• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Lee

Preparing for TTK checklist:

1. Buy upgrade materials from quartermasters.
  2. Buy heavy ammo from Xur.
  3. Don't dismantle things

What else am I missing?

Can you explain why people should do what you suggest (And the things may suggest in the future)? The stream was cutting in and out for me and I would love to hear a detailed explanation of what is best to do.

Sure.

1. Buy planetary upgrade materials now because it looks like they might not be for sale any longer and you might need to farm them.

Evidence: ghost shells all have perks related to finding planetary mats. Quartermaster no longer appears to sell them.

2. Buy heavy ammo from Xur because you can exchange it for faction rep.

Evidence: shown on today's stream.

3. Don't dismantle anything because I'm not sure how the collections work and if I need things on that day for them to show up in my collection or if it will look back to day one and give me everything I've ever had, also because dismantling legendaries will give legendary marks and who knows what dismantling exotics will give, if anything.

That's all I've got so far.

I'm seeing a lot of "no year 2 Gjallarhorn," which very well may be the case, but no one has said where that info is from.

Just our eyes and tautological evidence.

It could definitely change.

I bet they'll just keep a steady stream of remixes coming. I hope so, because I know there will be some Y1 exotics I won't get before 9.15.

Shito

I'm seeing a lot of "no year 2 Gjallarhorn," which very well may be the case, but no one has said where that info is from.
Deej had a year 1 Horn, but no option for a year 2 one.
I believe there is no year 2 Horn.
Better make peace with this guys, we'll find something else. :)

lt519

He had a Gjallahorn he bought from Xur and it didn't show up in the Year 2 Heavy Weapon list. The working assumption is that if you had it Year 1 it showed up highlighted versus grayed out (he had a grayed out Dragon's Breath) and that if you had it in Year 1 it shows up automatically in Year 2.

1. From the stream it looked like the quartermasters aren't going to sell materials anymore. This also lines up with Ghosts now showing gathering nodes and/or boosting how much you gather from nodes.

2. I have no idea, I'd love clarification on that one.

3. Because you'll get more benefits from dismantling them once the expansion drops, or they can be used on other weapons somehow (to increase attack values?)

I'd love for someone to clarify 2 and 3, because I missed most of those thanks to a stupid work call.

Only more powerful weapons can be used to infuse.

FkBpa.gif

what is this from?

thanks

Lots of good info released. Overall I am very pleased with the direction of loot drops, RNG tweaks etc,

The only thing that gives me pause is that I get the feeling I will never have a PvE loadout as brutally efficient as pre-nerf Fatebringer/Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn. Sure, we will have lots of new and fun things to play with, but it wont be the same. It makes me sad.

if the new system leads to "builds" and more weapons being viable for encounters then good riddance to the Fatebringer/Blackhammer/Gally days I am sick of running the same stuff over and over.

Lots of good info released. Overall I am very pleased with the direction of loot drops, RNG tweaks etc,

The only thing that gives me pause is that I get the feeling I will never have a PvE loadout as brutally efficient as pre-nerf Fatebringer/Black Hammer/Gjallarhorn. Sure, we will have lots of new and fun things to play with, but it wont be the same. It makes me sad.

delume

Hey all. I have recently started to enjoy some Destiny again after being lured in by the TTK hype. Things have changed a bit since I last played. The variety of materials I have in my vault (energy, shards, marks, commendations, etc.) seem to have little purpose with Etheric Light and Exotic Shards taken the may roll of upgrading. Is there a guide or discussion somewhere about what to keep and what to do with what I am not keeping? Thanks, things are a bit cluttered. :)

stb

Preparing for TTK checklist:

1. Buy upgrade materials from quartermasters.
  2. Buy heavy ammo from Xur.
  3. Don't dismantle things

What else am I missing?

1. From the stream it looked like the quartermasters aren't going to sell materials anymore. This also lines up with Ghosts now showing gathering nodes and/or boosting how much you gather from nodes.

2. I have no idea, I'd love clarification on that one.

3. Because you'll get more benefits from dismantling them once the expansion drops, or they can be used on other weapons somehow (to increase attack values?)

I'd love for someone to clarify 2 and 3, because I missed most of those thanks to a stupid work call.

#2 is because you can "donate" ammo synths to faction vendors for rep, I think.

LiK

i rarely use G-Horn anyway unless it's for PVE so i'm fine if it doesn't carry over. but it's a beautiful weapon. best looking weapon in the game next to the Hawkmoon.

lt519

that first one IS a class item. it's a warlock bond

Oh thought it was Gauntlets. Awesome, thanks! That's great news then, you still have to pick perks but at least you can level up a bunch of different ones.

#2 is because you can "donate" ammo synths to faction vendors for rep, I think.

It was only 1 Heavy Ammo per rep package too which seemed to be the cheapest option if you buy Heavy Ammo at 1 coin for 5 packs at Xur. That is a lot of rep packages if you go spend 50 coins.

Shito

I've been playing the game for almost a year. Throw me a bone here, bungie.
You'll have plenty of new content to burn through that will earn you new marks.
Enjoy it.
You don't need 1200 marks on day 1 to make every new drop "meh" because you just bought a full set of new legendary /exotic hotness.

