• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

I'm not the best, and lvl 33 warlock, but I need etheric light pretty badly :(

I have 3 keys lol

If anybody patient and with great skill, wants to help me out shoot and invite.

Pacificsun0481

PS4 (on now)

Wait...

so I've been mashing my R2 trigger with The Last Word and wondering why I'm not seeing much success...

then my friend tells me it has auto fire....

..............oh.................

It's actually better to tap the trigger and aim for the head than auto fire

atleast that's what I'm told lol I spray and pray for days

zewone

Wait...

so I've been mashing my R2 trigger with The Last Word and wondering why I'm not seeing much success...

Mashing is the preferred method for accuracy.

Auto-fire is mostly not recommended, but I used it after many months of mashing since I broke my first DS4's R2 trigger using it too often and my second DS4 was on it's way to getting loose.

ocean

Banned
Wait...

Actually in my experience Auto Fire is only effective at close range. Farther out you want to tap your shots manually. Don't quit on it. It's a strange weapon that the game doesn't quite prepare you for because there's nothing like it. But once you get used to it? Hard going back to anything else.

What's the best Elder Cipher weapon? I think they're all kind of rubbish, right? Just finished the bounty and I'm not sure which one to pick..

My vote goes to Lord of Wolves

Solar Damage, high Impact, Burst fire shotgun.

Also its getting a nice little buff to group recovery.

Cade

Iron Banner is depleting my soul because half of the people don't seem to get that it's an objective mode. Does anyone want to group up for a while?

E92 M3

A PvE Speer must have surplus. It is like having ruin wings for every class except it works.

Watch them fix surplus in TTK. I don't think the current behavior of the perk is intended.

Surplus is one of the most underrated perks in Destiny I think.

4. Mercury chest in my experience has a very high Exotic drop rate.

Having gone 3x per week myself plus lots of extra trips helping others, I'd say the opposite is true. I haven't paid that much attention to how many exotics I've gotten total but it hasn't stood out as being higher than Gorgons or PoE. I got Nothing Manacles on Mercury this week and Ram from PoE fwiw.

How many weeks has HoW been active now? I'm trying to think of all my Mercury exotics but I doubt it's been even 5x. People like Unstable, Wicked and Rubenov would have larger sample sizes to draw from since they've played more than 2x as many games but nobody has been documenting it so it'll be sloppy stats at best.

PuMa

This thread is disgusting... we really need 2 threads for destiny. One for discussing the game, and one for matchmaking...

You can't hold a conversation in this thread... it moves 10+ pages per day.

We should not be on |OT| #26 for crying out loud...

Any time we try to open a new thread to discuss the game, it just gets locked...

Blasphemy.

Edit: There actually was a separate thread just for grouping, but it wasn't very active. This is a community thread, so it's going to...commune. And the threads that get created on the gaming side are ridiculous.

ocean

Banned
Having gone 3x per week myself plus lots of extra trips helping others, I'd say the opposite is true. I haven't paid that much attention to how many exotics I've gotten total but it hasn't stood out as being higher than Gorgons or PoE. I got Nothing Manacles on Mercury this week and Ram from PoE fwiw.

How many weeks has HoW been active now? I'm trying to think of all my Mercury exotics but I doubt it's been even 5x. People like Unstable, Wicked and Rubenov would have larger sample sizes to draw from since they've played more than 2x as many games but nobody has been documenting it so it'll be sloppy stats at best.

I should have phrased that as "in my extremely limited experience" :p

I've been to Mercury 6 times and gotten 4 Exotics. Thought it was normal. It's been 10 weeks so anyone going 3x every time should be at 30 mercury visits this weekend by my count. More if you're insane and delete characters/play on both platforms.

zewone

I got 3 exotics the first week, I thought it was guaranteed.

Since then I received 5, 8 in total.

That's with going 3x a week mostly.

I'd say the chances are pretty high, at least it feels higher than Gorgon's or any other exotic drop.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I'm not the best, and lvl 33 warlock, but I need etheric light pretty badly :(

I have 3 keys lol

If anybody patient and with great skill, wants to help me out shoot and invite.

Pacificsun0481

PS4 (on now)

I'm doing iron banner for a while but possibly later if you haven't found anyone I'll join you

LiK

Mercury has given me zero exotics. I have better luck with Silver packages. PoE has only given me an exotic for the first time I completed it. Exotic drops from those two areas has been pretty bad for me.

