• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Namikaze1

Okay, someone give me tips on Ash Factory Rerolling.
Currently I have Grenades and Horseshoes, Clown Cartridge, Heavy Payload, Fitted Stock and Single Point Sling.
I know G&H is the most important. Fitted Stock and SPS are probably useless on a RL.
Should I keep it with Clown Cartridge or try and get something else like Tripod or Tracking?
God roll is G&H, Javelin, and your pick of CC or Tripod (tripod is the better choice)

I honestly would go for Tripod. Clown Cartridge barely works for me on my Dreamwalker and having 3 rockets ready without reloading is a hell of a lot better than having one or two if CC works.

My Ash Factory has G&H, Javelin, and Tripod. Shit owns.

I don't get it, if Ghorn was overpowered, why have they waited so long to fix it?

you see, when they nerfed Auto rifles into oblivion it was sad yes, but would not have caused a riot, the love for suros was real, but it was equally hated because it dominated the crucible, much like the Thorn now. everyone uses it, but everyone hates it as well. there are plenty of thorn users, me included, but my reaction to the thorn nerf was "bout damn time"

The thing with Ghallahorn, is that it is universally loved. it didn't effect anybody but the user it was the real end game for alot of players. the golden carrot, and if hey took that away......

I guess they feel comfortable enough with the content of TTK they can comfortably give it out "no more carrot folks, we got lots of other carrots for you coming soon". and then nerf it as it wont be powerful in the new content anyway. lots of stories of commons outclassing year 1 raid gear.

Where have you been? Have you seen Narmer's disturbing post? I await some sort of Narmer gif for the next OT. :p

Narmer Quest™
on PS4
9/9/14 - 8/14/15

On many a day and into the night
Narmer and friends went forth to fight
In disarray often, sensibilities tabled
As was often the case, Hard Mode™ enabled.

Once Bytestyle stood ready - yet trouble was brewing
Narmer charged forth from the room "What the !@#$ is he doing?"
Fearless his charge - all damage to absorb
After much swearing - he was naught but an orb

A foolhardy challenge - not exactly the brightest
Carry Narmer through Crota?!! Yet he proved not the lightest.
"I got this" he exclaimed charging forth at BOTH ogres
A soul in the sky marked that run as quite OVER.

With each enemy vanquished and ammo depleted
Not receiving THAT reward left our hero defeated
True fun was had, jokes left teams rollin!
But alas, all too often his precious was stolen.

He tried not to care - would congratulate the other
But would gladly have traded both father and mother
Why so elusive - just how can this be?
Many nights were spent cursing that foul R.N.G.

49 Fridays till that bright August morn
When Narmer bought his Gjallarhorn.
Go forth to battle! Solar burn all the turf!!
Enjoy for a while -
till Luke brings the nerf.

Beautiful. :')

I don't get it, if Ghorn was overpowered, why have they waited so long to fix it?

the fact that is was overpowered wasn't why Bungie is making changes. it was the exclusive nature of the community that required people to have it before they were accepted into raids.

"don't have a Ghorn? sorry we found someone else who does"

that kind of attitude is shitty when you rely on RNG to get stuff and play with people.

Rehsa

Where have you been? Have you seen Narmer's disturbing post? I await some sort of Narmer gif for the next OT. :p

Narmer Quest™
on PS4
9/9/14 - 8/14/15

Enjoy for a while -

This is glorious, well done!

quoth the legend
who changed things

iowafan.gif

50 Rumble wins!

only 50 more #fuuuuuu

YOU CAN DO IT!

Narmer Quest™
on PS4
9/9/14 - 8/14/15

Enjoy for a while -

Fantastic. This will be sung for many years.

What does the future hold for us Guardians? What horrors will we come to bear when The Nerf™ is deployed?

Lunar FC

Okay, someone give me tips on Ash Factory Rerolling.
Currently I have Grenades and Horseshoes, Clown Cartridge, Heavy Payload, Fitted Stock and Single Point Sling.
I know G&H is the most important. Fitted Stock and SPS are probably useless on a RL.
Should I keep it with Clown Cartridge or try and get something else like Tripod or Tracking?

perfect roll would be:
hard launch, tripod, javelin, and G&H.
and also Arc, for no other reason this game has a severe lack of good arc rocket launchers.

Narmer Quest™
on PS4
9/9/14 - 8/14/15

Enjoy for a while -

I love this so much, you should make a poem every OT. it will tell the tale of the last OT. we will put it into the OT!.

I'm pessimistic that the nerf will be severe and will be released today.

As typical and trollish as that would be, I am sure they are, for once, willing to bask in the light of the goodwill generated by this.

