• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

LTWood12

I am the benefactor of two Destiny miracles today. Husk of the Pit finally deemed me worthy after over 200 blades of Crota kills.

And ol' Skolas finally dropped a weapon for me! They actually exist! This was my 6th Skolas kill ever. Not sure how that compares with others first drops.

UV8Gihg.jpg

I am the benefactor of two Destiny miracles today. Husk of the Pit finally deemed me worthy after over 200 blades of Crota kills.

And ol' Skolas finally dropped a weapon for me! They actually exist! This was my 6th Skolas kill ever. Not sure how that compares with others first drops.

UV8Gihg.jpg

Should've been Arc. :p

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Thanks for the nightfall and crota run's guys, ^^
Didn't get the crux on 2 attempts, So I'm feeling hopeful about the 3rd which I'll probably do later on.

Although I did manage to get 2 exotics in the nightfall and raids, So hey, I guess it's not all bad :)

btrboyev

I don't see them changing it any further at this point. Bridge is easy and fun. If people want to go up high or self-res once someone is across, Bungie doesn't seem to care.

Well they must care, because it's not working today. I don't need to cheese but we are used to running the raid in hard in 30 mins. At this point we just wanna run it quickly.

shermas

Totally agree... the Crota raid, on easy, has become a fun way to kill 20 minutes or so. Goof around, cheese or no cheese.

On a side note, NF was a blast this week. So much damage and an excuse to mess around with some guns I don't use very often. Good times.

Got a Ghorn, a legendary engram that rolled to a turd AR and an etheric light.

GutZ31

Well they must care, because it's not working today. I don't need to cheese but we are used to running the raid in hard in 30 mins. At this point we just wanna run it quickly.

Explain exactly what everyone did, and where people were when they did it.

It seems we are missing some info to help you.

Troll! Got another Fatebringer on ps4 when they know I need one on Xbox!

And it takes only 4 people to shoot/kill hard Atheon in 1 round

The Foil will forever elude me in ps4. Still the only gun I need

Did a couple runs of Hard Crota up to DS today. On one run, I was alone. Jumped across and killed until the checkpoint popped. On another run, I went across and a Warlock on the other side died and revived with super to help snipe.

Worked just like it always has. There is no patch.

This is random but I find the term "vanilla" in regards to the base game pretty funny. Vanilla is a flavor, and a fantastic one (one of my favorites). But i also like many other flavors like chocolate, hazelnut, strawberry, blueberry (random person term? Hahaha)

Vanilla is not plain or "no flavor", it's an actual flavor! Oh well

Just because the most basic flavor of ice cream is Vanilla, I suppose. But to me there are 2 basic flavors, vanilla and chocolate. Is that not right?!

Yup I can't fall asleep and this is what my brain is thinking about.

The term meta also cracks me up. I've never actually really heard it used in the context it has been used here until a few weeks ago. I guess that means what's popular?

GutZ31

This is random but I find the term "vanilla" in regards to the base game pretty funny. Vanilla is a flavor, and a fantastic one (one of my favorites). But i also like many other flavors like chocolate, hazelnut, strawberry, blueberry (random person term? Hahaha)

Vanilla is not plain or "no flavor", it's an actual flavor! Oh well

Just because the most basic flavor of ice cream is Vanilla, I suppose. But to me there are 2 basic flavors, vanilla and chocolate. Is that not right?!

Yup I can't fall asleep and this is what my brain is thinking about.

The term meta also cracks me up. I've never actually really heard it used in the context it has been used here until a few weeks ago. I guess that means what's popular?

Almost all ice creams(in a time since past) start with a vanilla base, then add to it.
There are plenty of exceptions to this today of course, but early days of ice cream meant you started with what was made the easiest(vanilla or chocolate, sometimes chocolate was added to vanilla to make chocolate ice cream), then added to it to make it have a new flavor.

Its still strange, but it has a pretty good visual analogy to process.
This makes it easy to imagine "oh, so no sprinkles, or chunks of nuts or M&Ms?".
When thinking about electronics, automobiles, and software, it has a similar effect.
"So none of the extra stuff I would have to pay extra for?"

Also, if the ice cream is white, but called vanilla, it is actually just a base ice cream for mixing, and doesn't really have much vanilla, if any flavoring.
Real vanilla is yellow with little black spots.

GutZ31

Yo mama so stupid she thought the crux of crota is an exotic shard.

Yo mama so fat she thought the purple ball in the tower was a grape.

Yo mama so dumb she thought the Universal Remote changed channels.

Yo mama so stupid she thought Plan C was after birth control.

Yo mama so dumb she thought Ice Breaker was a chewing gum.

Yo mama so stupid she thought Necrocasm is a good auto rifle.

I personally think being sword bearer is really fun. Anyone who hasn't tried it before, next time you're in a NM Crota encounter, try it.

For just about every HM Crota I've done on lfg the group will ask if anyone wants to be sword bearer. I'm normally the one that volunteers. As long as your team fires consistent damage at him when you need them to, everything works out.

It also really helps that at lvl 34 you only need two swords to kill Crota. I can't imagine how nerve racking HM must have been in the 32 days. I did NM Crota Day 2 and that was tough enough.

Agreed, everyone should have a bash at it once to completion its great fun. DPS is the most important if it comes in not all together and he see's you, your generally fucked when he comes up

I super when the sword drops, blade to where it is from middle shelf and R2 Invis before I pick it up, as soon as I hit the rocks call out rockets, then depending on what side of the platform he is 3/4 R2, triangle to drop sword and blink DPS 4xR2 then GTFO to Ogre tower, crouch invis back to crystal room for orbs and repeat

Best way to practice is Sword of Crota to perfect your blink strike, or do what I did and just answer LFG posts wanting a sword bearer, you can blame any wipes on Crota being glitchy/DPS

GutZ31

Agreed, everyone should have a bash at it once to completion its great fun. DPS is the most important if it comes in not all together and he see's you, your generally fucked when he comes up

I super when the sword drops, blade to where it is from middle shelf and R2 Invis before I pick it up, as soon as I hit the rocks call out rockets, then depending on what side of the platform he is 3/4 R2, triangle to drop sword and blink DPS 4xR2 then GTFO to Ogre tower, crouch invis back to crystal room for orbs and repeat

Best way to practice is Sword of Crota to perfect your blink strike, or do what I did and just answer LFG posts wanting a sword bearer, you can blame any wipes on Crota being glitchy/DPS

tcZ1qyXm.jpg

You sir, are more dastardly than I gave you credit for.

Can anyone overseas confirm that the red bull codes worked for them.

They worked for Snake Eyes, who is in New Zealand.
Also, others have confirmed they work in UK, and other places. They get redeemed directly at bungie.net, so likely to work everywhere.

Top Bottom