• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Frenden

Banned
First two are good, I'd Reroll, also check your sights, I never before and had to Reroll a maxed one as it had that awful ores sight

That's the boat I'm in right now. I have two good builds. One has perfect perks and shit sights, the other has three perfect sights but Battlerunner in the first slot. I'd rather have Third Eye.

I'll probably end up rerolling both. :/

phen0m24

Finally got the Thorn bounty! Now let's see if I can do it.

First things first: Is there a way to do void damage with my primary or will I pretty much have to use my secondary while doing that part?

If you have a void primary like Word of Crota or Atheon's Epilogue you can use them. Otherwise you need void shotguns snipers or heavies.

noomi

Have to agree that hidden hand is the best perk for hopscotch. Once you max stability, it's all about head shots.

Braced frame is the best since it doesn't kill range, but still maxes stability.

Sight is preference, my fav is truesight IS

Third eye is my preference, but reloads perks are good as well.

That's the boat I'm in right now. I have two good builds. One has perfect perks and shit sights, the other has three perfect sights but Battlerunner in the first slot. I'd rather have Third Eye.

I'll probably end up rerolling both. :/

I shouldn't laugh but the pain this gun is causing. I wasted over 400 motes getting mine to where it is

pixxxelz

OK now I got feeding frenzy, flared magwell and hidden hand, sights are red dot-ors,focus lens fla5 and truesight is.

Getting there but I'm guessing having two reload perks is a waste? specially since i have trials gauntlets with increased reload for pulse rifles

OK now I got feeding frenzy, flared magwell and hidden hand, sights are red dot-ors,focus lens fla5 and truesight is.

Getting there but I'm guessing having two reload perks is a waste? specially since i have trials gauntlets with increased reload for pulse rifles

Look for stability boosts, not flared magwell!

I'm well aware. Granted, I've only done it three times (doing #4 tonight), but I've never even seen someone in my fireteam get one.

That presents an interesting question. To those of you here that actually HAVE gotten weapons to drop from Skolas, on what attempt did you get your first? Also for every x number of Skolas kills you've gotten, how often would you say you get a weapon to drop?
Turns out I got crazy lucky, as I got an arc six dreg pride II from my first skolas kill. Have run skolas two more times, no drops from either of the other runs.

Unless I looked at the calendar wrong, HoW has been out for 11 resets, which means I have done Skolas 33 times, now. I've gotten 6 elemental primaries. That's such a shitty drop rate, assuming it's even close to an accurate sample.

EDIT: Forgot about a sharded one. I've gotten 7.

Nuszka

So did not expect that on my day off all the gaming that I will do will be 15 minutes of witcher 3, via remote play, on the toilet lol.
Had plans to play destiny tonight but that seems out of the question now...
Will be on for the 3x nf after reset though.
Think I have all my backlog sorted, destiny will commence in full swing from now.

Shaders look so good with Females, especially my Female Titan right now.
Gilgamesh is awesome! I never think twice about these shaders normally

Sofa King

TTK will be at Gamescom, but any word if they will be at PAX this year? They were not there last year, and it would be a simple setup since its in their back yard. They did do a panel last year, but I had to choose between Bungie and Gearbox, and well Gearbox panels are always entertaining and rewarding.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Should I spend my precious glimmer on the Titan IB armor purely for aesthetic reasons y/n?

I find it hard to believe that Hopscotch Pilgrim could be as good as some of the special damage primaries (Fatebringer, VoC, etc.). Are we talking about wanting it in a strictly PvP way?

What platform do you play on? Lfg is terrible, I'd never recommend it especially for ToO. People on lfg drop out of everything including raids. Hard to find a committed bunch.

It also helps having a certain frame of mind. With passage coins no longer an issue when losing, I accept losses easier. Now losing hours upon end is not even close to fun and that's when I take breaks. Play another mode, game or do IRL stuff. I learned to play for the fun and challenge and I don't mind trying 3-4 tickets in 1 playthrough.

