• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

*slams head on desk*

Damn you, Bungie! Goddamn Dust Palace!

I did 10 Dragon strikes last week. 4 Dust Palaces in a row, 4 Sepiks strikes in a row. Oof.

But Dust Palace is surprisingly quick (if you don't get idlers), and it's very fun if you spec for shotgun/melee.

kiguel182

Since no one is up for POE 32 I'm just going to grind IB. That helmet looks kinda cool if I can get an etheric light and put it at 32 light later.

Then I won't touch Crucible for a while.

Arrrammis

I did 10 Dragon strikes last week. 4 Dust Palaces in a row, 4 Sepiks strikes in a row. Oof.

But Dust Palace is surprisingly quick (if you don't get idlers), and it's very fun if you spec for shotgun/melee.
Yup, and the boss lets you get creative. Me and a friend play dragon strikes one evening and got dust plalace at least every other strike for over 2 hours, and decided to mix it up. On one of the runs we equipped large blast radius rocket launchers and knocked the flayers off the cliff. Probably took longer, but it was hilarious. Also on another run, our random teammate died on the railing, so every time we revived him he would fall to his death. We kept a timer going while fighting the boss, so that the timer would get within 10 seconds of him respawning, then we'd revive him and let him die again. He stuck around and waved at us at the start of the next strike, then killed my friend with his sparrow, so he was a good sport.

123rl

Yup, and the boss lets you get creative. Me and a friend play dragon strikes one evening and got dust plalace at least every other strike for over 2 hours, and decided to mix it up. On one of the runs we equipped large blast radius rocket launchers and knocked the flayers off the cliff. Probably took longer, but it was hilarious. Also on another run, our random teammate died on the railing, so every time we revived him he would fall to his death. We kept a timer going while fighting the boss, so that the timer would get within 10 seconds of him respawning, then we'd revive him and let him die again. He stuck around and waved at us at the start of the next strike, then killed my friend with his sparrow, so he was a good sport.

That is gloriously evil. You have raised the bar for all asshole Guardians and I salute you!

someday

Banned
Two guys from my friends list invited me for Trials yesterday. They are good and carried me to Mercury! I'm very so-so but was "clutch" in a few kills and revives lol. I got the emblem, and an arc Jewel (and some etheric light). I truly never expected to see Mercury but thanks Camper and Curry (I doubt they read gaf but...)!

ich00

Why does no one ever post the actual hate messages? We love those.

Here's my first hate message, whole team quit 5 mins into a IB match

CLgnQ99UYAAuAoQ.jpg:large

Ehh. Have you done 35 PoE a lot? If so, I suppose no mic is doable, but if not, that's a pretty big hindrance. I like to communicate quite a bit during Skolas.
Having to keep track of what someone else's debuff timer is sounds like the worst skolas modifier imaginable. Well, probably still not as bad as lightswitch.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
After a month of not having a ps4 (had to sell it) I finally have a ps4 again! Incidentally, not having video games has kind of dwindled my interest in video game news. I'm back now though, you guys have an cool information regarding the taken King? Anyone excited? What's new? Sorry for the rambling lol, I'm excited for the 15th!

So tired from work.
Going home to do on xbox 1:

PvP for 200ish more rep (anyone want to play casual PvP for a few matches?)
HoW Missions to unlock PoE (Anyone want to run them with me?)
PoE 28, 32 armor core! (Probably with MisterThirsty. Anyone else want to join?)
NF (E92 M3 and maybe Phenom with his shiny TLord?)
Glimmer Farm (I haz checkpoint! Who wants in besides a couple that msg'd me? 3 spots open!)

IB Last Minute purchases
Buy Hunter Helm from Variks before he changes.

nOoblet16

Here's my first hate message, whole team quit 5 mins into a IB match

he took it well

Bruh. Nobody takes that much damage. You were obviously hacken
*Disclaimer* not really pointing out anyone here, just an insight.

We may be laughing at this right now (and we are as we should, who doesn't enjoy salty messages?) but if I am to be honest, this is similar to when people complain about lag and the person not dying. You just replace hacker with lagger and it would look pretty similar to what people usually talk about here or elsewhere. In this case that person not dying was ich00 for the dude who called him a hacker. Perhaps he had a laggy connection or it was otherwise or maybe he was just bad, whatever it was in a lot of other cases the guy would just call ich00 a lagger and send a hate mail....that's what I am getting at. In this case the guy probably was just not informed enough to call it lag and thinks it's hacking.

Basically, this goes back to what I was previously saying about lag i.e. that there are a lot of times the game is just laggy and people vent it out on the person itself when they shouldn't. I understand why they do it but we really shouldn't as it's not the person's fault and hence no need to be salty.

According to Planet Destiny:

Outlaw
Small Bore/Hand Laid/Braced Frame
Reactive Reload

Mines outlaw, braced and hidden hand - I'd take the hidden hand for the two shot head kill. Thought Ive been after another for ages to get FF, Braced and RR for smaller/faster maps

LTWood12

Mines outlaw, braced and hidden hand - I'd take the hidden hand for the two shot head kill. Thought Ive been after another for ages to get FF, Braced and RR for smaller/faster maps

Hey two out of three ain't bad. I think those first two perks are the most important.

phen0m24

So tired from work.
Going home to do on xbox 1:

PvP for 200ish more rep (anyone want to play casual PvP for a few matches?)
HoW Missions to unlock PoE (Anyone want to run them with me?)
PoE 28, 32 armor core! (Probably with MisterThirsty. Anyone else want to join?)
NF (E92 M3 and maybe Phenom with his shiny TLord?)
Glimmer Farm (I haz checkpoint! Who wants in besides a couple that msg'd me? 3 spots open!)

IB Last Minute purchases
Buy Hunter Helm from Variks before he changes.

I can help with whatever but I told Micah we would play Lego jurassic park too hehe

Two page toppers in one day! Top of page confession time again.

I wore my Nepal Guardian shirt to church yesterday and people asked me what "heart Bungie" meant. Lol

Top Bottom