• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

LTWood12

To be fair, how many times have many of us done Skolas only to never even get a weapon (not counting the Cipher). At least w/ Dragon Strikes I get weapon parts and materials.

todd360

D00d I'm totally a l33t Hackerz (did I even do that right?)

Yea I've never seen a full fireteam quit to a team of randoms. I thought I got kicked until I saw the reward screen.

You forgot to say you are from lizard squad reserve force.

noomi

To be fair, how many times have many of us done Skolas only to never even get a weapon (not counting the Cipher). At least w/ Dragon Strikes I get weapon parts and materials.

Out of the 20+ Skolas runs I've done, I received maybe 3 or 4 weapons only... not even exaggerating that...

*slams head on desk*

Damn you, Bungie! Goddamn Dust Palace!

difhf4rkm.png

I regret nothing.

LTWood12

Out of the 20+ Skolas runs I've done, I received maybe 3 or 4 weapons only... not even exaggerating that...

I'm well aware. Granted, I've only done it three times (doing #4 tonight), but I've never even seen someone in my fireteam get one.

That presents an interesting question. To those of you here that actually HAVE gotten weapons to drop from Skolas, on what attempt did you get your first? Also for every x number of Skolas kills you've gotten, how often would you say you get a weapon to drop?

Dave_6

I got this after running ~25 strikes in two days. Dropped as is:
19620936148_ffc378892b_o.jpg

That was two weeks ago and it's obviously now fully leveled and 365 attack.

pixxxelz

Just watched the Planet Destiny review of the Hopscotch Pilgrim. I love The Messenger, but holy shit HP is insane.

Guess it's time to fire up the ol' Dragon (Dust Palace) playlist. Here's a link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWqpGX3c7JY
Hey I have one of these with:
>Feeding Frenzy
>Skip Rounds,Single Point Sling,Appended Magazine
>Secret Round
Is that good or i should reroll it?

Also they really nerf the f out thorn huh, I haven't played the game in about a month and so far i played 3 IB matches and I haven't been killed by thorn once.

rNilla

I have Third Eye, Braced Frame and Range Finder on my Pilgrim. Latter two seem fine and although a reload perk is more ideal I'm one of those people that likes Third Eye.

LTWood12

>Feeding Frenzy
>Secret Round

Also they really nerf the f out thorn huh, I haven't played the game in about a month and so far i played 3 IB matches and I haven't been killed by thorn once.

definitely reroll.

>Feeding Frenzy
>Secret Round

Not yet. Everybody is trying different stuff for the big nerf though. If I remember correctly... burn is decreased by 33% with the nerf. And the range will be nerfed.

OK then what are the best perks for it?

A reload perk, braced then everyone's going to argue about hidden hand, reactive reload or third eye

Someone will then jump in and say the messenger is better, it's not btw

Edit these are the upcoming changes to pulses

Pulse Rifle is optimal at medium range, but can still effectively engage enemies at close or medium-long range
Rate of Fire sets a pace for players to track moving targets, and then deliver precision damage in bursts
Pulse Rifles should feel strong in PVP, but don’t become the only competitive option
Additionally increase their efficiency as a PVE weapon

Changes:
Reduce base damage of the medium RoF by about 2.5%
PVP: Bursts-to-kill (all precision hits) is 2 or 3, depending on victim’s Armor stat
Small reduction in base stability. A burst should still land all shots at optimal range, but three precision hits will require more weapon control to land consistently
Increase magazine size on for all base inventory stats

phen0m24

A reload perk, braced then everyone's going to argue about hidden hand, reactive reload or third eye

Someone will then jump in and say the messenger is better, it's not btw

I think Koro or Doge and Zewone were having that discussion once. Realistically the HP is better but it's not like 40% better. It's marginally better - but better is better.

If I ever get one I'll enjoy it but the Messenger also provides 2 burst kills. I'm not complaining.

I can help with whatever but I told Micah we would play Lego jurassic park too hehe

Two page toppers in one day! Top of page confession time again.

I wore my Nepal Guardian shirt to church yesterday and people asked me what "heart Bungie" meant. Lol

Oh no problem! If you're available then I'll ask :p

And nice, I wore mine to work today and still wearing it now! <3 shirt.

Good god almighty. OT 27. Any other parties planning to run Flawless HMs (VoG or CE)? Wouldn't mind giving that a try, too.

Things left to do before TTK drops:
21 more Salvage Wins
33 more Rumble Wins

Need:
Bones of Eao
Praetorian Foil

RNGsus, grant me good fortune.

ethomaz

Banned
I lost a Rumble match by 50 points in the last kill...

The winner sent me a message saying I played a really great match.

Love :D

Frenden

Banned
Alright now I got outlaw, braced frame and rangefinder, keep it or reroll?

Had that roll. The range is good in combined arms, but I'd rather have Hidden Hand. Rerolled for Third Eye, Braced, Hidden.

I've had two HPs for a long while and have rolled a shitton of perk combos and I think I like HH in the last slot most.

Reactive reload is a good damage buff, but inconsistent to pull off. Headseaker is a decent damage buff, but HP is so stable that you seldom hit body. Rangefinder is good, but range is adequate on the HP.

Hidden Hand is the best almost be default IMO. The others are either inconsistent or unnecessary.

kiguel182

Finally got the Thorn bounty! Now let's see if I can do it.

First things first: Is there a way to do void damage with my primary or will I pretty much have to use my secondary while doing that part?

Top Bottom