• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

LOL @ Gothalion is hogging all the Destiny viewers.

He has all the top Destiny streamers on his channel. #Genius

http://www.twitch.tv/kinggothalion

Gjallarhorn_icon1.jpg

Never watched him before. Dude is funny. Will check him out again.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Yo fuck the Daily Heroic. The last section of this mission is bullshit on the highest degree solo. I've literally never seen this many enemies thrown at someone in a short period of time. Plus you have 5 Gates that are spawning more. Try to go after Skolas? He disappears behind you and shoots you while you are getting blasted from all sides. I died too many times and just ragequit.

I want to read more posts from gally-less people on vacation with no way to sign on...

because I'm slightly evil. And because that happened to me when Obsidian Mind was on sale and that was all I wanted at the time.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Yo fuck the Daily Heroic. The last section of this mission is bullshit on the highest degree solo. I've literally never seen this many enemies thrown at someone in a short period of time. Plus you have 5 Gates that are spawning more. Try to go after Skolas? He disappears behind you and shoots you while you are getting blasted from all sides. I died too many times and just ragequit.

Toss me an invite and ill
Gjallarhorn_icon1.jpg
him down

Just had a pretty good skolas run with umgawa; nearly made it to the end but had a nasty wipe. Any recommendations on how to deal with the mines at 25%?

Try to get his health down to just above 25%, aim for the health bar to be at the "k" in Skolas. Clear all the adds and make sure everyone has full rockets. Then burn him down and kill him before the mines spawn. The Devouring Essence and all the adds will disappear so you can clear the last mine wave in peace and quiet. Don't have to have all GHorns although obviously that got easier today.

From the Ghorn PSA thread.
Assplosion hype!

I'm happy for DJ Booya. Hopefully he writes some dope rap battle lyrics about it.

Deku Tree

Just invite someone from DGAF.
Post "Doing Daily now, jump in. PSN myID"
People will likely jump in and help you out.

Also you can try to destroy a bunch of the gates before Skolas comes out,
and if you back up to the early part of that section then you can try to slowly pick off the Adds. Popping a heavy synth and using your best RL helps too.

I usually just back up and the enemies will funnel to you. Take out a few. Drop some damage on Skolas. Rinse/Repeat. Maybe I am thinking of a different mission?

Lnkn52

Try to get his health down to just above 25%, aim for the health bar to be at the "k" in Skolas. Clear all the adds and make sure everyone has full rockets. Then burn him down and kill him before the mines spawn. The Devouring Essence and all the adds will disappear so you can clear the last mine wave in peace and quiet. Don't have to have all GHorns although obviously that got easier today.

I'm happy for DJ Booya. Hopefully he writes some dope rap battle lyrics about it.

Xur messed around with the GLord list

Gjallarhorn_icon1.jpg

void666

Banned

Is this the one in the VoG? If so i remember when i first did it.
"man this gonna be tou.. oh there's a cheese spot"

MechDX

Oh. I also finally got a benevolence to drop last night. So... That's two weapons I really wanted that will be shite in no time flat. Awesome.

That's my exact thought whenever I find anything now. Bungie should really have trickled out some preview type gameplay from TTK now to give players a small taste of what is to come and keep them motivated and involved.

Who am I kidding though. Bungie doesn't seem to make many wise decisions lately.

Yeah, we thought about doing that but I was lacking synths (and the glimmer to buy more :/), so we tried to do it legit and got some really gross mine placement. Wouldn't mind trying to do it again later today or tomorrow though.

Geist-

So, just bought Destiny last week for the Xbox One(name entered in this), got to Level 17, and now I hear some super rocket launcher is being sold for something called "Strange Coins"? Any benevolent GAFers want to help grind for a lowly newbie. :)

Yeah, we thought about doing that but I was lacking synths (and the glimmer to buy more :/), so we tried to do it legit and got some really gross mine placement. Wouldn't mind trying to do it again later today or tomorrow though.

Yeah, I getcha. Assuming you have a decent stash of Strange Coins, definitely stock up on heavy synth from Xur (5 packs per coin). Sometimes bad mine RNG can screw an otherwise solid run. I'll be doing Trials when that launches but also up for more Skolas kills and/or flawless raids later.

What is this image in the OP supposed to be BTW?

Which image? The link you posted says it no longer exists.

Lnkn52

Yeah, I getcha. Assuming you have a decent stash of Strange Coins, definitely stock up on heavy synth from Xur (5 packs per coin). Sometimes bad mine RNG can screw an otherwise solid run. I'll be doing Trials when that launches but also up for more Skolas kills and/or flawless raids later.

Which image? The link you posted says it no longer exists.

It was the Zoba gallery image.

Gjallarhorn_icon1.jpg

People really care about these twitch folks, eh?

I really dig datto becase of his awesome challenge raids (khostov crota and atheon. Not possible on atheon BTW), goth because his streams are lax and plays cool music, and triplewreck because he wrecks at this game. fun to watch sometimes.

Daemul

People really care about these twitch folks, eh?

The only Destiny Twitch folks I follow are the competitive players, and none of them seem to be at the meetup with the exception of TripleWreck, so I'm not interested in anything that goes on there.

Lnkn52

The only Destiny Twitch folks I follow are the competitive players, and none of them seem to be at the meetup with the exception of TripleWreck, so I'm not interested in anything that goes on there.

Well if DestinyCon becomes an official event and it's home is in Tampa, I would be extremely happy.

It happened didn't it? I just woke up. Is Xur selling Ghorn?
go back to sleep guardian.

Gjallarhorn_icon1.jpg

PuMa

I think it's a generation thing? I rarely watch Twitch streams. I do, however, really enjoy watching Unstable.

To each their own! No hateraid here.

Yeah, must be. I really can't get into any of the big streams with thousands of viewers. Too much of a cluster, and a lot of em seem too arrogant/immature.

Nghtly/Stabie is where it's at!

So, just bought Destiny last week for the Xbox One(name entered in this), got to Level 17, and now I hear some super rocket launcher is being sold for something called "Strange Coins"? Any benevolent GAFers want to help grind for a lowly newbie. :)

sorry man, alot of us on here are on PS4. I see you have the xbox list already. add a bunch of them to your FL. let them know your from GAF and send some messages. well get you there :)

Bought four engrams, no Ruin Wings :(

I think I'll blow the last of my motes on one more when I get home.

I really wanna run Ruin Wings with my extra heavy ammo boots, and my new Gally. :)

void666

Banned
No it's the final mission in the House of Wolves chain in the Citadel.

That is the one. I was mistaken. It's not VoG. But it has vex structures. There's vanishing platforms right?
After the platforms, to the left you can climb the structure. There's a portal nearby if i'm not mistaken. You will have to expose yourself to shoot him but at least won't get swarmed.

Top Bottom