• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

I will cannibalize NOTHING until 9/15 and I really see what's up. Anything else is just speculation right now. And honestly, I will keep a couple old-school weapons (Shadow Price, FB, VoC and maybe my Badger) just because.

well I meant after TTK, we aint getting the vault space until then anyway

Nami hasn't even warmed up yet. You guys have no chance.

Eh, Nami is slipping in his old age

todd360

youll never catch me todd! NEVER!

Oh please. Nami is ahead of both of us on this list. Maybe not now, but he will be when it counts.

Don't do it Tood. If you think we're bad wait till you see gaming side. Replies will be something along the lines of, "how could you fill the vault. This game sux and the loot is bad. You probably filled it with guns you got from shooting a cave"

My name is being misspelled so much now that i'm never sure if the poster is fucking with me or was typing to fast.

Vault space is cool and all but I don't think it's a megaton like most on here. Tbh I am surprised they actually did something about it. Although we could have guessed they would put it behind a paywall. Or did they say it's coming to the base game as well?

zewone

I dismantled that shitty Crota's End hunter cloak. You'll never see me with that ugly piece of shit on!

That's crazy. I was just sitting here thinking, "Man, I wonder if I'll ever see Namikaze with the Crota's End hunter cloak on?"

Now I won't have to worry about it.

Daemul

I'm watching the Infusion part of the stream again and from what I gathered it seems like you can get any year 2 legendary or exotic up to the max light level as long as you infuse it with a stronger piece of raid level gear, so thankfully it seems we won't be going back to all looking the same like we did pre-HoW.

This brings up again question though, because if old legendaries don't break down into the new materials and they can't be used for infusion since they have a lower light level than even the green weapons, then what the fuck is the point in keeping them? The only reason I can see for keeping them is the gear check Bungie are meant to do on launch day.

On the vault space thing, as someone who has never had problems with vault space the expansion announcement didn't do anything for me, all I saw was more empty blocks that I'm never going to use, so the stream would have been far better for me if they had just gotten done with the vault space thing at the start and focused on the more important stuff for the rest of the stream, instead of the cringe worthy and staged build up that we got.

Alas, it is the number one most asked for feature from the community, so Bungie had to make a show of it I suppose, but with our old shit being made obsolete, is vault space even an issue anymore, or are people still going to be hoarding shit they don't use? Who am I kidding, of course hoarders are gonna hoard.
KuGsj.gif

Mindlog

Completely forgot the real first reason I went with Future War Clowns.
That rich +Int - +Disc armor.

Future War Clowns forever.
This brings up again question though, because if old legendaries don't break down in the new materials and they can't be used for infusion since they have a lower light level than even the green weapons, then what the fuck is the point in keeping them? The only reason I can see for keeping them is the gear check Bungie are meant to do on launch day.
I'm hoping it's for that reason. Between daily packages, bounties and red bulls we should be able to hit 40 quick.
I'm also in the camp that would much rather use a maxxed subclass than level a subclass.

todd360

Vault space is cool and all but I don't think it's a megaton like most on here. Tbh I am surprised they actually did something about it. Although we could have guessed they would put it behind a paywall. Or did they say it's coming to the base game as well?

Look u guise! Someone who understands me! I'm not alone!

This was supposed to be a happy destiny day and now everyone is mad at me because of Deej. Thanks a lot Deej.

I think they over compensated on this actually.
they now allow us to remove our exotics from the vault, freeing up alot of space right there, then introduce infusion which encourages us to cannibalize legendaries to make other better legendaries. freeing up even more space. I think its too much space. im going to get lost in that vault

LiK

I'm watching the Infusion part of the stream again and from what I gathered it seems like you can get any year 2 legendary or exotic up to the max light level as long as you infuse it with a stronger raid level weapon, so thankfully it seems we won't be going back to all looking the same like we did pre-HoW.

This brings up again question though, because if old legendaries don't break down in the new materials and they can't be used for infusion since they have a lower light level than even the green weapons, then what the fuck is the point in keeping them? The only reason I can see for keeping them is the gear check Bungie are meant to do on launch day.

