• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

ocean

Banned
Hah; then it's even worse.

"Bungie" said one thing on the stream (delete ships/shaders/emblems), said something else on Twitter after (don't delete anything), Luke said delete Y1 Legendary (did he specify weapons or armor?), and Datto is agreeing with the Twitter.

They really need to get their messaging across. I'm sure it's complicated, but they need to have one guy sit down and write a definitive "safe to delete" list. The amount of stuff they leave ambiguous or wrong is just weird.
"So now you can wear armor that gives you elemental buffs"
"Now your exotics are stored here so you can get your alts dupes"

"Now" obviously meaning after the expansion launches, in this context. Same thing with the emblems.

* they didn't actually use these sentences but I think they illustrate the manner in which "now" was employed in context, making it consistent with their tweets and urges to not dismantle stuff and Datto's confirmation.

So the consensus so far is to get ready by spending all of our marks on upgrade material and buying plenty of heavy synths? Am I correct?

Buy heavy synths from Xur with coins. For your marks spend them on planetary mats if you are lowish, but if not I'd recommend keeping them then burning all the commendations once you've pledged to a vendor so you can get a guaranteed legendary from a rank up package.

Kyoufu

So the consensus so far is to get ready by spending all of our marks on upgrade material and buying plenty of heavy synths? Am I correct?

I don't know. They didn't say how many of our current marks would be converted into commendations in TTK. I don't know if spending them now is the best thing to do yet.

I guess we could just buy mats now and cap marks by September anyway.

todd360

Oh yeah there was one thing that bothered me during the stream. Wtf was with the vault fascination? I had to turn down volume when they started chanting vault space. It just didn't make much sense to me. Like we knew it was coming. Showing me empty blocks I already knew about isn't very exciting. The weapons and armor thing near Ikora was the big highlight for me. That should have been the thing saved for the end. That or gunsmith stuff.

Pretty much but get them back up again. I'm just going to do the daily x3 everyday that will give me a shitload of materials by the time TTK drops. That way I don't have to worry about grinding up all my marks and I will get a load of commendations on day 1

Edit just checked my characters and vault and I have nearly 1000 of each, I think I'll be ok

Namikaze1

Yep though stock up on planetary mats now instead of later.

Buy heavy synths from Xur with coins. For your marks spend them on planetary mats if you are lowish, but if not I'd recommend keeping them then burning all the commendations once you've pledged to a vendor so you can get a guaranteed legendary from a rank up package.
They can spend it now. We all have plenty of time to hit mark cap again. :)

LiK

Oh yeah there was one thing that bothered me during the stream. Wtf was with the vault fascination? I had to turn down volume when they started chanting vault space. It just didn't make much sense to me. Like we knew it was coming. Showing me empty blocks I already knew about isn't very exciting. The weapons and armor thing near Ikora was the big highlight for me. That should have been the thing saved for the end. That or gunsmith stuff.

most people only cared about vault space. i sorely need it.

stb

I just saw that part and he says "when you have emblems and stuff clutter up your vault and you have this,you can then safely delete your emblems etc..."

So he means AFTER the collections are introduced you can then delete emblems and shaders and such in your vault because they will be stored in your collections.

Yeah; subsequent posts to/with LTWood suggested that "now" meant "in the new build" rather than "right this very second in time". I think this is PROBABLY likely, but my overarching point is they suck at communicating this sort of thing.

I think they're trying a new tack this time by having the official Bungie twitter say "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T DELETE ANYTHING UNTIL 9/15", which is the safest course.

Bungie (Tyson Green) said "you can get rid of them now". In context he didn't mean right now, he was talking to DeeJ and meant that in The Taken King you'll be able to delete emblems without worrying about them being gone forever.

"So now you can wear armor that gives you elemental buffs"
"Now your exotics are stored here so you can get your alts dupes"

"Now" obviously meaning after the expansion launches, in this context. Same thing with the emblems.

