• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just to be clear... there's another OT in between this one and the one I'm making. Ya'll guardians churn through these things like butter gat damn.

Deku Tree

Just to be clear... there's another OT in between this one and the one I'm making. Ya'll guardians churn through these things like butter gat damn.

Judging by the posting rate in this one, there is probably going to be two OTs in between this one and the TTK launch time one.

tjohn86

If i have 4 strange coins and am level 28... is it possible for me to earn enough to buy the Gallajorn or whatever before its gone?

Also what weapon should I use now?

Namikaze1

Wait, Drizzay ain't making the OT for Taken King.

Damn, that means the gif I made a month back for Year 2 won't be used. :(

border

If i have 4 strange coins and am level 28... is it possible for me to earn enough to buy the Gallajorn or whatever before its gone?

Also what weapon should I use now?

Gjallarhorn will disappear around 4 or 5 AM EST tonight, I believe. If you are willing to play hard until then it should not be an issue.

Have you run the Weekly Heroic Strike yet? See if you can get away with doing it on Level 30. That should mean more coins for you.

You should at least slightly be focused on getting better gear so that you can run the highest level Weekly Heroic (32) for more coins. How many Vangaurd or Crucible marks do you have?

The best way to go about it after you are doing with the Weekly Strike is to play Vanguard Dragon or PoE28 playslist as much as possible. Each one gets you blue engrams that can possibly turn into coins when given to the Cryptarch. Each one also gives you Vanguard marks that you can use to buy high-level gear from your class quartermaster. I would recommend picking up the Chest or Boots for 75 Vanguard marks.

If you complete the quest chain from Eris Morn, you can also get a set of Legendary Gloves without spending any marks

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Now I can see why some people have hundreds of Strange Coins. Just got another 5 from PoE. They've mad this much easier since launch.

I'll probably pick up TTK now. Got burned out before since the reward for playtime and stuff was so shit. Now I feel I have a reason to play again.

tjohn86

Gjallarhorn will disappear around 4 or 5 AM EST tonight, I believe. If you are willing to play hard until then it should not be an issue.

Have you run the Weekly Heroic Strike yet? See if you can get away with doing it on Level 30. That should mean more coins for you.

You should at least slightly be focused on getting better gear so that you can run the highest level Weekly Heroic (32) for more coins. How many Vangaurd or Crucible marks do you have?

The best way to go about it after you are doing with the Weekly Strike is to play Vanguard Dragon or PoE28 playslist as much as possible. Each one gets you blue engrams that can possibly turn into coins when given to the Cryptarch. Each one also gives you Vanguard marks that you can use to buy high-level gear from your class quartermaster. I would recommend picking up the Chest or Boots for 75 Vanguard marks.

If you complete the quest chain from Eris Morn, you can also get a set of Legendary Gloves without spending any marks

Damn I thought I had until Sunday night. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I'll use your other advice to get my level up though.

Is there a specific weapon I should farm for? I am using some purple auto right now.

Mindlog

Damn I thought I had until Sunday night. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I'll use your other advice to get my level up though.

Is there a specific weapon I should farm for? I am using some purple auto right now.
Have you done the weekly yet?
Between the Weekly and PoE you should be able to get enough in a reasonable timeframe.
NF. Just before the boss. Last call to get ur easy loot!
Also this ^^^^
I got 11 coins from one of my Nightfall runs.

TTK retail question: Does anybody know if I buy the 360 legendary and redeem the DLC codes I will get the free X1 upgrade? Is that carrying over for year 2 or was that only if I bought in Xbox game store on the console for year 1?

1) I unlocked Wolfpack rounds at 2am this morning.

2) I just need the golden chests for the year one deal. Anyone have a good guide or website for that? I don't even know which ones I have and haven't gotten.
There's a website that helps track which golden chest you have and don't. Done by the same group that did the ghost tracker website.

EL CUCO

There's a website that helps track which golden chest you have and don't. Done by the same group that did the ghost tracker website.
Oooh I need to know what this site is. I'm missing 4 chests but since idk which one's they are, haven't bothered with it

Posting for new page:

TTK retail question: Does anybody know if I buy the 360 legendary and redeem the DLC codes I will get the free X1 upgrade? Is that carrying over for year 2 or was that only if I bought in Xbox game store on the console for year 1?

TentPole

Just finished my first nightfall. Blade dancer stealth revives are not as useful as I expected them to be.
Next time I'm gonna prioritize damage.

Top Bottom