I predicted Xur would sell it shortly before the next major expansion last year in order to drum up hype. No way are they going to blow it.

Deku Tree

Gjallarhorn #1
Got it from a legendary engram 24 hours before Xur sold it for the first time. This was back when legendary engrams could get you blue shit.

Gjallarhorn #2
Christmas week. Went and did nightfall with Zoba. I told him I'm gonna get Gjallarhorn. I totally called it.

Gjallarhorn #3-6
Dismantled. I was an idiot.

Gjallarhorn #7
Legendary engram.

Gjallarhorn #8
Trials Silver package. I stole it from Todd weeks before he got it from the Mercury chest.

Gjallarhorn #9-10
I bought them this morning.

Why?

Namikaze1

Because I have the coins to spare. Plus, if we have to sacrifice shit to upgrade year one exotics to year 2 level, then I have 3 unupgraded Gjallarhorn for each of my maxed out Gjallarhorn. Again, that's if that's the way to level them up. Won't know till the stream.

Because I have the coins to spare. Plus, if we have to sacrifice shit to upgrade year one exotics to year 2 level, then I have 3 unupgraded Gjallarhorn for each of my maxed out Gjallarhorn. Again, that's if that's the way to level them up. Won't know till the stream.

where did the fusion idea or hypothesis come from anyway? not doubting, just curious where the rumor started.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's been 329 days
3+2+9 = 14
It's August 14th
August is 6 letters
Half of 6 is 3
Xûr is three letters
A triangle has 3 sides

illuminati

Furyous

Gjallarhorn #1
Got it from a legendary engram 24 hours before Xur sold it for the first time. This was back when legendary engrams could get you blue shit.

Gjallarhorn #2
Christmas week. Went and did nightfall with Zoba. I told him I'm gonna get Gjallarhorn. I totally called it.

Gjallarhorn #3-6
Dismantled. I was an idiot.

Gjallarhorn #7
Legendary engram.

Gjallarhorn #8
Trials Silver package. I stole it from Todd weeks before he got it from the Mercury chest.

Gjallarhorn #9-10
I bought them this morning.

*little kid voice* I HATE YOU! *storms out of post mad as shit*

Ophelion

My major hope with the Gjallarhorn nerf is that it indicates that they intend to move away from bullet sponge bosses. If they're not trying to balance bosses against the horn's current intense DPS potential (because it's been reduced) then I'm hoping that means they're making changes in accordance to the bosses so that overall they just aren't so fucking tedious to murder.

Because a lot of the bosses in this game get really boring to kill about halfway in.

Honestly, soloing the nightfall this week a couple of times made me realize that I at least would really be into deadly but vulnerable enemies. Doing careful guerilla warfare against hobs capable of one-shotting me, but that went down in just two or three shots from my Fang of Ir Yut was super exciting. In a weird sort of way, I got the kind of high off it I get from playing stealth tactical games, especially since it was Nightfall and getting one-shotted meant starting the level over from the beginning.

I dunno. Maybe that's just my thing and the player base overall would just hate it.

Deku Tree

I have 951 strange coins and I have three max ghorns, two more max exp ghorns, and one more Unupgraded horn and I'm not buying any more gjallarhorns.

Tecnniqe

Banned
My major hope with the Gjallarhorn nerf is that it indicates that they intend to move away from bullet sponge bosses. If they're not trying to balance bosses against the horn's current intense DPS potential (because it's been reduced) then I'm hoping that means they're making changes in accordance to the bosses so that overall they just aren't so fucking tedious to murder.

Because a lot of the bosses in this game get really boring to kill about halfway in.

Honestly, soloing the nightfall this week a couple of times made me realize that I at least would really be into deadly but vulnerable enemies. Doing careful guerilla warfare against hobs capable of one-shotting me, but that went down in just two or three shots from my Fang of Ir Yut was super exciting. In a weird sort of way, I got the kind of high off it I get from playing stealth tactical games, especially since it was Nightfall and getting one-shotted meant starting the level over from the beginning.

I dunno. Maybe that's just my thing and the player base overall would just hate it.

Soooo high risk high reward?
"That Gjallarhorn came from Xur!"

Um, no... that just doesn't do it for me.
zAio9F1.jpg

Lee

I wonder if the same bug that prevents suppression grenades from suppressing swinging bladedancers will prevent shadowshot from suppressing/tethering swinging bladedancers...

phen0m24

Shito

Narmer Quest™
on PS4
9/9/14 - 8/14/15

Enjoy for a while -
Quoting this again because it deserves to be shared and told many and many nights again.
That is fantastic.
admirativeclap.gif

Top Bottom