• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT26| Like a Hat

void666

Banned
What's the best Elder Cipher weapon? I think they're all kind of rubbish, right? Just finished the bounty and I'm not sure which one to pick..

I have lord of wolves and queenbreaker's bow. Both are very unique, look and sound great but are not OP. I think both are fun to use. They have so much ammo you can use it almost like a primary.

Someone a while back suggested we have some sort of system in the tower, where you can flag yourself as LFG or LFM. I thought it was a great idea.

I've heard that as well, however I think the Tower is too small. You have have like 16 slots in the tower. Going in with a couple people already lowers that number. What are the chances the remaining 13 people (max) in the tower want to play what you want? The way the tower works, a lot of them are probably just there for 2 minutes or afk.

I think if they introduced an LFG system in game, it would have to be broader than just who is in the tower with you.

shermas

My vote goes to Lord of Wolves

Solar Damage, high Impact, Burst fire shotgun.

Also its getting a nice little buff to group recovery.

Thanks! I love using shotguns, so I'll probably pick that one up.

/ for reals, the gun will probably just collect dust in my vault.

This thread is disgusting... we really need 2 threads for destiny. One for discussing the game, and one for matchmaking...

You can't hold a conversation in this thread... it moves 10+ pages per day.

We should not be on |OT| #26 for crying out loud...

Any time we try to open a new thread to discuss the game, it just gets locked...

Disgusting is a pretty harsh word but I can also sympathize with the problem. Speaking as probably the only person dumb enough to actually read every post, the OTs move at a ridiculous pace and it takes a ton of time to keep up.

The MM issue has been discussed many times, always with the same conclusion. MM amongst ourselves is an important part of this community and would still exist even if more in-game MM was added since we like playing together. MM is also not always disconnected from discussion, e.g. "So what's the deal with these Triumphs? Can someone help me beat Skolas?"

LFG is a big part of DGAF but sometimes it's exaggerated. Look at the last few pages and there's very little LFG but plenty of discussion. A lot of great information from experienced players for anyone that cares enough to read it. Ultimately that's what I want most for DGAF:

(1.) A supportive, inclusive community for LFG

(2.) A knowledgeable player base for intelligent discussion

Lnkn52

What's up with the servers on PS4? Need my Iron Banana fix :/

Oooh I'm in!

It's spotty right now. Sony Support tweeted a while ago that there was some issues.

Disgusting is a pretty harsh word but I can also sympathize with the problem. Speaking as probably the only person dumb enough to actually read every post, the OTs move at a ridiculous pace and it takes a ton of time to keep up.

The MM issue has been discussed many times, always with the same conclusion. MM amongst ourselves is an important part of this community and would still exist even if more in-game MM was added since we like playing together. MM is also not always disconnected from discussion, e.g. "So what's the deal with these Triumphs? Can someone help me beat Skolas?"

LFG is a big part of DGAF but sometimes it's exaggerated. Look at the last few pages and there's very little LFG but plenty of discussion. A lot of great information from experienced players for anyone that cares enough to read it. Ultimately that's what I want most for DGAF:

(1.) A supportive, inclusive community for LFG

(2.) A knowledgeable player base for intelligent discussion

Would that be an outside source or something inside GAF?

I'm thinking of going back to my Messenger.
I was thinking the same thing last night, but it would require alot pf adjustments from my Hand cannon style.

It's not like Red Death is a bad weapon or anything. Besides over 50% of his kills are shotgun anyway.
Very true. But he's movement is just so twitchy, it's crazy.

GhaleonEB

What's the best Elder Cipher weapon? I think they're all kind of rubbish, right? Just finished the bounty and I'm not sure which one to pick..

Lord of Wolves is the weapon with the most utility in PvE (what I play). It's a bit under Fourth Horseman for exotic shotgun DPS, which makes it a monster at close range. It also has the advantage of a clip based reload (like a pulse rifle) rather than one shell at a time. Very useful in PoE especially. I use it like a primary against Cabal. It also holds a lot of ammo as compared to regular shotguns. I think it's a genuinely great gun.

Queensbreaker Bow is more interesting than good, IMO, at least for PvE. It has two scopes you can toggle that change it from a long range to mid range weapon, which is very handy. And like LoW it carries a ton of ammo. But the relatively low damage as compared to a sniper rifle, coupled with the charge time, makes it less of a go-to and more something to use if you want something different to play around with.

The sidearm is pretty awful. I have not found a use for it yet at all.

noomi

Hah! That was great, perfect song choice and timing too.

BIGGIE SMALLS, EAST COAST REPRESENT.

Messenger is a beast in IB. I just can't figure out how to make it work in Trials with all the blink shotgun rushers.