On the vault space thing, I'm someone who has never had problems with vault space the expansion announcement didn't do anything for me, all I saw was more empty blocks that I'm never going to use, so the stream would have been far better for me if they had just gotten done with the vault space thing at the start and focused on the more important stuff for the rest of the stream, instead of the cringe worthy and staged build up that we got.

Alas, it is the number most asked for feature from the community, so Bungie had to make a show of it I suppose, but with our old shit being made obsolete, is vault space even an issue anymore, or are people still going to be hoarding shit they don't use? Who am I kidding, of course hoarders are gonna hoard.
KuGsj.gif

can't help but hoard because the next weapon balance or tweak could potentially make certain guns better or worse.

zewone

I'm watching the Infusion part of the stream again and from what I gathered it seems like you can get any year 2 legendary or exotic up to the max light level as long as you infuse it with a stronger piece of raid level gear, so thankfully it seems we won't be going back to all looking the same like we did pre-HoW.

On the vault space thing, I'm someone who has never had problems with vault space the expansion announcement didn't do anything for me, all I saw was more empty blocks that I'm never going to use, so the stream would have been far better for me if they had just gotten done with the vault space thing at the start and focused on the more important stuff for the rest of the stream, instead of the cringe worthy and staged build up that we got.

Alas, it is the number most asked for feature from the community, so Bungie had to make a show of it I suppose, but with our old shit being made obsolete, is vault space even an issue anymore, or are people still going to be hoarding shit they don't use? Who am I kidding, of course hoarders are gonna hoard.
KuGsj.gif

Raid gear has a higher atk/def than year 2 exotics?

Lnkn52

Look u guise! Someone who understands me! I'm not alone!

This was supposed to be a happy destiny day and now everyone is mad at me because of Deej. Thanks a lot Deej.
They told us it wasn't possible because of last gen consoles.
So color us surprised?

Namikaze1

Nami hasn't even warmed up yet. You guys have no chance.
Igordennis knows what's up.
well I meant after TTK, we aint getting the vault space until then anyway

Eh, Nami is slipping in his old age
I ain't slipping. Just watch. I'll be back on top.

Oh please. Nami is ahead of both of us on this list. Maybe not now, but he will be when it counts.
Even the captain knows what's gonna happen.

best cloak with Thunderdevil shader. gonna be my main cloak now that i no longer need to use Dead Orbit.
I hated the look. It was ugly.

Im a raid hoarder. I cant dismantle any of it
Not even song of ir yut or hezen veangence
Still dont have the Titan chest piece dammit!
I'm mad at myself for deleting the VoG armor gear for all three classes back in March. Still haven't gotten all of them.

That's crazy. I was just sitting here thinking, "Man, I wonder if I'll ever see Namikaze with the Crota's End hunter cloak on?"

That's crazy. I was just sitting here thinking, "Man, I wonder if I'll ever see zewone sarcastically reply to some gaffer's post?"

todd360

They told us it wasn't possible because of last gen consoles.
So color us surprised?

Le sigh. They straight up told us that they were working on/had a solution for vault space. This wasn't a huge reveal out of nowhere.

I'm done talking about this. We got more space. I'm thankful, but not hyped. End of discussion.

MrDaravon

I feel like I'm going crazy, didn't they say that the reputation recommendations or whatever they're called that current Vanguard/Crucible Marks are going to convert to will show up day one at your Postmaster? Isn't that going to totally screw people hoarding public event care packages there?

FyreWulff

these are all stuff for everyone. you only need to own taken king to play taken king specific content and acquire taken king weapons

So people that don't own Taken King in September will only be able to use and find Year 1 Exotics for example, but they'll get vault space, the blueprints, etc

Is there a chat log? People were talking about me? I wasn't even there. I was working.

I don't think so. Twitch chat is kinda dumb from my experience, like you can't even look at comments from a few minutes before you signed on. I think we were just trying to figure out if you were in chat.

Mindlog

I feel like I'm going crazy, didn't they say that the reputation recommendations or whatever they're called that current Vanguard/Crucible Marks are going to convert to will show up day one at your Postmaster? Isn't that going to totally screw people hoarding public event care packages there?
We don't know how exactly it's going to work.
Last time commendations stacked so there's that. Hopefully it will just take up two slots max.