* they didn't actually use these sentences but I think they illustrate the manner in which "now" was employed in context, making it consistent with their tweets and urges to not dismantle stuff and Datto's confirmation.

I'm not disagreeing.

I'm just saying that they say things that CAN be misinterpreted, as exemplified in this very thread, and then that gets telephoned around GAF, Reddit, GameFaqs, etc. Next thing you know a bunch of people delete shit.

Hah; then it's even worse.

"Bungie" said one thing on the stream (delete ships/shaders/emblems), said something else on Twitter after (don't delete anything), Luke said delete Y1 Legendary (did he specify weapons or armor?), and Datto is agreeing with the Twitter.

They really need to get their messaging across. I'm sure it's complicated, but they need to have one guy sit down and write a definitive "safe to delete" list. The amount of stuff they leave ambiguous or wrong is just weird.

Bungie (Tyson Green) said "you can get rid of them now". In context he didn't mean right now, he was talking to DeeJ and meant that in The Taken King you'll be able to delete emblems without worrying about them being gone forever.

Klyka

Banned
Uh,guys quick question cause I can't check right now:

If you kill someone in the PvP, do you get glimmer for the kill?

LiK

i guess i'll heed the advice and just stock up on mats before TTK comes out. i'll do that over the weekend.

Klyka

Banned
Yes. About 12 glimmer I believe

ah ok cause I just saw this:

NRujZxt.jpg

and thought I stumbled upon something new

They can spend it now. We all have plenty of time to hit mark cap again. :)

Oh yeah of course. That can be done in two weeks and it's pretty easy to run strikes or crucible for them. For the immediate future though you're right we should definitely stock up on Mats since we don't know if they'll still sell them, but I can't imagine they wouldn't.

FyreWulff

it was intentionaly corny

todd360

most people only cared about vault space. i sorely need it.

But its just empty blocks. How is that exciting to you. All I needed to hear was more vault space is coming and I say great. They show me the empty blocks and I don't form a spire over it. Its great that were getting it, but its no erotic blueprint touchscreen.

LiK

But its just empty blocks. How is that exciting to you. All I needed to hear was more vault space is coming and I say great. They show me the empty blocks and I don't form a spire over it. Its great that were getting it, but its no erotic blueprint touchscreen.

well, they didn't confirm it until they showed us. blame that on Bungie. besides, people wanted to know how much of an increase it was.

todd360

well, they didn't confirm it until they showed us. blame that on Bungie. besides, people wanted to know how much of an increase it was.

They told us there would be more space. That was enough for me. Its like buying a bigger SSD for your computer. You put it in and say thats nice. I like this extra room. You don't start chanting SSD SPACE!!!!!! FUCK YEAH! EXTRA BLOCKS!

Edit: The didn't out right confirm it, but anyone with a brain could figure it out from the hints.

LiK

They told us there would be more space. That was enough for me. Its like buying a bigger SSD for your computer. You put it in and say thats nice. I like this extra room. You don't start chanting SSD SPACE!!!!!! FUCK YEAH! EXTRA BLOCKS!

Edit: The didn't out right confirm it, but anyone with a brain could figure it out from the hints.

no one wants vague wording like "you get more space" and move on. just seeing it and having it acknowledged was a good move by them. not sure why they wouldn't make a big deal outta one of the most requested changes from players.

Relax. Let people be happy they have more space. You of all people should understand.

I think you need to chill. It's not that big of a deal. It's not that hard to understand why people were happy for the vault space.

todd360

Relax. Let people be happy they have more space. You of all people should understand.

I'm happy we are getting extra space. Sure give me dat space. I'm just saying that it was a dumb thing to end on and hype up. Exotic weapon blueprints was far cooler. They should have ended with that.

Why are people chanting for extra blocks? They said they were giving us more space somehow. Great. Show us the space and move on to cooler new stuff. That is all i'm trying to say.

Top Bottom