucible too it seems.

It's a good sniper if you get the right rolls. But Her Benev & Shadow of Veils are better IMO

So frustrating although I probably benefit from it at times. Still, doesn't make sense. Oh well.

ich00

That's another good point: communication.

You need to make sure everyone is talking though the parts: when knights are ready to be killed for orbs in the crystal room, checking to make sure everyone is ready to run out of the crystal room, calling out where the sword guy is and when he's down, calling out for rockets (this should be your sword ninja), and we usually do a callout for a the second volley of rockets. Then repeat for the second sword / third sword(if needed).

I ran Crota with a friend recently and he got a few LFGers to join and the first few times either no one was talking / wasn't listening. Turned out that the other 4 had never beat Crota on hard, so didn't understand the HM strat. Once that got worked out we had him down no problem.

Nuszka

It's a good sniper if you get the right rolls. But Her Benev & Shadow of Veils are better IMO

Forgot to add thats my 4th btw lol, you know what i do with them...On the last one i spent to many resources rerooling and got nothing of it, after that i stopped completely. Farming motes for tTK now.

noomi

There are only 3 weapons that I have not ascended (monte, hard lt, NLB) and I'm wondering if it's even worth it at this point?

Should probably wait until year 2 begins and ascend it that way...

ethomaz

Banned
The life of reforge...

- No more motes
- No more grimmer
- No more weapon parts

Over 400 rolls and I couldn't get one of these yet for that infamous Pulse Rifle:

Choice 1: Rangefinder, Third Eye and Braced Frame
Choice 2 Hidden Hand, Third Eye and Braced Frame

noomi

Over 400 rolls and I couldn't get one of these yet for that infamous Pulse Rifle:

Choice Perfect: Hidden Hand, Third Eye and Braced Frame

I spent too many motes to get this roll, I refused anything else. Many times I had the same roll but with hand laid stock or small bore. Braced frame or bust!

Hard Light might become a monster after the 2.0 buff

I'm hoping so, I really want to get into auto-rifles. Although I feel that scout rifles & pulse rifles will reign supreme after the 2.0 nerf/buff

IB is a mess. It should not lag like this every time it comes around. It's becoming a bit of a joke. Don't think I've played a game that was so susceptible to lag. Even SOCOM was manageable!

I spent too many motes to get this roll, I refused anything else. Many times I had the same roll but with hand laid stock or small bore. Braced frame or bust!

I'm hoping so, I really want to get into auto-rifles. Although I feel that scout rifles & pulse rifles will reign supreme after the 2.0 nerf/buff

Changes:
Increase base Stability to 80 (was 65)
Increase bounce count for Hard Light projectiles
Hard Light projectiles are not affected by Damage Falloff

Seems like the buff will make it pretty reliable afterwards. Ill be interested to see how the damage gets affected

The Crota fight can still be incredibly glitchy/laggy which I'm guessing is a hangover from the patch for the disconnect cheese, thankfully it takes about 3/4mins to do the whole thing now and not suffer ogres etc if you wipe

Hard Light might become a monster after the 2.0 buff

Hard Light could well be King come 2.0, I just need the bounty for SGA and the poxy Crux to drop and i'll have every Exotic at 365

PuMa

I

I'm hoping scout rifles become top tier. I've got a great collection of scouts. I've always been too attached to shard them.

ocean

Banned
The age of M I D A will be glorious. But I'll never use Pulse Rifles. I have 26 kills with them in PvP out of 24kish. Don't know how that number is so high, I'd have guessed 4-5 kills with Red Death. I wanna fast track past 26k kills so I can effectively say less than a thousandth of my kills are with those weird strange things people suddenly like.

ethomaz

Banned
I can't even buy motes because Xur is not ready :(

Grimmer I will farm on Gatekeeper CP soon.

No matter how much reroll I will do... I will get there... I did the same with R. Fury until get Hard Launch, Tripod, Javelin and G&H.

After that it will be the time for reroll the MG (BTRD - 345).