MrDaravon

Anyone on PSN doing any VoG, Crota, or PoE? Haven't touched any of that except for one VoG on one of my characters, and I've never fought the PoE bosses for both the 32 and 34 this week so looking to get their grimoire cards if nothing else.

todd360

Cool blog, bro.

Eh. I could take him or leave him. He was no todd360, man. ;)

lol.

I don't think so. Twitch chat is kinda dumb from my experience, like you can't even look at comments from a few minutes before you signed on. I think we were just trying to figure out if you were in chat.

I wish I could have seen that. Sounds hilarious. Yo is todd here? You mean Todd69? Nah man todd360. I know that guy!

I remember reading a post Ghaleon made a while ago recounting how fascinating it's been to see Bungie polish this game. Maybe most people couldn't care for the "beta testing phase" of the last year, but I value being able to look back on it - for better or worse. The new players jumping in next month will be getting an incredible package for $60, but they'll have missed out on many things beyond a few faction weapons and public events.

Nobody is going to say that the things we saw on stream today are innovative or revolutionary changes. Indeed they are things that ought to have been there at the start, many of them comically so. Yet I personally feel more invested in the game that I am able to watch Bungie both misstep and course correct. From the simple things like UI changes to the larger things like the economy and encounter design, I appreciate that I've had the opportunity to bear witness to these and help shape them.

There's nothing quite like being part of a community in its infancy, especially one as intrinsic as an MMO. New games in old franchises carry a lot of baggage, which makes it inaccessible to new fans and tiring to veterans alike. But when the slate is blank and the pen goes down, you can only go forward. Suffice it to say, I'm [once again] optimistic about the future of Destiny.

Namikaze1

I was making a comment on the conversation fig and few others were having about cloaks that I couldn't participate earlier in due to being busy with a weekly run. Why the need to respond with a jerkish reply?

Lnkn52

Nice words Zoba. I agree, and I'm glad I've been part of Destiny and DGAF (even from lurker status) from the beginning of this journey.

zewone

Because sometimes spamming the forum as your own personal blog and also using it to communicate with players in your fireteam vs. using voice chat or PSN messages can be a bit much is all.

lt519

Anyone up for a NF/Weekly combo?

Yeah Zoba, it is a good feeling. I was with Diablo 3 from the start, pre-nerfs, RMAH, horrible loot, etc and the game became phenomenal and now sells like gangbusters on consoles. I've always had hope that Destiny would have a similar arc and it turns out it's got the same exact one. We're in for a treat, as long as we realize TTK isn't a new game, but just a refined version of what we've been playing with a good chunk of new content. They've got a long way to go but I'll be there for the ride and probably all 10 years of their plan.

zewone

I remember reading a post Ghaleon made a while ago recounting how fascinating it's been to see Bungie polish this game. Maybe most people couldn't care for the "beta testing phase" of the last year, but I value being able to look back on it - for better or worse. The new players jumping in next month will be getting an incredible package for $60, but they'll have missed out on many things beyond a few faction weapons and public events.

Nobody is going to say that the things we saw on stream today are innovative or revolutionary changes. Indeed they are things that ought to have been there at the start, many of them comically so. Yet I personally feel more invested in the game that I am able to watch Bungie both misstep and course correct. From the simple things like UI changes to the larger things like the economy and encounter design, I appreciate that I've had the opportunity to bear witness to these and help shape them.

There's nothing quite like being part of a community in its infancy, especially one as intrinsic as an MMO. New games in old franchises carry a lot of baggage, which makes it inaccessible to new fans and tiring to veterans alike. But when the slate is blank and the pen goes down, you can only go forward. Suffice it to say, I'm [once again] optimistic about the future of Destiny.

I'm fine with it was I have enjoyed my first year of Destiny very much, but they played a dangerous game by pushing out a game without all the polish and content it probably should have had. There's a reason the game has a very negative stigma in general gaming. But, like you said, from a personal experience it's cool seeing how far it's come.

Top Bottom