• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

matmanx1

I finally got a MIDA-Multi tool from last night's NF. It was a smooth run considering the arc burn. My Arc Efrideet's Spear with Final Round was extremely handy.

In other news and for some reason I find myself completely unmotivated to do Iron Banner this week. Maybe it's because I can do PoE lvl 34 every week and Etheric Light isn't so hard to come by nor is good armor.

Thinking about the grind and the lag and the Thorn spam just kills my motivation.

Hah! That was great, perfect song choice and timing too.

BIGGIE SMALLS, EAST COAST REPRESENT.
Yeah, people from New York LOVE people from Jersey.
I have a party crasher with kneepads, and honestly I don;t really use it that much.

Luck in the chamber is very good as well, I forgot who told me (maybe Macello) that luck in the chamber also adds a 20% boost to range for the one shot?
I did not tell you this and I've never heard it.

I finally got a MIDA-Multi tool from last night's NF. It was a smooth run considering the arc burn. My Arc Efrideet's Spear with Final Round was extremely handy.

In other news and for some reason I find myself completely unmotivated to do Iron Banner this week. Maybe it's because I can do PoE lvl 34 every week and Etheric Light isn't so hard to come by nor is good armor.

Thinking about the grind and the lag and the Thorn spam just kills my motivation.

Same, but it's a ton of fun with a full DGAF train. People actually talk and know what they are doing! Randos ruin everything.

Definity

What's the general consensus on the eye of sol sniper rifle in PVP? I finally used it last night and really enjoyed playing with it. Don't think it has enough impact to revive snip though, right?

noomi

Bungie Bounty - Dames of Destiny Edition
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=13296

Looks like live play where bungie devs play PVP with the community

Oh nice, I had no idea about this, could be fun to watch. Thanks :D

You've got yourself a nice scout rifle there guardian, will be even better when weapon tuning 2.0 hits.

As for IB..... I usually don't bother either, the lag makes me not want to play it.

So Grim's Arc Spear was doing more damage to the tank than my Patience & Time.

The Spear is the only IB weapon I've yet to obtain. I got salty about it after I had 2 IB rank 5 chars way back when there wasn't an Alt Buff and they had Auto Rifle bounty, and only the IB Auto Rifle dropped for me 5 times.

I think it's time to grab a couple Spears.

1 spot open in ps4 nf with grim and I

edit full

I'll go

dunlop75

Anyone for Nightfall?

Edit: i'll join you xplicit.

Thanks for the NF runs you guys. Always great running with DGAF. Now about these rewards...

WTF Bungie, 3 Gjally's in the past 6 days. That brings my count to either 11 or 12, I forget exactly. Gonna just keep collecting em and do a mass sharding.

#4evercruxless

matmanx1

Shotguns without shot package or range finder still kill with ridiculous ease.

I feel that shoguns shouldn't be a one shot kill at all, unless every pellet hits the brain.

What's wrong with a two shot minimum body shot kill?

Because I can punch you and kill you in the same time as two shotgun blasts from about the same range after the nerf? Shotguns would be effectively useless in PVP at that point. 1 shot from close range should be their forte.

After taking a break, I resumed the VIP hunt. 14 left to go.

I finished my VIP and public event grimoire last week. I'm finishing up Pulse Rifle and Warlock PVE and then I will just have Titan PVP, Warlock PVP, and really just Rumble and Salvage left as huge buckets to do. Trying to see if I can max out grimoire before TTK.

Namikaze1

I finished my VIP and public event grimoire last week. I'm finishing up Pulse Rifle and Warlock PVE and then I will just have Titan PVP, Warlock PVP, and really just Rumble and Salvage left as huge buckets to do. Trying to see if I can max out grimoire before TTK.
I just need the following:

Pulse Rifle rank 3 (getting it done this week)
Skirmish and Salvage Rank 3
Warlock PvP rank 3
Hunter PvP rank 2 and 3
Ogre rank 3 (hopefully get it done tomorrow)
Rumble all ranks
VIP (almost done)
And Double but it's bugged.

I see myself getting all but Rumble (and Double for obvious reasons) before Taken King.

phen0m24

Because I can punch you and kill you in the same time as two shotgun blasts from about the same range after the nerf? Shotguns would be effectively useless in PVP at that point. 1 shot from close range should be their forte.

So like, not Felwinter's "next zip code" range? That would be nice. I have no problem if I come around the corner and get taken out by a CQB shotgun. But when the guy is 20 or 30 yards away killing me with Felwinter's.... ugh not so much

Luck in the chamber is very good as well, I forgot who told me (maybe Macello) that luck in the chamber also adds a 20% boost to range for the one shot?

