• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

Liamc723

Make a new character. New subclasses and class weapons coming

New character for sure. I only had a Titan for a long while and should have had a second character earlier. Now I have all 3!

Congrats! I would try to get the character geared, and if you have it in my make another class :) There will be lots of new content coming with TTK, and in order to take full advantage you might want to have another class.

A new character it is then!

GutZ31

I just reached level 34 for the first time, which I'm pretty happy about!

So, in between now and TTK, is there anything else I could be doing to better my character? Or is creating a new character in a different class a good idea?
New character is your best option.

If you have titan or warlock, make a hunter for a very different experience.
If you have hunter already, titan is a nice warm up to getting into warlock.
Warlock is great, but dem floaty jumps are a pain for me.
I have enough strange coins to buy 4,400 heavy ammo packs from Xur OMG.

YOU COULD KILL SKOLAS LIKE..... 5 TIMES!

E92 M3

Having one of each character is the best thing you can do in Destiny. Yes, it's more work, but the experience playing is greatly increased.

Nuszka

Having one of each character is the best thing you can do in Destiny. Yes, it's more work, but the experience playing is greatly increased.

Totally agree with that. Remember when i started the game thinking there is no way i will have the time to grind 2 other classes, how wrong i was lol.

Thanks. That sucks. I'm late to the IB train, but I'm a gun collecter. Just need a Felwinters and I can leave IB alone.

I said earlier but every weapon can now drop, I cant find anything on Bungie.net but Gothalion put up a vid a couple of months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcYxG4X0iX4

Best thing I did with this game, it may not seem it from outside but playing your 3rd NF of the week with a Titan instead of a Warlock for the 3rd time makes a huge difference.

Reading comments for a ign trys to do flawless raider on crota video. They failed. Get reked scrubs. Come at us superior flawless atheon raiders.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icyqo-fOuRs

I always try to fight the urge to sound too "elitist" about doing things in this game since I know most people don't have as much time to play as me, or just aren't as interested in attempting this stuff. But man that's painful when the description talks about their "A+ crew" and they can't do something in 2.5 hours that we bust out with 3 people in 30 minutes. It's just rough when people at huge websites like IGN are so bad at the game since I worry they'll misrepresent it to a very large audience.

I've read that Casket Mag only adds 1 bullet to a sniper and no reserve ammo.

Ouch. That's inexcusable if true, what a waste. I'll still level the one I have to confirm it but sounds like Speed Reload is a way better option and that OG Spears will be amazing as long as they don't nerf Field Scout too hard.

Kinda like... the final damage will be the same but they will change how the DoT works making it hard to kill you in 2 headshots + DoT.

im interested to see how effective the 5X stack is for PVE

It also is subject to the overall hand cannon nerf so yeah

Its probably gonna lose most PVP encounters without cover since it has slow firing rate.

LiK

I've been using Monte Carlo all day in IB to practice my throwing knife skills. It's been real fun using an auto rifle again, and it's a surprisingly fat killer at mid range. If it gets a buff... Look out!

MC wasn't bad in PVP before 2nd AR nerf. The buff will definitely make it viable again.

Definity

I'm hoping scout rifles become top tier. I've got a great collection of scouts. I've always been too attached to shard them.

Would love to see scout rifles make it to the top. Curious how my full auto NL shadow and other legendary scouts will do after the 2.0 weapon update.

noomi

Are there any activities that have a higher chance of dropping Hawkmoon?

Everything has the same chance.

- Gorgon Chest
- Mercury Chest
- PoE Chest
- Deathsinger
- Crota
- Atheon
- Nightfall
- Trials 6 Package
- Trials 8 Package
- Crucible
- Iron Banner
- Strike Playlists

Am I missing anything here guys?

^ No. None of the PoE or Trials weapons are rollable.

How does Her Mercy stacks against Hawkmoon, is it a good weapon?

Always depends on the perks, but even the best rolled Legendary HC can't stack up to the Exotic HCs currently. TTK weapon balances may change that though. Afaik there's nothing terribly special about Her Mercy.

LifEndz

Not really worried about vault space, TBH. They're not going to double the weapon/gear count and keep the storage space flat.

Here's hoping you're right. I mean, this is the same company that thought shot package and hammer forged on a shotgun was a good idea.

They will have to have some kind of storage solution - won't believe that the vault is all we get.
I believe Deej's comment on the vault matter was that we would have to pick and choose what weapons we want to carry over from Year 1. Might be implying that they won't bother giving us more space but have us pick and choose the stuff we really want to hold on to.

r55p3R7.gif

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I believe Deej's comment on the vault matter was that we would have to pick and choose what weapons we want to carry over from Year 1. Might be implying that they won't bother giving us more space but have us pick and choose the stuff we really want to hold on to.

r55p3R7.gif

That is really stupid. How hard can it be to make some more storage space.

Nuszka

r55p3R7.gif

Hope its not the case.

The last gen console thing seems like a lame excuse. If you want it to be 'fair' then just make it a $5 thing or something.

"Upgrade your vault storage to 1000 for just $5! Only available on Ps4 and Xbone"

Navy Bean

I'm sure one of you techno-geeks can explain why the old systems can't handle more vault space but it makes no sense to me. There are tons of RPG's on the old systems with page after page of inventory items/space... I assume it has to do with how the game manages inventory...

lt519

Skolas School:
1. SheHateMe
2. Boombloxer
3. Sengar
4. Inco (sunsinger warlock)
5. KINGofCRA5H-
6. Nightzoor
7. Reluctant-hero (courtesy of drizz and bomb)
8. matmanx1
9. DeviantBoi
10. Dark1421
11. juanbumo
12. Samphire
13. DaveS78
14. gmrtom7
15. TheWorthyEdge
16. Unknown_Hero (courtesy of Soss and ReignofSparrows)
17. ori0n378e

I think I'll have time tonight for another, starting at 8:00 EST. If your on the list speak up and I'll start sending PSN messages around then.

I second this question. I'd like to have a good pve spear.

Read the discussion in the last page :p

Although it sounds like Casket Mag might be garbage. I think having the element you want is most important (probably Arc or Void since BHam exists and will still be good post-nerf imo just not god tier). Surplus is excellent for the last perk and I think Speed Reload will be very nice in the middle column given the small mag. Performance Bonus is also nice for the last perk, but getting extra heavy per pack is hard to beat with Surplus. I'm mainly using Spear to DPS bosses, not kill a bunch of trash where PBonus would proc more.

For the first perk, I know that Hidden Hand's value is debated but I've personally seen it give me head shots that clearly weren't headshots when re-watching my saved videos. Frankly I don't believe that Planet Destiny video that tried to claim it was borderline useless. It's not a good test to have some goofball stand stationary while you shoot near his head. It doesn't replicate real game usage.

Besides HH, Outlaw is always decent although once again it doesn't play to Spear's strengths of boss DPS. Personally I don't like Triple Tap especially if you're stuck with a 3 mag since you'd have to crit every shot just to get one extra round before reloading. All of the first perks are debatable I guess.

Everything has the same chance.

- Gorgon Chest
- Mercury Chest
- PoE Chest
- Deathsinger
- Crota
- Atheon
- Nightfall
- Trials 6 Package
- Trials 8 Package
- Crucible
- Iron Banner
- Strike Playlists

Am I missing anything here guys?
Technically VoG would have a higher chance since the exotic loot pool is smaller.

Top Bottom