• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Namikaze1

I'm curious to know how many people in the world actually have the Rumble grimoire completed. Can't be that many, can it?
I wanna know how many did using two friends to feed them enough kills for easy wins.

I should do this to get this grimoire over with.

phen0m24

What's going down in Tampa?

Gjallarhorn_icon1.jpg

DestinyCon, Lnkn

http://destinycon.co/

Kyoufu

I wanna know how many did using two friends to feed them enough kills for easy wins.

I'm tempted to do this too tbh. Having someone spend their free time feeding you for 100 games is a big ask though.

can you not play rumble with a full fireteam? it allows 6 players doesnt it

why wont this game allow me to shoot my own friends in the face 0/10

ocean

Banned
I feel like some people at Bungie are completely fucking disconnected from the community. There are crazy intricate spreadsheets on DPS and TTK for every gun in this game, hundreds of videos regarding optimal rolls for every gun, and they act like we have the "perception of balance" of a fucking toddler.

Sorry. Rant over. This guy just sounds super condescending. We know which guns are overpowered and it has nothing to do with how they sound. We play this game every day ffs.
Gjallarhorn "feels" more powerful than it is. It's something like 1.5-1.75x another RL. The way people talk about you you'd think it was an order of magnitude above the competition. He totally has a point.

Thorn, at launch, was capable of a double tap and ridiculous kills. It didn't feel powerful. The numbers and spreadsheets were there. Theoretical TTK for a double tap was the same then as it is now: 0.36s (it'll take longer for them to actually die but they'll be living dead waiting for DoT to finish them off).

I wouldn't go as far as they did, but community perception on a weapon's worth is often not that objective. 4th Horseman is not correctly recognized as the absolute king of burst DPS. Word of Crota got a ton of shit as being worthless. It's higher DPS than Fatebringer unless you're killing a mob of Thralls via Firefly. Atheon's Epilogue is still, and likely always will be, the fastest primary against Oracles. Objective analysis notwithstanding, the community talks about Unflinching Hand as absolutely essential when it's absolutely marginal and useful only at a fairly high level of play (reticle will move about 35% less but take the same time to return to the original alignment, this is not noticeable when hard scoping but very much so while drag scoping, depends on player and play style) whatever i digress. Corrective Measure is a regular, average Machine Gun. Sold by a vendor nobody would have held on to it. Still seen as essential despite the numbers. The Devil You Know is a regular ass hand cannon and people still regret deleting it. Low impact Hand Cannons (Word of Crota archetype) have better TTK than Fatebringer/Red Hand IX archetype, but nobody uses them. Best machine gun in PvP? It's green. Xerxes-C with Aggressive Ballistics + Focus Fire. Count with one hand how many times you've been killed by it. Meanwhile some guys still rock Hunger of Crota in Crucible despite no proximity and low ammo count.

They overstated the power of sound effects. But to suggest this is an Eve Online-style community that follows the spreadsheets objectively ignores the fact that cool factor and personal preferences go a super long way here.

Lee

Twitch is starting to grow on me. I never saw the appeal, and I still don't watch very much of it at all, but to pull a few players out of the community based not on looks (more true for guys than girls to be fair) or even necessarily skill but just their love and passion for the game, and help them make money doing it, is pretty cool.

Ours would have to be

DESTINYGAF CON

That would be epic

Really can't wait to see how many coins were spent on Horns.

will have to have it in the PNW becuase thats where Bungie is, and the will come.

I also live in the PNW and cant travel

everyone shall cater to my needs.

Im feeling weird today, sorry gaf

Namikaze1

I'm tempted to do this too tbh. Having someone spend their free time feeding you for 100 games is a big ask though.
I would do it only if my teammates help me to 100 wins. I would gladly return the favor by playing 200 more matches.
can you not play rumble with a full fireteam? it allows 6 players doesnt it

why wont this game allow me to shoot my own friends in the face 0/10
Rumble only allows a fireteam of 3. Though there's huge chance you may end up facing another fireteam if you bring your own.

I would do it only if my teammates help me to 100 wins. I would gladly return the favor by playing 200 more matches.

Rumble only allows a fireteam of 3. Though there's huge chance you may end up facing another fireteam if you bring your own.

I know i was being facetious or whatever. Im in a strange mood today, I dont know why.

Lee

Gjallarhorn "feels" more powerful than it is. It's something like 1.5-1.75x another RL. The way people talk about you you'd think it was an order of magnitude above the competition. He totally has a point.

Thorn, at launch, was capable of a double tap and ridiculous kills. It didn't feel powerful. The numbers and spreadsheets were there. Theoretical TTK for a double tap was the same then as it is now: 0.36s (it'll take longer for them to actually die but they'll be living dead waiting for DoT to finish them off).

