• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

GutZ31

What if you want to be sword bearer but you're a Titan?

Everyone QQs if it isn't a blade dancer

Blade Dancer is safe mode.
Titan is actually really good at dipping out with skating boost.

The only real difference is how many shots you can get in for a set.
Most conservative sets for hunters are 3~4 hits with R2.

Other classes are more likely to want to stick to 2~3 hit sets.

Totally possible to get 4 hit sets on other classes, just usually not as safe.

glaurung

Have Bungie said anything about changes to the character creation in 2.0?

Ever since they introduced the option to keep the equipped headgear visible in social spaces, it feels like character creation is totally pointless. The only difference now is in generic stance/body shape between male and female models.

Waldini

Does anyone have a Red-Bull code ... a spare one which I can "borrow"? There's no way I'm ever going to obtain a code ... the Red-Bull promotion stuff doesnt run in the Netherlands.

Thanks in advance guys!

glaurung

Does anyone have a Red-Bull code ... a spare one which I can "borrow"? There's no way I'm ever going to obtain a code ... the Red-Bull promotion stuff doesnt run in the Netherlands.

Thanks in advance guys!
Someone will probably help you out, those codes are like a rash all over the interwebs.

I recommend checking out eBay when in doubt. Those codes literally go for pennies there. Not like the god damn blacksmith shader.

SPCTRE

Finally took the time to get a rare sparrow for the Xûr sparrow upgrade.

I had no idea that they're faster than the TUMBLER, for some reason I just assumed all legendary quality sparrows were the same speed (and durability).

I should have gotten one sooner!

Thanks in advance guys!

Someone will probably help you out, those codes are like a rash all over the interwebs.

I recommend checking out eBay when in doubt. Those codes literally go for pennies there. Not like the god damn blacksmith shader.

They're as low as £1.28 for 2 codes or generally 99p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=red+bull+destiny&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=2

Nuszka

Morning!!! Just saw the news from last night about the next wave of banhammers, so glad as last night was a lag switch fest for me. One person even knew he was doing it and started dancing while 3 of us tried punching him to death lol.
Now why did i not record that? Cause its nothing special anymore.

ocean

Banned
Gotta start edging faction rep soonish :) feels like Christmas when you can rack up a dozen faction level up rewards in quick succession when an expansion hits.

Sadly, the vast majority inevitably give out Motes :( but it's almost certain you get a few new cool weapons and armor :)

Shaders are a lie though. They don't exist.

GutZ31

Morning!!! Just saw the news from last night about the next wave of banhammers, so glad as last night was a lag switch fest for me. One person even knew he was doing it and started dancing while 3 of us tried punching him to death lol.
Now why did i not record that? Cause its nothing special anymore.

Bungie needs to account for the movement of our solar system moving, and expanding.
Until then, we will never be able to time trav-
I mean...
Have a stable connection to destiny servers.

Solar-system-vortex.gif

I recently started grinding for Dead Orbit with my main. And all I keep hearing is that people have ranks 35+ and still haven't gotten any shader drops from them.

In my dead orbit package that just dropped I got 2 motes of light. 2. Nothing else. Just 2 sodding motes of light

Shito

I recently started grinding for Dead Orbit with my main. And all I keep hearing is that people have ranks 35+ and still haven't gotten any shader drops from them.
Rank 28, I've had two of them. Still no revenant though.
That being said, faction shaders are pretty "common" when you compare them to the real white whale of the game: the faction ships.

maomaoIYP

In my dead orbit package that just dropped I got 2 motes of light. 2. Nothing else. Just 2 sodding motes of light

I got the same thing last night from my FWC package. It annoys me endlessly that I have to wear this fucking ugly purple ass cloak when I have so many sweet cloaks just because I want to get the ship & shaders.

I got the same thing last night from my FWC package. It annoys me endlessly that I have to wear this fucking ugly purple ass cloak when I have so many sweet cloaks just because I want to get the ship & shaders.

New monarchy cloak is ass as well, I can't wait until you pledge. It will also stop me wasting bounties etc when I forget to switch

SnakeEyes

Banned
Bungie needs to account for the movement of our solar system moving, and expanding.
Until then, we will never be able to time trav-
I mean...
Have a stable connection to destiny servers.

Solar-system-vortex.gif
Don't show me this, I just finished watching Interstellar...

Much spiral, many spins...

maomaoIYP

New monarchy cloak is ass as well, I can't wait until you pledge. It will also stop me wasting bounties etc when I forget to switch

I really liked the original cloaks that came with the vanilla game, the ones that looked like a long scarf. They flowed in the wind as you jumped and just looked totally gorgeous.

Just run it on the titan, it's honestly more fun running sword on Titan and Warlock, Hunter swordbearing is training wheels mode.