To add another stupid/newbie question on the Raid stuff; I get the reward differences, but I'm not clear on how people keep and pass around checkpoints exactly. Does someone just get to that checkpoint on a alt character, then leaves it so he can just give it to others?

Your question kinda got lost in the shuffle, lots of discussion happening now probably since not as many people are playing, haha.

People like myself that play over the weekly reset (5 am EST) keep a character logged in to a checkpoint (CP) just before reset. Then a friend will log in just after reset and join my game. Make sure to wipe and reload once (twice to be safe), and the CP is now saved for the new week. I can log out and log back in to update my CP for the new week by joining my friend's game. You can also pass the CP to your other characters as long as a friend stays in the game to hold it.

Once the CP is updated for the new week, we can save it and pass it amongst the community here. Common CPs are Hard Oracles or Hard Gorgons in VoG, plus Hard Crota in CE. These CPs save people a lot of time if they just want to clear specific content instead of entire raids.

E92 M3

Mercury has given me zero exotics. I have better luck with Silver packages. PoE has only given me an exotic for the first time I completed it. Exotic drops from those two areas has been pretty bad for me.

I got my Bones from Mercury chest randomly. So thankful.

Lnkn52

Your question kinda got lost in the shuffle, lots of discussion happening now probably since not as many people are playing, haha.

People like myself that play over the weekly reset (5 am EST) keep a character logged in to a checkpoint (CP) just before reset. Then a friend will log in just after reset and join my game. Make sure to wipe and reload once (twice to be safe), and the CP is now saved for the new week. I can log out and log back in to update my CP for the new week by joining my friend's game. You can also pass the CP to your other characters as long as a friend stays in the game to hold it.

Once the CP is updated for the new week, we can save it and pass it amongst the community here. Common CPs are Hard Oracles or Hard Gorgons in VoG, plus Hard Crota in CE. These CPs save people a lot of time if they just want to clear specific content instead of entire raids.

Incredible, you got this down to a science.

noomi

I tried to play Ryse Son of Rome on my PC yesterday, and after an hour I already missed Destiny.

I just can't let go!

I got 3 exotics the first week, I thought it was guaranteed.

Since then I received 5, 8 in total.

That's with going 3x a week mostly.

I'd say the chances are pretty high, at least it feels higher than Gorgon's or any other exotic drop.

Definitely not guaranteed the first time, like Lik said some people have never gotten exotics. Some first timers I've taken didn't get exotics.

Unfortunately all this stuff falls into the "noise" category of bad stats and small sample sizes. We'd have to organize a much larger scale documentation and I don't think anyone cares that much, haha.

Incredible, you got this down to a science.

Lol, somebody has to be in charge or else we'd lose the CPs every week :p

Kyoufu

Actually in my experience Auto Fire is only effective at close range. Farther out you want to tap your shots manually. Don't quit on it. It's a strange weapon that the game doesn't quite prepare you for because there's nothing like it. But once you get used to it? Hard going back to anything else.

So I should mash? Okay.

MrDaravon

Ah that makes sense, was more or less what I was thinking but using the reset in that fashion prevents people from having to play again up to that point. I'm still so early on I would probably want to still run all of both Raids on Hard, but having the normal checkpoint for Crota would be handy (normal VoG seems useless mostly). Thanks!

We had a separate matchmaking thread for a while. Just wasn't used much.

If the game allowed matchmaking, then this wouldn't be an issue. But apparently Bungie thinks it is not in our best interest to allow us to use matchmaking on content we've all completed 1000 times, e.g., a nightfall.

The game really should have had a built in LFG. It would make most everyone happy. Some people say MM would totally ruin Raids, others say we need it. There better be LFG built into Destiny 2.

noomi

I've had 5 exotic weapons drop for me from the Mercury chest. 2 gjallahorns, 2 hawkmoons, and 1 dragons.

I'd say if your looking for a certain weapon, your chances will be greater if you maximize your exotic loot chances from every source. If you have the time... and patience :p

Although we all know how long it took me to get that hawkmoon... and LiK even longer :eek:

The game really should have had a built in LFG. It would make most everyone happy. Some people say MM would totally ruin Raids, others say we need it. There better be LFG built into Destiny 2.

Someone a while back suggested we have some sort of system in the tower, where you can flag yourself as LFG or LFM. I thought it was a great idea.

Top Bottom