I wouldn't go as far as they did, but community perception on a weapon's worth is often not that objective. 4th Horseman is not correctly recognized as the absolute king of burst DPS. Word of Crota got a ton of shit as being worthless. It's higher DPS than Fatebringer unless you're killing a mob of Thralls via Firefly. Atheon's Epilogue is still, and likely always will be, the fastest primary against Oracles. Objective analysis notwithstanding, the community talks about Unflinching Hand as absolutely essential when it's absolutely marginal and useful only at a fairly high level of play (reticle will move about 35% less but take the same time to return to the original alignment, this is not noticeable when hard scoping but very much so while drag scoping, depends on player and play style) whatever i digress. Corrective Measure is a regular, average Machine Gun. Sold by a vendor nobody would have held on to it. Still seen as essential despite the numbers. The Devil You Know is a regular ass hand cannon and people still regret deleting it. Low impact Hand Cannons (Word of Crota archetype) have better TTK than Fatebringer/Red Hand IX archetype, but nobody uses them. Best machine gun in PvP? It's green. Xerxes-C with Aggressive Ballistics + Focus Fire. Count with one hand how many times you've been killed by it. Meanwhile some guys still rock Hunger of Crota in Crucible despite no proximity and low ammo count.

They overstated the power of sound effects. But to suggest this is an Eve Online-style community that follows the spreadsheets objectively ignores the fact that cool factor and personal preferences go a super long way here.

Thorn was my first exotic and it was very different before the tuning. High recoil, slow to reload, and hard to land shots. Other than that, great break down. I retract my rant.

phen0m24

will have to have it in the tri-state area because that's where Colonel is, and they will come regardless.

FTFY Rob.

;)

I would be willing to bet, that if we held something - Gathering of Guardian Lords, or some nonsense, we could invite Luke, Urk, Mark - and at least one of them would show up. I mean, they have all that
Activision
marketing money. lol

Switched to blink thorn shotgun ram warlock. Just won my first match. . .and it felt so good using Thorn again. I've been solely using the messenger for the last month.

Namikaze1

I'd be down to do this but we'd need one other willing soul.

And it would have to be at a good time since timezones etc.
I would spread it across 2 weeks if I had a team willing. Get one guy to rank 1 one day, get another the day, and so on and so forth. Play 25 games a day.

That's my plan of course. I need less than 20 for rank 1.

What is the max Grimoire for PS4?

Destinystatus.com has it at 3655, but that seems low.
Maxed grimoire is 3670. I have 3635 right now and am missing 35 points, 10 of which were never awarded to me due to being bugged.

Edit: it's 3665? Really?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Doing 32 poe if anyone would like in (solo right now). PSN is monsterfracas_

I'm on mobile atm so just send a fr or join if you're already on my list. No mic or anything, just a quick run

FTFY Rob.

;)

I would be willing to bet, that if we held something - Gathering of Guardian Lords, or some nonsense, we could invite Luke, Urk, Mark - and at least one of them would show up. I mean, they have all that
Activision
marketing money. lol

but colonel, its so nice here, heavily forested, beautiful weather, we have 4 seasons huh huh. its great in the spring time, there is even a giant phallic symbol in Seattle. got to see that. we can even visit Nintendo!

phen0m24

but colonel, its so nice here, heavily forested, beautiful weather, we have 4 seasons huh huh. its great in the spring time, there is even a giant phallic symbol in Seattle. got to see that. we can even visit Nintendo!

Dude I went to a buddy's wedding in Portland (I know, not WA) in August and I FELL IN LOVE. WOW the weather was immaculate
read: not raining
and I had never seen trees so tall.

We saw waterfalls, nobody had air conditioning, holy cow.

Aaaaaand back to New Jersey. :(
Wish I could sell my craptastic condo and get out of here

Dude I went to a buddy's wedding in Portland (I know, not WA) in August and I FELL IN LOVE. WOW the weather was immaculate

the furthest east i have ever been is Butte Montana, One day I plan to travel to the east coast. You have to at least once in your life.

It's okay man. It's okay

phen0m24

Good stuff! The few times I've played Rumble I manage to lead before just missing out at 2nd place. It's pretty frustrating and soul crushing tbh.

The few times I've played Rumble I managed to lose miserably and don't even sniff first or 2nd place. It was pretty frustrating and soul crushing TBH.

:p

Anastasis

Always appreciate your truth bombs Ocean!

X-Frame

I wonder if there is a way for Bungie to see how many people reinstalled (or simply installed) Destiny today. Or just the total play count today, that may be interesting too.

I would think maybe more people logged on today than with any DLC.

Top Bottom