GutZ31

I shot mine a few times the other day. I forgot how big that gun is on the screen. We need a hardware revision for it.

The gun manufacturer for Hard Light must have been much better at making legendaries.
Omolon_logo.png

maxresdefault.jpg

CIYkpI8UEAAYo3-.jpg

1111.png

Untitled.png

Lnkn52

WYL is hilarious.

His mission for today is to "snipe" Bungie. He will final round them, and Tea Bag Deej.
Someone in his chat commented that Bungie bans people if they teabag them; WYL responds that he will sue Bungie if they do.

All LOLs, entertaining.

noomi

I can't even buy motes because Xur is not ready :(

Grimmer I will farm on Gatekeeper CP soon.

No matter how much reroll I will do... I will get there... I did the same with R. Fury until get Hard Launch, Tripod, Javelin and G&H.

After that it will be the time for reroll the MG (BTRD - 345).

Reforging is too addicting lol, I just can't stop once I start. I will not go under 1000 weapons parts though, those are for TTK :p

BTRD is awesome, mine has aggr balls, hidden hand, braced/snapshot, and rodeo (would have preferred range finder though)

Trakan

Reforging is too addicting lol, I just can't stop once I start. I will not go under 1000 weapons parts though, those are for TTK :p

BTRD is awesome, mine has aggr balls, hidden hand, braced/snapshot, and rodeo (would have preferred range finder though)

A lot of people are really low, they'll definitely address it by then.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Mine has that but with rangefinder-got super lucky only took like 3 rolls I believe. I need to use it more outside of IB machine lord bounty

Rolling a Her Benevolence pretty much bankrupted my stocks, and it's not even a god roll, still fairly good though.

ethomaz

Banned

I did the Zoba's weapon parts farm last week two times to get over 300 parts... I will do every week after trials get up to reach a good amount for TTK.

Edit - Got another Matador drop right now... I have one with the right rolls missing only Kneepads... I should resist to try reforge this new one with Kneepads... I need to.

Liamc723

I just reached level 34 for the first time, which I'm pretty happy about!

So, in between now and TTK, is there anything else I could be doing to better my character? Or is creating a new character in a different class a good idea?

Nuszka

Thats what i am talking about. Everyone is wasting their resources on weapons that might or not be useless when tTK lunches. I stopped doing it like over a month ago, currently i am trying to focus on upgrading some weapons like Hard light (using it agains LW or Thorn is a pain).

That ends the drop table because I never see more than 2 different IB weapons dropping in the same week.

I can be wrong too.
I've seen a shit load of BLDG machine guns. And some kind of fusion rifle. Along with the Spare Change pulse.

I could be misunderstanding the question though.

Edit: yep. Sorry.

LiK

So, in between now and TTK, is there anything else I could be doing to better my character? Or is creating a new character in a different class a good idea?

Make a new character. New subclasses and class weapons coming

Anastasis

New character for sure. I only had a Titan for a long while and should have had a second character earlier. Now I have all 3!

noomi

I did the Zoba's weapon parts farm last week two times to get over 300 parts... I will do every week after trials get up to reach a good amount for TTK.

Edit - Got another Matador drop right now... I have one with the right rolls missing only Kneepads... I should resist to try reforge this new one with Kneepads... I need to.

I have a party crasher with kneepads, and honestly I don;t really use it that much.

Luck in the chamber is very good as well, I forgot who told me (maybe Macello) that luck in the chamber also adds a 20% boost to range for the one shot?

Congrats! I would try to get the character geared, and if you have it in my make another class :) There will be lots of new content coming with TTK, and in order to take full advantage you might want to have another class.

ethomaz

Banned
Thats what i am talking about. Everyone is wasting their resources on weapons that might or not be useless when tTK lunches. I stopped doing it like over a month ago, currently i am trying to focus on upgrading some weapons like Hard light (using it agains LW or Thorn is a pain).
Except three or four gears all my Exotics are fully upgraded already.
Right now I'm working in all Event Legendary Weapons (VoG and CE are fully upgraded too).

I have nothing to do :p

Top Bottom