• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Why is everyone trying to get nechrochasm? gun is virtual dog shit

From Bungie's Weapon Balance 2.0 Preview:

"Necrochasm
We’ve heard (and share) the resounding feedback for Necrochasm. Not only has this weapon been considered a weak reward for the monumental effort it takes to acquire it, the base archetype (high Rate of Fire Auto Rifle) happened to be tuned down with 1.1.1 at almost the exact same time it became available. The following changes combined with the Auto Rifle base changes have made a positive impact in internal playtests. I personally shrieked with joy when I got my first ever double kill in Skirmish from the Cursebringer explosion.

Changes:
  • Increase base Stability to 60 (was 40)
  • Increase magazine size
  • Cursebringer perk will always trigger on a precision kill
  • Cursebringer explosion has increased radius and deals more damage
"

Tawpgun

From Bungie's Weapon Balance 2.0 Preview:

"Necrochasm
We’ve heard (and share) the resounding feedback for Necrochasm. Not only has this weapon been considered a weak reward for the monumental effort it takes to acquire it, the base archetype (high Rate of Fire Auto Rifle) happened to be tuned down with 1.1.1 at almost the exact same time it became available. The following changes combined with the Auto Rifle base changes have made a positive impact in internal playtests. I personally shrieked with joy when I got my first ever double kill in Skirmish from the Cursebringer explosion.

Changes:
  • Increase base Stability to 60 (was 40)
  • Increase magazine size
  • Cursebringer perk will always trigger on a precision kill
  • Cursebringer explosion has increased radius and deals more damage
"

Meh to me its still in the bullethose tier of AR's which are just not fun to use (imo)

Scouts and Handcannons the PvE goat

I personally think being sword bearer is really fun. Anyone who hasn't tried it before, next time you're in a NM Crota encounter, try it.

For just about every HM Crota I've done on lfg the group will ask if anyone wants to be sword bearer. I'm normally the one that volunteers. As long as your team fires consistent damage at him when you need them to, everything works out.

It also really helps that at lvl 34 you only need two swords to kill Crota. I can't imagine how nerve racking HM must have been in the 32 days. I did NM Crota Day 2 and that was tough enough.

I personally think being sword bearer is really fun. Anyone who hasn't tried it before, next time you're in a NM Crota encounter, try it.

For just about every HM Crota I've done on lfg the group will ask if anyone wants to be sword bearer. I'm normally the one that volunteers. As long as your team fires consistent damage at him when you need them to, everything works out.

It also really helps that at lvl 34 you only need two swords to kill Crota. I can't imagine how nerve racking HM must have been in the 32 days. I did NM Crota Day 2 and that was tough enough.
It's a lot more fun than standing in the back and firing rockets. It's a nice break from having to use guns.

Mupod

matches where the only one on the team going positive is the schmuck who just came back from a 10 month break

pVXRkYf.png

we talked about this earlier, you non-believer.

IT'S GETTING A DOUBLE BUFF.

KNEEL BEFORE THE CHASM! YOU SWINE.

but seriously, I am not sure how much better it will be because it's extremely underwhelming right now. I can dream though, I can dream.

Mupod

People shouldn't get their hopes up though, I doubt they will be returned to their former glory IMO.

I sure do miss those 'fun' days of every motherfucker in the universe using suros regime

I can still hear the noise it makes even though I've never had one, it was basically the game's soundtrack in crucible.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Today's patch fixes the currently-terrible Husk of the Pit drop rate, and the Weapon balance 2.0 patch (coming Sept 9th) gives Auto Rifles in general a buff in base damage, and also the Necrochasm gets buffed:
- Increase base Stability to 60 (was 40)
- Increase magazine size
- Cursebringer perk will always trigger on a precision kill
- Cursebringer explosion has increased radius and deals more damage

People shouldn't get their hopes up though, I doubt they will be returned to their former glory IMO.

Supposedly a TK video shows necrochasm doing 15 points of damage per crit, (apparently that archetype used to do 17 points per crit back in the heyday), so take that for what you will..

WipedOut

Supposedly a TK video shows necrochasm doing 15 points of damage per crit, (apparently that archetype used to do 17 points per crit back in the heyday), so take that for what you will..
I miss my auto rifles don't get me wrong, they may have the increased damage but will drop off drastically at range. That is what I meant for people not to get their hopes up.

Today's patch fixes the currently-terrible Husk of the Pit drop rate, and the Weapon balance 2.0 patch (coming Sept 9th) gives Auto Rifles in general a buff in base damage, and also the Necrochasm gets buffed:
- Increase magazine size

i never able to get the last ingredient of Necrochasm, mine still stuck on ‎Eidolon Ally.
--edit
Crux of Crota, thats what i need but it never drop for me..

Arrrammis

- Increase magazine size
The problem is that in order to activate the cursebringer perk, you have to do something that necrochasm is almost incapable of: get a kill.

Woo, first VoG done! Thanks so much, xplicit. Tough at points, and I didn't necessarily get a whole lot out of it, but I enjoyed it.

You're very welcome! I'm glad everyone was able to enjoy the raid! We had 2 total first timers and another who hasn't done it since it first came out so it went fairly smooth considering that.

Plus, there's a lot to explain and for Atheon, it just starts automatically so I didn't have enough time to explain it all on the first run. But yea, once we did 2-3 tries yall got more familiar with it and we got it on the 4th or 5th try which isn't bad at all.

As far as loot is concerned, VoG's rewards aren't nearly as "smart" as Crota's End raid. Like I said after we finished while the connection of chat was kind of bad, I completed 8 Hard VoG and 3 or 4 Normal VoG and I don't have Found Verdict, Fatebringer or Vision of Confluence yet. It can take a very long time to get those weapons for some people and other people get them within their first few tries. The majority of the time, people get shards/energy and maybe the ship and/or shader Chatterwhite

Congrats to the first timers!

Top Bottom