• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Juraash

So I passed on ghorn on week two since coins were so tight. I heavily debated getting it then and I'm heavily debating it now. I'm crazy right? I had this same conundrum last week too. The value of what Xur is selling vs how usueful any of it will be in a few weeks.

FyreWulff

With the nerf incoming seems they don't give a fuck anymore.

It's almost like non-quest in the exotic isn't considered special enough to not be sold by Xur?

So I passed on ghorn on week two since coins were so tight. I heavily debated getting it then and I'm heavily debating it now. I'm crazy right? I had this same conundrum last week too. The value of what Xur is selling vs how usueful any of it will be in a few weeks.

Should get it to check off your grimoire. Which is what i should have done with all the Xur guns I wasn't interested in and don't have via drops

There's no downloading of data if that is what you're worried about. It's all server side (the cloud). It's easy as 1.2.3/

Gjallarhorn_icon1.jpg

for destiny yes but my psn profile is nothing? i know the 360 profile was quite large iirc.

So I passed on ghorn on week two since coins were so tight. I heavily debated getting it then and I'm heavily debating it now. I'm crazy right? I had this same conundrum last week too. The value of what Xur is selling vs how useful any of it will be in a few weeks.

YOLO

Kyoufu

Why WOULDN'T you buy it?

You get a minimum of 27 coins per week provided you're not doing it wrong. There's no reason to skip anything.

Week 2 I would understand, but it's not week 2.

E3Caa32.gif

Get it.

Hey thanks for jumping in, Sorry if we sounded rather rushed, it's 130am here!
We had some serious bad luck in that last go. But have to say you caught on quickly!
Sorry we couldn't get it done!

No worries, I figured it must have been getting late where you guys were; if you're up to give it a go some other time, just let me know!

OkayRene

Everyone's freaking out over Xur carrying Gjallarhorn and here I am dancing in my living room because I finally got something better than a mote of light out of a Dead Orbit Package.
Holy run on Batman
After 76 rank ups all i'm missing it The Nowhere shader and Fermi Solution. Might only have a month left to Earn that ship though :(

That cloak is awesome. What is that?!

stn

Noob questions!

1. Doing what I think is the campaign missions with a friend. Is my goal to finish them and get to level 20?

2. Is TKK going to be a full retail expansion equivalent to a full game? What is it bringing?

3. Are the first two expansions worth it?

Noob questions!

1. Doing what I think is the campaign missions with a friend. Is my goal to finish them and get to level 20?

2. Is TKK going to be a full retail expansion equivalent to a full game? What is it bringing?

3. Are the first two expansions worth it?

1. getting to level 20 is the first goal. although the taken king will bring a buff, that will automatically shoot any guardian, even a level 1 straight to the level requirement for TTK. whatever that will be

2. from the looks of it, the content is there. well worth the 40 bucks imo. new regular story missions. about 6 hours worth of story content, new strikes, maps, and a new raid ( I would have paid 40 just for a new raid, but dont mind me, I have a problem) it is also going to fix alot of the problems that day 1 players had with the game. such has grinding, leveling ect.

3. you need to have both expansions in order to even play TTK. with that said, if you only have vanilla destiny right now. do not buy the expansions as you can get teh full bundle of vanilla, both year one expansions, and the taken king for 60.00. if you buy the expansions and TTK right now, it will cost you 80.00 just for those.

I bought 3 horns. I debated more. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves, mmmmmmkay?

I mean, sounds like the horn is going to be "just another weapon" in a few days. Xur giveth, and Bungie taketh away (read: ripeth my gaming soul out)

This game hates me.

Daemul

Surprise, 2.0 Weapon patch inbound at 1pm eastern. I wouldn't be shocked if it happened. Actually I would laugh my ass off, sit back and watch the shit show.

Didn't Bungie say that the 2.0.0 weapon patch would follow hot on the heels of the Husk of the Pit patch? I wouldn't be surprised if we got it in the next week and a half.

RetroMG

Bought two more so that all three of my characters can have one. Hoping that the nerf won't be THAT bad and it will still be a useful weapon.

Also, my launch DS4 gave up the ghost. Guess I'm heading to Gamestop later today.

Shito

I bought 3 horns. I debated more. But, let's not get ahead of ourselves, mmmmmmkay?

I mean, sounds like the horn is going to be "just another weapon" in a few days. Xur giveth, and Bungie taketh away (read: ripeth my gaming soul out)

This game hates me.
I think you made the right choice: if the Horn is greatly nerfed, you can use the two extras to maybe level up other weapons, and if the nerf is "not that bad", you get to keep one on each character.

Bought two more so that all three of my characters can have one. Hoping that the nerf won't be THAT bad and it will still be a useful weapon.

Also, my launch DS4 gave up the ghost. Guess I'm heading to Gamestop later today.

mines about ready to be taken out to the pasture. the touch pad is sticking horribly, the thumbs pads are worn and ripping and the options button has to pressed with the force of the gods.

Dave_6

This game hates me.

Congrats regardless Narmer! Hopefully they aren't going to nerf it too much.

LTWood12

This game hates me.

I'm optimistic that the nerf won't hurt it too much.

edit: Wish Xur sold Black Wax Idols so I could buy the fucking embalming orb.

Congrats regardless Narmer! Hopefully they aren't going to nerf it too much.

im not sure what they a gonna do, WP rounds do what now, 250 damage per rocket? havnt really paid attention in awhile. I think they worst they will do to it will be half that. still not too bad

Axoman

I'm optimistic that the nerf won't hurt it too much.

I think wolfpack rounds will get at least 50% reduction in damage, if not more. Could be 75%.

It was the only weapon change that didn't have a percentage associated with it, I think that was intentional because they didn't want people to know just how large the nerf is.

stn

3. you need to have both expansions in order to even play TTK. with that said, if you only have vanilla destiny right now. do not buy the expansions as you can get teh full bundle of vanilla, both year one expansions, and the taken king for 60.00. if you buy the expansions and TTK right now, it will cost you 80.00 just for those.
Right on! I was looking to buy the first two expansions, will hold out now. Will this bundle be available both digitally and physically? Thanks.

lt519

I honestly thought they'd troll us and the day he sold Gjallahorn the price would be like 200 strange coins and people would spend all weekend grinding them out.

Top Bottom