• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

LTWood12

059d41a2d5ae78882a98330ca4119577.jpg

159.gif

Yes!

FinKL

One of the videos has the announcer saying "Double Kill" that's new, along with showing you headshots, and who you killed/assisted.

Deku Tree

wait.. is that
blink combat roll melee
move known about already? or is this the first time that we have seen it? Who can do that?

I'm up for a 34, if you're fine with me no mic-ing. If not we can go 32.
Is 34 much worse than 32? I'm still at level 33, but I usually react poorly when swarmed by enemies. 100 hours of gameplay and I still suck at complicated situation or under pressure.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I kind of hate how Taken King hype and bungie rage are battling within me. I think it looks really good, but I haven't preordered (and I'm not sure I intend to buy at launch) because I am still butthurt that I have to spend $60 despite having already paid $80 for vanilla and HoW. I would feel very differently if I was able to buy the $40 digital upgrade without essentially wasting another $20 on TDB.

Basically I just really don't like the idea of being forced to buy The Dark Below (which I have even less interest in now than I did when I opted to not buy it months ago) in order to rock out to that TK goodness. It's a business choice that really rubs me the wrong way, despite $20 not actually being that big of a deal.

I wish they would have just created a firefight mode on the PVP maps instead of the abortion that is POE that we got.

smoke backstab will make me rage.

I kind of hate how Taken King hype and bungie rage are battling within me. I think it looks really good, but I haven't preordered (and I'm not sure I intend to buy at launch) because I am still butthurt that I have to spend $60 despite having already paid $80 for vanilla and HoW. I would feel very differently if I was able to buy the $40 digital upgrade without essentially wasting another $20 on TDB.

Basically I just really don't like the idea of being forced to buy The Dark Below (which I have even less interest in now than I did when I opted to not buy it months ago) in order to rock out to that TK goodness. It's a business choice that really rubs me the wrong way, despite $20 not actually being that big of a deal.

I've been dealing with those same feelings since they announced the price. I'm considering selling the vanilla version to get the legendary edition, but I'd probably wouldn't get more than 10€ at game

Namikaze1

Maps:

-Ghost Ship
A Fallen ship in the Reef
Smallest of the maps
Features low gravity effects so dead Guardians and other objects will slowly float away

-Exile
Hive Prison Cell inside one of Oryx's ships that orbits Saturn
A bit Longer and narrower than most crucible maps
"strong for control and clash"
Three main lanes: bridge side and a ramp in the middle of the map that takes you through a circular room which has a drop down that leads to the lower catacomb level

-Memento
Located in the European Dead Zone
"...overgrown street tucked in-between two larger buildings, all set within a roughly triangular shape"
Moderate in size
Much more vertical than Widow's Court, the other map located in the European Dead Zone

-Vertigo
Located in Mercury
A large vex structure
Lore wise, a Cabal expedition force explored the structure and vanished.
Features a one way teleporter that "spits players on a really powerful platform on the other side of the map"

-Sector 618
Set inside the Cosmodrome wall
There are various floating platforms in this map
Can easily die from missing one
Features a square layout that has two bridges crossing a central chasm.
Playstation Exclusive map

-Crossroads
Located in Mars
Another Vex structure
Overgrown with giant vegetation in the wake ofthe traveler's arrival
Great showcase for Mayhem
Main body of the map is separated from a smaller island.
It's the map many played at Gamescom

-Frontier
Set far out on the city perimeter of Earth
A transfer relay station, shuttling supplies to stations like Twilight Gap
A semi-symmetric map built around a train yard.
The train cuts through the middle ofthe map and runs across a bridge
"a lot of good sniper
Good mix of open and closed spaces
Showcase map for Rift

-Bannerfall
Set on an abandoned Tower on the other side of the city
Mid-sized map
Suited for Control and works well for Rift
Lore: "At one time, there was a fourth faction that held court in this tower along with the beginning of the New Monarchy faction."
One side of the map features New Monarchy banners while the other side features the fourth faction's banner, all tattered and torn.

Fucking done! *dies*

Top Bottom