Had to go way back to quote this, but that was me. I am currently struggling to find where I saw that percentage quote, but it was definitely in a Reddit shotgun analysis thread.

The best I can find in a cursory look is the comment from Pwadigy in this thread which lays out that LiTC and FR are the only ways to significantly boost range beyond the wall that all the top tier shotguns hit with decent rolls.

Regardless of the actual percentage increase to one shot range, LiTC and FR are the only ways to get shotgun snipes that exceed the (already stupid) range everyone is normally killed at.

Cozmo has a relatively low grimoire score. Hopefully, it's not another community manager that isn't a core Destiny player.

Well he is using crouch invis instead of Hungering Blade in PvP, so that's another strike. Unless he's using Kherpis Sting which would be another strike anyway. PvP invis is just bad all around.

Okay, what is the deal with the Grimoire score obsession I've been noticing lately? People farming PVE content, score comparisons, etc.

Is there another "moments of triumph" type deal for clearing/maxing the year 1 Grimoire that I don't know about?

Okay, what is the deal with the Grimoire score obsession I've been noticing lately? People farming PVE content, score comparisons, etc.

Is there another "moments of triumph" type deal for clearing/maxing the year 1 Grimoire that I don't know about?

There is no tangible benefit whatsoever to farming Grimoire. People have just run out of things to do so it's another completionist objective for people that want something to do.

Karl2177

It's just another bar to fill for the time being.

I just need the following:

Pulse Rifle rank 3 (getting it done this week)
Skirmish and Salvage Rank 3
Warlock PvP rank 3
Hunter PvP rank 2 and 3
Ogre rank 3 (hopefully get it done tomorrow)
Rumble all ranks
VIP (almost done)
And Double but it's bugged.

I see myself getting all but Rumble (and Double for obvious reasons) before Taken King.

I need:
Titan PVP rank 3
Warlock PVP rank 2 & 3
Side Arm rank 1,2 & 3
Rocket launcher rank 3
Ogre rank 3
Skirmish rank 2 & 3
Rumble rank 1,2 & 3
Salvage rank 1,2 & 3
VIP rank 3
Public Events rank 3

I'm currently using IB to work on warlock PVP and rocket kills. Just slowly working through the rest. VIP and Public Events look too daunting at minute

E92 M3

Well he is using crouch invis instead of Hungering Blade in PvP, so that's another strike. Unless he's using Kherpis Sting which would be another strike anyway. PvP invis is just bad all around.

Well, he is not too bad at PVP - could be worse. Invis in PVP is most for just fun shenanigans, but not anything serious. Way too loud and easy to see anyway.

noomi

Had to go way back to quote this, but that was me. I am currently struggling to find where I saw that percentage quote, but it was definitely in a Reddit shotgun analysis thread.

The best I can find in a cursory look is the comment from Pwadigy in this thread which lays out that LiTC and FR are the only ways to significantly boost range beyond the wall that all the top tier shotguns hit with decent rolls.

Regardless of the actual percentage increase to one shot range, LiTC and FR are the only ways to get shotgun snipes that exceed the (already stupid) range everyone is normally killed at.

Right haha, when we played with XO, I remember now. I had an impossible shot that I shouldn't have been able to get because I knew I was way too far and I did.... couldn't understand why lol

Either way, I'm loving LiTC :D

We are just bored, and trying to find stuff to do :p I am anyway hehe

One of my friends is obsessed with it lately, spending hrs repeating siege of the warmind to get the sidearms/pulse grimoire etc etc, crazy stuff

Mines at 3050 mainly because I've only collected 27/75 ghosts, 23 more and I get Guardian Lord, same with Golden Chests I need 8 more for the Triumphs but really haven't got it in me to get them

Lnkn52

I have an irrational desire for them to lose every match at this point, lol.

lol, you're a real nice guy, I'm shock to hear you say that.

Train%20Wreck%20One.gif

matmanx1

So Grim's Arc Spear was doing more damage to the tank than my Patience & Time.

The Spear is the only IB weapon I've yet to obtain. I got salty about it after I had 2 IB rank 5 chars way back when there wasn't an Alt Buff and they had Auto Rifle bounty, and only the IB Auto Rifle dropped for me 5 times.

I think it's time to grab a couple Spears.

I believe my Final Round Spear at 331atk hit the Spider Tank weak spot for over 13k. If it was ascended I believe the damage would increase 22% but that should give you an idea.

So like, not Felwinter's "next zip code" range? That would be nice. I have no problem if I come around the corner and get taken out by a CQB shotgun. But when the guy is 20 or 30 yards away killing me with Felwinter's.... ugh not so much

Shotguns used to only kill at about 2 - 3x melee range (for me as a Titan anyway) which I always found to be fine. It will be fine for them to go back there as they will still have their niche.

Top Bottom