It's not a huge deal but it does probably mean more trips to and from the Tower across all three characters between grinding sessions. Hard to say until we experience it firsthand.

Also, are the prices still the same? I didn't catch any of that.

I don't think any more trips than normal. Most people aren't going to be buying more than one thing a day at most. People visit the tower at least once a day anyway.

Just seems petty to be upset about.

Owensboro

I don't think any more trips than normal. Most people aren't going to be buying more than one thing a day at most. People visit the tower at least once a day anyway.

Just seems petty to be upset about.

True, gotta get daily quests somehow after all, even if you don't have to go back to the tower to turn them in.

Axoman

So, we can have a select few of our exotics in year 2, but we have to completely re-level them first. Why? Time to Dark Below everything again.

They probably think it's ok to do this because the signature perk is unlocked from the start?

I shouldn't have to relevel an exotic I already have.

Now, if a new one drops or I buy from Xur, sure.

Daemul

So Vanguard and Crucible marks don't carry over, meaning that I can spend the 1200 I have right now on stocking up resources?

LTWood12

Just our eyes and tautological evidence.

It could definitely change.

I bet they'll just keep a steady stream of remixes coming. I hope so, because I know there will be some Y1 exotics I won't get before 9.15.

Deej had a year 1 Horn, but no option for a year 2 one.
I believe there is no year 2 Horn.
Better make peace with this guys, we'll find something else. :)

He had a Gjallahorn he bought from Xur and it didn't show up in the Year 2 Heavy Weapon list. The working assumption is that if you had it Year 1 it showed up highlighted versus grayed out (he had a grayed out Dragon's Breath) and that if you had it in Year 1 it shows up automatically in Year 2.

But they never showed what was on the 'Collection 2' page did they?

You'll have plenty of new content to burn through that will earn you new marks.
Enjoy it.
You don't need 1200 marks on day 1 to make every new drop "meh" because you just bought a full set of new legendary /exotic hotness.

Man, I just want a fancy ghost shell, lol. The rep commendations will help for the alt I plan on creating after TTk drops, though, so there's a silver lining.

How can I play year one Destiny now that I've seen what I have seen?

Get all the planetary mats that you can, ASAP via your current marks.
Make your faction reps as close to full as possible.
Get all the heavy synths you can. Do them weeklies!
Enjoy guns the way they are now and possibly not available in year 2.
More legendary year 1 guns = more legendary marks = more engrams for new stuff!

Sure.

1. Buy planetary upgrade materials now because it looks like they might not be for sale any longer and you might need to farm them.

Evidence: ghost shells all have perks related to finding planetary mats. Quartermaster no longer appears to sell them.

2. Buy heavy ammo from Xur because you can exchange it for faction rep.

Evidence: shown on today's stream.

3. Don't dismantle anything because I'm not sure how the collections work and if I need things on that day for them to show up in my collection or if it will look back to day one and give me everything I've ever had, also because dismantling legendaries will give legendary marks and who knows what dismantling exotics will give, if anything.

That's all I've got so far.
What is the ratio for heavy ammo to faction rep?

lt519

Hey all. I have recently started to enjoy some Destiny again after being lured in by the TTK hype. Things have changed a bit since I last played. The variety of materials I have in my vault (energy, shards, marks, commendations, etc.) seem to have little purpose with Etheric Light and Exotic Shards taken the may roll of upgrading. Is there a guide or discussion somewhere about what to keep and what to do with what I am not keeping? Thanks, things are a bit cluttered. :)

Thread is moving fast..

Everything you have (raid materials) can be traded in for motes of light or glimmer at the Speaker. We don't know about Etheric Light yet. Exotic Shards can still be used Year 2 to purchase Year 1 exotics from the blue print machine from what we've seen. Commendations can be used to gain rep, marks will be converted into new commendations when TTK hits and a new type of mark will have to be earned. I wouldn't worry too much; glimmer, motes of light, and the new legendary marks seem to be the main currency. So if you are out of room trade some old materials for motes or glimmer.

But they never showed what was on the 'Collection 2' page did they?

That was where the Year 1 Heavy and Special Weapons were, they flipped back to Page 1 to show Year 2 Exotics and Year 1 Primaries. This is all from memory but I think it is correct.

What is the ratio for heavy ammo to faction rep?

1 Heavy Ammo, I'm spending everything I have on Heavy Ammo.

Mindlog

It's not gating progress at all. I don't think you're understaning how it works. Literally the only negative to the system is that you can't stockpile marks, but I don't understand why you'd want to do that.
Yeah what's most likely what's going on. We've played the game so long that we no longer understand how the economy works. Two hundred Marks across three characters is fine. You can grind all week without hitting a cap now!

It reminds me of the time before Dark Below when we were told that upgrading exotics would be an 'immediate jump in power' when the people actually playing the game knew that losing perks would actually be a significant reduction in power and usefulness.

If prices are reduced by 1/6 across the board then I'll apologize.

Top Bottom