• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Rehsa

But, but why not

dgR4ewL.png

or

nC1q5TZ.jpg

00779e5a7ed256a2318809b73a3cbcfc.jpg

I wonder if the same bug that prevents suppression grenades from suppressing swinging bladedancers will prevent shadowshot from suppressing/tethering swinging bladedancers...

its hard tell how many times I was not able to jump thanks to my own suppression grenade.

or killed by my own tripmine.......

I suck at this game

Regarding the "don't dismantle anything yet" statement from the BWU(I think, I forget), is anyone else stockpiling useless legendaries in hopes that they might be used for something?

Am I crazy for doing this?

Looks like we will hit OT 28 late today or tomorrow depending on timezones and activity. Just a reminder that Gutz had a great time for the next OT

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond.

Daemul

Honestly, soloing the nightfall this week a couple of times made me realize that I at least would really be into deadly but vulnerable enemies. Doing careful guerilla warfare against hobs capable of one-shotting me, but that went down in just two or three shots from my Fang of Ir Yut was super exciting. In a weird sort of way, I got the kind of high off it I get from playing stealth tactical games, especially since it was Nightfall and getting one-shotted meant starting the level over from the beginning.

I dunno. Maybe that's just my thing and the player base overall would just hate it.

This reminds me of the Metro games where on the highest difficulty level enemies can one hit you, but you can also one hit them as well. It made for an utterly nerve wrecking, but brilliant experience.

I would gladly be up for designs like this in Destiny.

Regarding the "don't dismantle anything yet" statement from the BWU(I think, I forget), is anyone else stockpiling useless legendaries in hopes that they might be used for something?

Am I crazy for doing this?
I was going to but I kept forgetting out of habit lol

I got nowhere to put them anyway

phen0m24

This reminds me of the Metro games where on the highest difficulty level enemies can one hit you, but you can also one hit them as well. It made for an utterly nerve wrecking, but brilliant experience.

I would gladly be up for designs like this in Destiny.

I soloed a couple this week as well and it was really fun. :) (joined at the end by friends, of course) :)

Not something I would want to do without cover though. Holy cow those Hobgoblins.

Ophelion

I soloed a couple this week as well and it was really fun. :) (joined at the end by friends, of course) :)

Not something I would want to do without cover though. Holy cow those Hobgoblins.

Yeah. Level design would become paramount. Bungie would have to bring it on that front.

It could be great, though even as an optional difficulty thing above the hardest setting or something.

SnakeEyes

Banned
silly, we will hit OT 29 or 30 by the time TTK hits.

also, it wouldn't surprise me, and it would be pretty cool if they released each piece, 5 at a time each week, for 10 weeks. kind of like the queens bounties. Each piece will be a bounty and they will have just vague clues or riddles as to there whereabouts. like a scavenger hunt.
That'd piss so many people off. I'd rather all go into the wild at once, and then have to actually hunt for them. Scavenger Hunts are fun :)

Just thinking on that, would've been neat if once you got all 50 Ghost pieces you unlocked a skin for your Ghost, as well as a Trophy/Achievement.

In answer to your post I do hope someone creates a google Doc for those that don't have time to explore the ship looking for the pieces. ^^

Can't wait for the DLC though, Have the physical CE pre-ordered,
Good thing about living in NZ, no mad dash for pre-orders
most times
Downside is, we're forced to buy our Physical CEs from EB Games.
I fucking hate EB Games.

phen0m24

Yeah. Level design would become paramount. Bungie would have to bring it on that front.

It could be great, though even as an optional difficulty thing above the hardest setting or something.

Two words, oph:

Destructible cover

Right? That would be fun. OR deployable cover.

Deku Tree

Silvard

Me and a friend are starting a NM Crota's End right now, let's flex those Gjallahorn, who's with us?

1. SilvardCT
2. elfokel

Two words, oph:

Destructible cover

Ghost should be more useful like the shadowfall bot but equippable utility abilities. Decoy and stuff. More tactics for pve.

Is anyone doing poe 34 or anything? Not having a lot of luck grouping for this psn itsnervedamage!

Ophelion

Two words, oph:

Destructible cover

YAS! Both, please. I mean, Titan bubble is already a kind of deployable cover, but unless you're rocking the right helm and Bad Juju, it's not reliably at your disposal. But maybe that's not a terrible thing. I dunno about that front. Would be kind of interesting if you could replace your heavy with a kind of deployable, destructible cover with ammo count. That would be pointless regularly, but would be a godsend in this imagined "Guardians Must Die" version of Destiny.

Arrrammis

I see so many people writing "TKK" seriously guys please stop IT'S NOT CALLED THE KAKEN KING
TTK is just annoying IMO, too many games use Time To Kill for that abbreviation (including Destiny). I try to use TK, because people seem to know what I'm talking about.

I'm curious to know how many people in the world actually have the Rumble grimoire completed. Can't be that many, can it?

No clue but I'm about to get on my Ram wearing blinking thorn + shotgun character now because I just lost like 5 games in a row with my Titan being in 2nd place often. The #1 guy has always been a blinking hunter

Tecnniqe

Banned
TTK is just annoying IMO, too many games use Time To Kill for that abbreviation (including Destiny). I try to use TK, because people seem to know what I'm talking about.

But TK is Team Kill :|

TTK is sorta confusing, but if people talk about TTK you'll notice it.

Top Bottom