People who QQ should learn to run it themselves, it isn't that much more difficult than aiming at scrota with a tracking launcher.

ocean

Banned

With the higher jump perk you can jump straight up to Crota from the bottom (think where the Swordbearer spawns from). Super safe and works great. Only difference is that as an invisible Hunter you're right next to Crota the very instant his shield drops so you can get an extra hit reliably. With how easy Crota is now that we're over leveled, though, it's not a deal breaker at all.

ocean

Banned
but it worked on HoW launch, i've seen some video on youtube. did they patched it?
No, if you save faction packages they'll still decrypt into old stuff. It worked that way for TDB and for HoW as well.

What *does* work is pushing as many factions as you can to be close to ranking up. As soon as you've got 2,400 ish rep, you change class item and stick with another. Then with some saved up bounties, you can push all your factions to level up as soon as the expansion drops.

With HoW, what you might be confusing this with is the fact that people were farming Patrol for the Wolves public event to get Treasure Keys from those chests. The chests gave out blue and sometimes purple engrams which couldn't be decrypted because they were HoW stuff. So when HoW dropped we were full of engrams that we'd earned prior but that gave new gear. That and the fact that a day or two before the expansion dropped, Salvage started giving HoW weapons like the Matador as a reward.

But faction package rewards in the Postmaster will invariably give you HoW gear (or more likely some Motes :p)

I wish they would change how points work when playing control. Kills should not have so much effect of winning over holding down zones. You can have 2 out of 3 for 80% of the match and still lose, it's ridiculous.

ocean

Banned
I wish they would change how points work when playing control. Kills should not have so much effect of winning over holding down zones. You can have 2 out of 3 for 80% of the match and still lose, it's ridiculous.
If you had 2/3 for 80% of the match and still lost your team was destroyed hard. Your kills were worth double theirs, losing regardless means getting outslayed almost 2 to 1 :p

Anyways TK will bring a mode where kills don't affect the score at all, only zone control.

even i'm wondering how people are getting so many red bull codes, ive drink so many cans here in india but never notice free code :3

That's because the codes are only on the Red Bull cans in the USA. We got lucky that Grimlock and Lnkn donated a lot of codes to the clan.
However, iirc everyone will get access to the content later.

Just run it on the titan, it's honestly more fun running sword on Titan and Warlock, Hunter swordbearing is training wheels mode.

People who QQ should learn to run it themselves, it isn't that much more difficult than aiming at scrota with a tracking launcher.

Unless you forget to equip blink :d

Speaking of Scrota do you want to try and one sword him later, I'm sure we can rope in a couple for science

No, if you save faction packages they'll still decrypt into old stuff. It worked that way for TDB and for HoW as well.

What *does* work is pushing as many factions as you can to be close to ranking up. As soon as you've got 2,400 ish rep, you change class item and stick with another. Then with some saved up bounties, you can push all your factions to level up as soon as the expansion drops.

With HoW, what you might be confusing this with is the fact that people were farming Patrol for the Wolves public event to get Treasure Keys from those chests. The chests gave out blue and sometimes purple engrams which couldn't be decrypted because they were HoW stuff. So when HoW dropped we were full of engrams that we'd earned prior but that gave new gear. That and the fact that a day or two before the expansion dropped, Salvage started giving HoW weapons like the Matador as a reward.

But faction package rewards in the Postmaster will invariably give you HoW gear (or more likely some Motes :p)

i see, thanks for heads up.. then ill rank up on every class before TTK launch and will stop on edge.

That's because the codes are only on the Red Bull cans in the USA. We got lucky that Grimlock and Lnkn donated a lot of codes to the clan.
However, iirc everyone will get access to the content later.

oh okay, i just bought one code from ebay, lets see if he deliver.

If you had 2/3 for 80% of the match and still lost your team was destroyed hard. Your kills were worth double theirs, losing regardless means getting outslayed almost 2 to 1 :p

Anyways TK will bring a mode where kills don't affect the score at all, only zone control.
This new mode already sounds like a hit to me. I hope people will learn to play the objective in a game about capturing the objective.

maomaoIYP

This new mode already sounds like a hit to me. I hope people will learn to play the objective in a game about capturing the objective.
Last night I was playing control on burning shrine, most of the randoms on my side just stood still in spots with a sniper rifle. They sucked at getting kills. We lost so hard.

Last night I was playing control on burning shrine, most of the randoms on my side just stood still in spots with a sniper rifle. They sucked at getting kills. We lost so hard.
Its because these scrubs just like playing control as a tool to know where the enemies are going at all times. Frustrating as hell but there is nothing you can do.

I need etheric light so bad. I made a new character a couple weeks ago and now I'm stuck at 32 and a half like my other character. I haven't had a chance to run a raid with my warlock yet either.

DarKshodaN

I need etheric light so bad. I made a new character a couple weeks ago and now I'm stuck at 32 and a half like my other character. I haven't had a chance to run a raid with my warlock yet either.

Same here, stuck on 32 for Days now. Maybe i should wait till the add on drops, and just get over it.

Top Bottom