Anyways, I'm far from great but I am always down to try to help people get wins. I mainly play to have a good time with my teammates. The main thing that makes me upset is playing against ridiculous lag, but that's been a problem with PvP for a while now unfortunately. Luckily they seem to be doing something about it, at least. Any little bit they can do to help that problem.

Xbox One.

noomi

So did not expect that on my day off all the gaming that I will do will be 15 minutes of witcher 3, via remote play, on the toilet lol.
Had plans to play destiny tonight but that seems out of the question now...
Will be on for the 3x nf after reset though.
Think I have all my backlog sorted, destiny will commence in full swing from now.

If your on during reset let me know, I'll be on ;)

ich00

I find it hard to believe that Hopscotch Pilgrim could be as good as some of the special damage primaries (Fatebringer, VoC, etc.). Are we talking about wanting it in a strictly PvP way?

I think it's mainly pvp we're talking. It's a better version of the messenger, and that's a darn good gun for pvp.

deadduck

I settled on reddot-oas/truesight-is, Feeding Frenzy, Braced Frame and Reactive reload for my reroll. Just levelled it and loving reactive my old Headseaker.

Done a little Destiny video including some trials (Inc a few gaffers), an unlevelled suros, the Necrochasm and trying to resist playing with a shotgun.

https://youtu.be/C8KlOuwgUDA

Let me tell you from someone who plays both worlds. Xbox One competition is SUPER rough. It's a lot harder than PS4.

In the last 27 games, I've won 4 matches total. My last 2 cards in PS4, Mercury and 8 win package.

Xbox is really tough

Why though, I though this was a PS4 dominated game?

Im just frustrated, Ive never been past 3 wins, and almost everyone has been an impatient dick.

NastyBook

Is no one doing anything on PS4 at the moment? :(
NFs typically get run almost immediately after the reset and on the weekends. I gotta get my Queen Bounties run and PEs done on all my characters tonight. If you still need somebody to run the NF with after that, I'll do it. Almost solo'd it the other night, and it's the quickest NF when it has a burn attached. Already on your BL.

I will never play TOO again. I gave it a try Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. This is the most garbage game mode I have ever seen.

Takes 1 hour to find a crew, because the standard is "Only looking for those who have gone flawless"

Once you get a crew together, it takes time to become a team. So what happens after a first loss?
One drops out, starting the process all over again.

And finally the cheating that goes on is unreal. I saw a dude walks right past me as I put 3 Thorn shots into him, and stuck him with a grenade. He then appears magically behind me and shotguns me in the head. Everyone on LFG are real jerks when it comes to TOO.

Raids brought out the best in people. So many willing to help each other, Even Iron Banner is filled with cool people. TOO brings out the absolute worst in people. Its like apocalyptic kill each other over water shit.

I recommend playing with DestinyGAF members over lfg sites, I've had good luck and we have some really good players in this community too (including on Xbox One, I'm an xbox player). I did play ToO with destinyLFG players once and had a good experience, I looked for the "Trials of Osiris Casual" tag, we lost on the first ticket pretty badly but did another ticket and got to 6-2 before disbanding. They were cool to play with so I won't say LFG is all bad.

Apparently the competition on Xbox is more fierce than on PS4 from what I hear. I'm a pretty average PvP player but have still managed to get a few good plays here and there, it's a fun game mode besides the loot although it would be nice if the Elimination playlist was available when ToO isn't.

That kind of lessens my desire for a HP tbh. I;m never going to be so great at PvP, I'm never going to spend 100 motes on one weapon to make it perfect. I don't need the perfect weapons for PvP because I just don't care enough. It's not like i'm ever going to Mercury or something.

I got to rank 5 IB with my Fang of Ir Yut and my Dry Rot with rangefinder and clown cartridge. Those weapons and perks serve me just fine for my needs.

Top Bottom