When I started using pulse rifles again I had a hard time adjusting, I'm so used to getting close shooting people with TLW/SG.

Now I keep my distance, move around slow, pick off targets in the distance, and try to avoid close encounters :)

That's the plan...but it seems to go to shit within 20 seconds lol.

Yeah that's the issue with a lot of supposed weapon balancing. The real "probelm" is how movement mechanics and especially blink work. Maybe you've got a great position on me with Messenger across the map but I can be in your face with 2 blinks in about 3 seconds. I'm really curious to see how the blink nerf affects Crucible, more than any weapon changes.

PuMa

That's the plan...but it seems to go to shit within 20 seconds lol.

Haha, yeah it depends on the map too, I suppose.

Yeah that's the issue with a lot of supposed weapon balancing. The real "probelm" is how movement mechanics and especially blink work. Maybe you've got a great position on me with Messenger across the map but I can be in your face with 2 blinks in about 3 seconds. I'm really curious to see how the blink nerf affects Crucible, more than any weapon changes.

Definitely part/most of the issue. They need to increase the cool-down on Blink. Hopefully that's the nerf they've alluded to.

Definitely part/most of the issue. They need to increase the cool-down on Blink. Hopefully that's the nerf they've alluded to.

Yes, from what I understand that's exactly what their doing. I think increasing the cool down between the first and second blinks although I'm not sure exactly on the details.

Trakan

I think Bungie needs to think of the bigger picture. If you put something in the game thinking it will work well but it ends up being like blink or the current state of shotguns, you need to act on it. I'd comment on how long it's taken them to not only address these issues, let alone implement fixes, but I'll save that for another time.

Blink is straight up broken. Shot package and Rangefinder on shotguns is straight up broken. When there are things like this in the game, just remove them completely. This game is going to be around for ten years, supposedly. I don't want to put up with this shit for that long.

zewone

I think Bungie needs to think of the bigger picture. If you put something in the game thinking it will work well but it ends up being like blink or the current state of shotguns, you need to act on it. I'd comment on how long it's taken them to not only address these issues, let alone implement fixes, but I'll save that for another time.

Blink is straight up broken. Shot package and Rangefinder on shotguns is straight up broken. When there are things like this in the game, just remove them completely. This game is going to be around for ten years, supposedly. I don't want to put up with this shit for that long.

Shotguns without shot package or range finder still kill with ridiculous ease.

I feel that shoguns shouldn't be a one shot kill at all, unless every pellet hits the brain.

What's wrong with a two shot minimum body shot kill?

Cade

Not sure if I disconnected or if you left but thanks for the games davidbloop. Got some good rounds in there. Gonna take a break for now and do some bounties etc

Opinions about Fusion Rifles in PvP?

Terrible for now

Youll want any perk that focuses on accuracy and charge time

Those precious miliseconds in close quarters are lost when you are juggling between aiming and charging and it gets really hard to follow or lead your target

That said they work amazing in cover and corridors and even better if you are in a corridor with midrange and cover.

I still consider them mostly PvE weapons but there are certain Fusions that can kick serious ass with the right setups

Shotguns without shot package or range finder still kill with ridiculous ease.

I feel that shoguns shouldn't be a one shot kill at all, unless every pellet hits the brain.

What's wrong with a two shot minimum body shot kill?

Point blank to 4 meters away it should be a one shot kill. Beyond that damage should
Drop off quickly. To the point where it only tickles at the current max range a matador etc can kill.

It'll make fusions more viable to charge in the time it takes to close the gap.

There should be a time penalty for readying weapons whilst blinking.

Not sure if I disconnected or if you left but thanks for the games davidbloop. Got some good rounds in there. Gonna take a break for now and do some bounties etc
sorry mate I had to head off just realised it's 3.30am for me and I have work tomorrow haha. Thanks for the games mate you dominated.

YES! 1st nightfall = Voidfang Vestments. Resurrected Warlock is happy.
2nd nightfall = 3rd Khepri's String. The only HoW gear to drop on nightfall for me, and 3x at that :p

Ram, Nothing Manacles, or Bones of Eao... any one of those

3rd) Legendary HEAVY Engram... could it be... GHorn (Which Grim got from that 3rd nightfall)... nope Pacifier. Almost pulled the hat trick

Nightfall on Wednesday = Win. Winsday

Would that be an outside source or something inside GAF?.

I've thought about it a lot and it feels like it works best being inside Gaf. Personally I like having everything in one place but that has downsides of being too hard to keep up with for most people.

If we fragment things out to other places I worry that they won't stay supported. Even that other Gaf thread for MM died out since everyone just kept posting here.

Top Bottom